Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Commented earlier but also want to add some other thoughts:

- Bills would have probably blown Arizona out if the tackling wasn't so subpar.

- The offense looked okay, but leaned too far conservatively.  I'd like to see some more play action and shots downfield.

- Allen is still incredible and easily the most dynamic player in the NFL.

- Cook looked great and extremely fast.

- Davis also looked good.

- More Shakir please.

- Where was Kincaid all game? I'm surprised he wasn't targeted more.

I think we're in for a rollercoaster of a season filled with near heart attacks and anxiety on my couch.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the offense showed it is going to be a top unit again this year and the defense showed it’s vulnerable but still can adjust and make key plays.  

34 points today after Allen only had 2 pass attempts with 2 min left in the first half and Kincaid only having 1 catch this game. 

I think Shakir proved he is ready to handle anything we throw at him, Hollins proved he is more than just a blocker as he ran some nice routes today, and Coleman proved he is ready to contribute early.  Cook looked great as did Davis.  OL needs to clean up the penalties though.

ST was a big issue still.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Savage said:

I would extend every good player we have.

why get rid of a good player, hoping to get a better player?

Because good players get paid too much on a second contract and it you pay all “good” but not “great” players then you will have no money for blue chip players

• Haha (+1) 1

Well our boys racked up another victory!!!  

playoff seeding starts well! 

GO BILLS!!! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Savage said:

Very intelligent.

thanks

Are you sitting in locker room.  Are you aware of what is going on.  Do you know what is happening on the field and who is calling the plays?

If you do then please elaborate.

Let's see what the facts are:

"this team will neve win a SB with this coach" - opinion

"too soft, too weak, too much of a *****" - opinion (and I'd like you to say that to their faces)

"The Bills should run as fast as they can from the stadium, because the dodged a bullet.” - opinion

So, yea.  I don't have to give you reasons when you don't give any of your own other than just saying "this team is bad and everyone should feel bad about this win".

Jack Sparrow Pirate GIF by MonkexNFT

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

I think most of the comments on the scared mentality is directed at his decision to try and sit on the lead by running the ball every play on the last offensive drive rather than letting josh have a shot to throw for the dagger. IMO, he’s the best closer we have. Not take 3 and let the defense try to close it out. I’m glad it worked out, but if Kyler finds a wide open Harrison or that PI gets called that probably should have, they lose.

What PI should have been called on the last series?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Savage said:

I would extend every good player we have.

why get rid of a good player, hoping to get a better player?

Because the Salary Cap doesn't allow it once you are paying a QB.

Unless you don't have very many good players 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Good win. Shaky defense. Lots of penalties. Huge ST's gaffe. Hopefully Josh is alright. The refs can suck it. 

Parks And Recreation Mic Drop GIF

Defense recovered. Ended up allowing 270 yards total offense and 4.3 yards per play to the Cards. In case you don't realize it, those numbers are pretty good in the NFL overall.

I'll take it in a first game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think the offense showed it is going to be a top unit again this year and the defense showed it’s vulnerable but still can adjust and make key plays.  

34 points today after Allen only had 2 pass attempts with 2 min left in the first half and Kincaid only having 1 catch this game. 

I think Shakir proved he is ready to handle anything we throw at him, Hollins proved he is more than just a blocker as he ran some nice routes today, and Coleman proved he is ready to contribute early.  Cook looked great as did Davis.  OL needs to clean up the penalties though.

ST was a big issue still.  

This, plus my 3 keys to the season were:

1.  Will the IOL improve, w/o Morse?

2. Will Von get back to 90% of prior self?

3. Will Groot become a dominant player?

I'd say #3 is trending up.  #1 looks like potential is there, mistakes by Torrence hurt.  #2, Von had some nice bully rushes and 1 speed rush ( didn't get home tho)- I'd say he's not 90% yet, but he's better than end of LY

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Refs let's them play at the end. A couple close calls they let go

And yes McDermott did nothing in this game to show he has learned anything

And here it comes.  The McDermott bashing after a win begins.  Welcome to another season of wa wa wa.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Defense recovered. Ended up allowing 270 yards total offense and 4.3 yards per play to the Cards.

I'll take it in a first game.

Yeah, I didn't say they were terrible, just shaky. The rush defense mostly, but Kyler adds a dimension we won't face too often. 

Just now, H2o said:

Yeah, I didn't say they were terrible, just shaky. The rush defense mostly, but Kyler adds a dimension we won't face too often. 

2nd half they had Murray shook on dropbacks...just needed to be more aggressive and less passive to start the game.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

What PI should have been called on the last series?

Last play 4th down on Dortch. Ingram had hands all over him and never turned around. I’m glad they didn’t call it but we’ve all seen the refs throw that flag a million times. Maybe not “should have been called” but rather “refs call that PI all the time”

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

Did you see him repeatedly attacking Murray with big blitzes on the final drive?

Didn't think so.......

I think he has too much confidence in his defense but not enough confidence in his offense. He certainly went after him.

23 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Honestly compared to some of these other week 1 games the bills and cardinals both looked pretty dialed in.  A lot of these teams look like absolute messes 

At least on offense. The Defense has a lot to improve on.