Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

11 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

Awesome comeback. Josh is still amazing and we have some great offensive weapons.

McDermott is still so shaky as a head coach. Trying to sit on that 3 point lead at the end just running every time. Bass could have missed the kick, that easily could have been PI on the last play to set them up for the win… I don’t understand why he still has this scared mentality on offense at the end of games with Josh Allen as his QB. It’s ok to throw and go for the throat. Let your best player get his shot to ice the game instead of always trying to put it on the defense who has failed so many times over the years in those situations.

2nd and two and you don’t trust Allen to throw. Play action kills the cards there. McDoofus, Brady, chicken ***** play calling. Almost cost us.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

Cards were sneaky and a bit better than some folks are giving credit BUT I see a lot of what plagued this team last year.  It looks like a typical McD coached team with inconsistent play and slow starts. 

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Word in the stadium is fractured forearm for Taron

Figured since he didn't come back in X-rays showed something was messed up.  Did anyone watch the replay - did Rapp's patented friendly fire take out Taron?

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think Daboll is going to be looking for a job after this season.

They have no use for Nabers over there.  I think we should call em up and offer them a 3rd round pick for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Cards were sneaky and a bit better than some folks are giving credit BUT I see a lot of what plagued this team last year.  It looks like a typical McD coached team with inconsistent play and slow starts. 

Curious if he took over play calling in the 2nd half when the Cards were pretty mediocre in terms of offense.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

i hated the amount  of times that 1st down was a zero sum play.   i feel like for having allen as qb we dont open the field up like we should.   

Brady thinking we have to be a running juggernaut hamstrings us. He was too predictable on first down. It’s going to cost us as the games goes on.

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Wasn’t pretty but got the W! Hopefully the team and coaching staff were able to knock the rust off. Lots of things to like and obviously some areas of concern. D only gave up 3 pts in the 2nd half.  Going forward I hope we just kick the ball into the EZ on kickoffs.  Good to see T Bass look solid on his FG’s. 

Brady is gonna need to tweak a few things to not become so predictable in the running game. Tackling needs to improve significantly!  Cam Lewis did a nice job stepping in for Taron.

On to MIA on a short week!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Waaaayyy too conservative on the bills last possession. Go for the throat. Don't play for a fg 

I honestly would have gone for it on 4th and 3 because I thought a field goal would get us beat 35-34.  Had they gone that route and not made it they probably go to overtime because the cardinals had the wind.

I really think buffalo would have gone on 4th and 3 had arizona been going into the wind.

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Honestly compared to some of these other week 1 games the bills and cardinals both looked pretty dialed in.  A lot of these teams look like absolute messes 

Yeah, I suppose that’s true as well.  The product sucks for 2 weeks into the year now bc of the joke they made of the preseason.

• Like (+1) 1

2nd half was way better than the first for the Bills.  The first half of the first game of the season is now basically meaningless with respect to judging play, it's more like the last preseason game used to be.  In the first half of those, starters played but they weren't fully dialed in yet.

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

Brady thinking we have to be a running juggernaut hamstrings us. He was too predictable on first down. It’s going to cost us as the games goes on.

the running game has a simplistic attitude....we are just going to run.   if works..it works..if not oh well.   I thought the mentally on the last drive was

pretty ho hum considering the game was on the line.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PayDaBill$ said:

If Arizona had Murray all year they would’ve been up near the top of the offensive stats last season.  They were middle of the pack overall with absolute clown qbs starting more than half their games.  That was an even worse matchup for our defense than Miami imo but we were supposed to roll on their defense which is how it went down.  The X factor keeping it close was that kickoff return td 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

2nd and two and you don’t trust Allen to throw. Play action kills the cards there. McDoofus, Brady, chicken ***** play calling. Almost cost us.

its who McDermott is  He gets tight in close games Lacks the killer instinct to go for the throat  Scared they will make a mistake and allows inferior teams to steam away wins

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I wonder how bad his hand was…they might not have wanted to risk a sack/fumble with that cardinals pass rush getting home 

He threw the ball on that drive. He also took a snap from under center to run the game out.

Edited by Beast