Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

34 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

People keep bringing this up but I don’t think he was cleared to play he said he would have to wait and see 

I expect if Hyde comes back it will be at the UFA/trade deadline if they assess he can help the team or provide some insurance based on injuries for playoff run and playoffs, similar to the Joseph and Fournette signings last year.  Beane has stated they'll "stay in touch", and no doubt Hyde is keeping himself in shape.  Dude is getting old and banged up so why wouldn't he just wait until later - I'm sure he's fine with not playing an entire season.  But not having to sign him will be a good thing - will mean not decimated by injuries and Edwards and Bishop pan out 

Edited by stevewin

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Under things to work on

1) kick off coverage

2) some OL issues (Torrence & Dawkins) and creating holes late in the game/

3) Containment of mobile QBs

4) Stopping the run.  

As for stopping the run.   The Bills held Cards to 67 yards on 20 carries other than Murray.  Not bad down Taron and Milano.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Too much complaining about what we didn't do (Kincaid, et cetera).  Let's take a step back and consider that there are things this team is capable of doing that we did not show today because it was a non-conference, non-division opponent, and we probably want to save some stuff for Thursday night and other upcoming games.

What we did was enough to win the game, and that's all that matters.

I expect we'll see stuff on Thursday that we didn't want to lay down on film for the Dolphins.

I totally believe that.

11 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

As for stopping the run.   The Bills held Cards to 67 yards on 20 carries other than Murray.  Not bad down Taron and Milano.

No bad, but also not very good in the 1st half.  That's why I also mentioned QB containment.  

Honestly, its the first week of the season and the starters didn't play much in the pre-season.  I'm not really surprised that there are issues to be ironed out.  

FYI: The highlight of the game from a team overview was the 9 receivers who caught the ball.  2 RBs, 2 TEs and 5 WRs all had catches today.  As Josh gets more comfortable, good luck to teams trying to stop that diverse a passing attack.

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah, I mean Allen is just...underappreciated I think. He is so special that even when he isn't looking other worldly he is doing things that nobody else does.

I just hope people realize how good we have it now. We will never see a QB like Allen again in our lifetime on the Bills...don't let the time pass without appreciating every second of it 

Agee 100% 

these are special times. He’s Mahomes without the hardware. And they call Mahomes the GOAT in the making. 

A long way to go but in his current trajectory Allen could finish his career as a top 5 QB all time without any rings. That’s both how good he is and how snake bitten the Bills have been.

29 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Love the honest self-reflection.

I try to keep it fun at the stadium. I'm a loud one on defense. First half was challenging, but whining and complaining in public is grating and immature. I got quieter for a bit, no doubt. But my section (127) kept bringing the energy and we ultimately had a good time. 

It's kinda part of the game. At least as a fan lol

22 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

Our two safeties were almost invisible.  I only see them when the play is over.  Both Rapp and Hamlin need to be replaced.

If your safety's aren't ball hawking...

You kind of want them to be invisible like offensive line... That means they're doing their job 

Generally if the camera is being panned to them and they're chasing someone 50 yards down the field... They messed up lol

But not getting a lot of tackles mean the linebackers were in play... And not getting torched means they weren't being tested  really

Would I like more splash plays from the safeties? Yes

But usually if they're invisible it's because they did their job to not be seen

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

Our two safeties were almost invisible.  I only see them when the play is over.  Both Rapp and Hamlin need to be replaced.

Rapp had a couple good plays and at least one pass breakup. I'm not going to pile on Hamlin because I think it's pretty clear he won't be starting in a few weeks.

They weren't really challenged much anyways.

24 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Murray can make some plays, but who in Arizona actually thinks they would ever win a Super Bowl with that guy?

Disagree. My only concern with Murray is his health. I think he is easily top 10 in the league when he is healthy. I’d take him over someone like Hurts who nearly won a Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Rapp had a couple good plays and at least one pass breakup. I'm not going to pile on Hamlin because I think it's pretty clear he won't be starting in a few weeks.

They weren't really challenged much anyways.

agreed. Hamlin did have a really good open field tackle that prevented a potential big gain on the ground. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Disagree. My only concern with Murray is his health. I think he is easily top 10 in the league when he is healthy. I’d take him over someone like Hurts who nearly won a Super Bowl.

He is too damn short.  Everyone wanted to make a big thing about MJH breaking free near the end, but it didn’t matter because Kyler never saw him. And not because he wasn’t looking - he literally COULDN’T see him.

31 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Especially since Connor had a 20 yard run in there also in the 4th quarter.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, MJS said:

Von looked fine to me. I'm not sure why others are saying he looked bad.

Because some people don’t like him - and they have some good reasons not to.  But the fact is he played pretty well and made a couple of big plays at important junctures.  He knows he can’t dominate a game like he used to, but he can still pick his spots and rise to the occasion a few times a game, and that’s all we need from him.  But some people let their (justifiable) dislike of him morph into a refusal to admit that he can ever do anything good on the field. 

41 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

Probably going to be the case most times you only give up 162 yards Passing in a game.

• Thank you (+1) 2