Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

This defense needs to be MUCH better against Waddle and Hill.

Hopefully this is preseason game 1 and they'll be in rhythm next week

The good news is they don’t have to really worry about a mobile QB. Tua can run but not like Murray or anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

The O will have to carry this team for at least the first half of season. Safeties are obviously not starter material. Get the kid healthy and Edward's in there and maybe they can jell.

Just now, Chugga said:

I don’t like to be “that guy” because a win is a win.  But Marvin Harrison Jr’s first touchdown catch of his career should have been a game winner today because everyone forgot to cover him on that last drive.

We got insanely lucky 

The price they pay for having a shrimp at QB. His height came into play multiple times.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ugly too often

Defense is going to be an issue all year. Hopefully Taron is not going to miss any time.

Everyone ate on offense. I hate that Allen had to put his body on the line in week 1.

Hate Brady's play calling too many times. Felt like there were so many opportunities to call a play action but we instead run right into a run blitz.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

Awesome comeback. Josh is still amazing and we have some great offensive weapons.

McDermott is still so shaky as a head coach. Trying to sit on that 3 point lead at the end just running every time. Bass could have missed the kick, that easily could have been PI on the last play to set them up for the win… I don’t understand why he still has this scared mentality on offense at the end of games with Josh Allen as his QB. It’s ok to throw and go for the throat. Let your best player get his shot to ice the game instead of always trying to put it on the defense who has failed so many times over the years in those situations.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

With all the new moving pieces, honestly I'll take that as a nice figure it out game we came out with a win.

Agree, I had limited expectations for both units in this one. Special teams is still scary, but all in all this was a solid week 1 effort.

3 minutes ago, Chugga said:

I don’t like to be “that guy” because a win is a win.  But Marvin Harrison Jr’s first touchdown catch of his career should have been a game winner today because everyone forgot to cover him on that last drive.

We got insanely lucky 

Looked like one of the bills defenders (can’t remember who) jumped up into the throwing lane…Kyler is very short also. He was running for his life after that quick shot at that throw he would’ve had 

and on top of that, bills would’ve had time and two timeouts down 1 if the cardinals hit a quick score there.  It was hardly insanely lucky 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Chugga said:

We got insanely lucky 

Couldn’t we say that AZ got extremely lucky because they got a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty when the QB wasn’t touched or Allen missing a wide open Samuel on the first drive?

• Like (+1) 2

I wish Josh didn't fumble on that first possession, he had Curtis open.  He played pretty well today, he needs to not try and do to much, these guys around him can carry the load.  Did a good job running the ball early.  D and ST need work. 

I'm not sure how they're going to get these guys the ball over the middle.  It seems like we have a Shakir/Knox/Kincaid and even Coleman, that can really attack the middle, but not enough maybe on the outside.  Hopefully they figure it out as it goes on, we survived week 1, it's never pretty early.

• Like (+1) 1