Did McDermott took over play calling in the 2nd half?

Einstein

Anyone else notice McDermott did not have the play sheet in the first half, but in the second half he not only had the play sheet but was also actively speaking (with the sheet over his mouth) between every play?

It was a night and day difference in defensive play between the first and second half as well.

Or maybe he was ordering wings off the stadium menu.

IMG-3378.jpg

Edited by Einstein
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

He clearly didn’t. You can see Babich screaming in the headset on what to do on the last play. They just settled into the game 

When play calling is taken over, the defensive coordinator doesn’t go home and sit oj the recliner. He is still coordinating position groups and actively speaking to the head coach.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't think that's the case, I was not surprised at all that the defense adjusted and suddenly the Cardinals run game was evaporating. That kind of thing happens at halftime.

Yeah I don’t think we will ever know for sure either way. McD would never admit it, even if he did take over. He learned his lesson the first time he admitted that he took over plays.

• Einstein changed the title to Did McDermott took over play calling in the 2nd half?
19 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Anyone else notice McDermott did not have the play sheet in the first half, but in the second half he not only had the play sheet but was also actively speaking (with the sheet over his mouth) between every play?

It was a night and day difference in defensive play between the first and second half as well.

Or maybe he was ordering wings off the stadium menu.

IMG-3378.jpg

I thought he might but I don't think he did...

Bills simply stopped being passive and got aggressive.

7 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

nah he was walking and hiding it while the offense was on the field  Control freak has to get his input in  Heard he tells the hotdog guy how much mustard goes on

I would honestly hope our defensive background HC is in the ear of the 1st year DC play caller.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

nah he was walking and hiding it while the offense was on the field  Control freak has to get his input in  Heard he tells the hotdog guy how much mustard goes on

God forbid the head coach does his job… like step in and make sure everything is running properly 

Edited by JGMcD2

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I would honestly hope our defensive background HC is in the ear of the 1st year DC play caller.

he was on the mike when the offense was on the field for final drive  Telling Brady to run three straight times and play  not to lose  Who call a qb run on third and long w your qb nursing a hurt hand?

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Bills held Cardinals to 270 yards which is really surprising with his easily they were moving it in the first half.

Cards only averaged 4.3 yards per play.

ThE dEfEnSe Is A pRoBlEm

Just now, DuckyBoys said:

he was on the mike when the offense was on the field for final drive  Telling Brady to run three straight times and play  not to lose  Who call a qb run on third and long w your qb nursing a hurt hand?

Bro did you notice we won the game or are you operating under the assumption we lost?  Y'all are unbelievable.

31 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

He clearly didn’t. You can see Babich screaming in the headset on what to do on the last play. They just settled into the game 

I tend to believe it is this. But I do think McD was much more involved on the headset 2nd half. 

• Like (+1) 1