Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

At half time the announcers were discussing the time of possession hugely in favor of the Cards (20:56 to 9:54).  The funny thing is that by the end of the game Buffalo "won" the possession battle 30:30 to 29:30.  Other than the kickoff TD, the Bills basically destroyed the Cards in the second half.

Couple of late thoughts after looking at the box score.

3rd Downs: Only 3-9 on 3rd down and 9 penalties for 65 yard (admittedly 1 was BS).  We need to be better on 3rd down and Torrance needs to play better.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/8/2024 at 8:37 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

Did you notice the flags flapping madly?  It was a very windy day in Orchard Park and you're just not going to throw the ball all over the place.

Eh, he connected on 18 of 23. Allen’s arm strength had no issues connecting short to mid range passes. The only one that got away was the one to MVS. I remember the real wind game against New England. Daboll wouldn’t let him throw the ball till the 4th quarter, Allen proved he could execute still in those conditions but by that time it was too late. If Bass could make a field goal, I think Allen could be trusted to complete a few more passes. 

On 9/8/2024 at 7:41 PM, Big Turk said:

Agree to an extent, but they moved the ball pretty well...I am sure Kincaid will get plenty of targets over the season.

Likely matchup related.

By the way I did find Kincaid snaps against Knox’s,  and Kincaid had a good deal more. So he was either well covered or blocking a lot or both. I’d have to go back and try and watch him more to see what was happening.  But if him drawing extra attention would have been a good thing if it opened other options up. I was wrong in thinking he wasn’t used much.👍

41 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

By the way I did find Kincaid snaps against Knox’s,  and Kincaid had a good deal more. So he was either well covered or blocking a lot or both. I’d have to go back and try and watch him more to see what was happening.  But if him drawing extra attention would have been a good thing if it opened other options up. I was wrong in thinking he wasn’t used much.👍

From what others said after they watched the All-22, it appeared the Cardinals game plan was to take Kincaid out of the game as they were triple covering him some plays.

• Like (+1) 1