Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I am confused again. Did we rotate Benford with Ingram or was Benford hurt or why was Ingram on the field last play?

Are they using Ingram as a dime back?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Couldn’t we say that AZ got extremely lucky because they got a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty when the QB wasn’t touched or Allen missing a wide open Samuel on the first drive?

They also had a kickoff return td with like 4 blocks in the back haha 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, bouds said:

I wish Josh didn't fumble on that first possession, he had Curtis open.  He played pretty well today, he needs to not try and do to much, these guys around him can carry the load.  Did a good job running the ball early.  D and ST need work. 

I'm not sure how they're going to get these guys the ball over the middle.  It seems like we have a Shakir/Knox/Kincaid and even Coleman, that can really attack the middle, but not enough maybe on the outside.  Hopefully they figure it out as it goes on, we survived week 1, it's never pretty early.

I really don’t think Curtis was open but I will check it out again.  There was a robber that was gonna jump that route that Curtis was getting led right into. 

Josh doing too much probably won that game and was definitely a net positive even with the fumble.  That’s what gets me about the josh turnover criticism…it’s not that it’s wrong per se but you can’t cheer on the circus plays he pulls out of his butt on a 3rd and long to keep your team in the game while simultaneously roasting him for the turnovers trying to make plays happen. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Besides the first half defensive performance, the only glaring thing that stood out to me was the play call on that 3rd down. Absolutely terrible. At least give Allen the optoon to throw. He can attempt to scramble for a first down if the coverage is good. That and o-line penalties.

Overall good effort.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I’m talking about playoff quality offenses; KC, Baltimore, Detroit, Miami. Tyreek is going to eat well this week.

Todays issue was they Arizona plays with two and three tight ends and have a very physical running game.   Then you can't just rush because you can't create lanes for the qb to run through.

The dolphins run game is different and you can attack Tua right in the pocket.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 3

Bills get a win and it was a bit shaky but overall the type of win the Bills needed to get. The Bills defense got punched in the mouth aided by a bad call that cost them 4 points. The Bills offense was good but the fumble by Josh and the lack of time of possession hurt them. But the offense got it going with the 14 point double dip and then the defense actually did its part only letting up 5 points (a field goal and the two point conversion) in the second half. Special teams made a big blunder in the big return but luckily it didn't cost the Bills. Glad to see Bass hitting all of his kicks and Martin with a decent punt. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Besides the first half defensive performance, the only glaring thing that stood out to me was the play call on that 3rd down. Absolutely terrible. At least give Allen the optoon to throw. He can attempt to scramble for a first down if the coverage is good.

I wonder how bad his hand was…they might not have wanted to risk a sack/fumble with that cardinals pass rush getting home 

Great turnaround, but I think that this team will have some early season growing pains. I will take every win that we can get with this tough early schedule, one week at a time. The Dolphins game could be tough, but I am counting on the fact that we have recently owned them to somehow carry us through.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

D came through, which was unexpected. Could have been penalties on the last couple plays but Bills were due some calls. 

Coleman looked good, not sure why Kincaid was invisible, Groot was a beast.

If I had to guess a lot of defensive attention was being paid to Kincaid.

• Like (+1) 2