Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, it’s because the NBA sucks up 40% of their revenue off the bat. They have more partners and expansion fees coming in. 

I mean the NBA owners are funding it out of their own pockets and have lost tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars collectively since the league started...they should be trying to recoup their investment in a black hole league sucking money from them like the USPS does from the federal budget 

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Same. I flow with the game. I'm not going to lie and say positive things when they look like trash but I'm also there to cheer and make those "let's go, Go Bills comments too". GDT is my way of chillin with Bills fans during the game. I say stuff I'd say to a buddy sitting with me. It's the whole experience. 

I’m in a rage one moment then jumping up and down like I just won the lottery the next, I say mean things about players that I don’t mean and I swear occasionally.

I just never post in those GDT because I know I’m not thinking rationally during the game, heck I have a difficult enough time being rational under perfect conditions. I go back an read through some of the thread after the game.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

I mean the NBA owners are funding it out of their own pockets and have lost tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars collectively since the league started...they should be trying to recoup their investment in a black hole league sucking money from them like the USPS does from the federal budget 

That’s apples to oranges though, the USPS is a service like the U.S. army. 

The WNBA is a business and I totally agree that the NBA is a blessing too. But they’re still projecting to get even more revenue next season. A new domestic media agreement will be critical. 

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

That’s apples to oranges though, the USPS is a service like the U.S. army. 

The WNBA is a business and I totally agree that the NBA is a blessing too. But they’re still projecting to get even more revenue next season. A new domestic media agreement will be critical. 

I mean it's about time...the league wouldn't have even survived without the NBA being willing to dump money into it...

Look at what happened to all these other football leagues without the NFL support

Cardinals are sneaky good with Murray as a starter (made playoffs with him in the past and were .500 with him healthy last year) so I'll gladly take this win. Just win baby 

McDermott worries me though. Alot of mental mistakes today that we've seen for years. I think the lack of actual preseason snaps for our starters is causing issues early in the season the last two years. Allen is a bit rusty week one because he doesn't really play preseason. Same with other starters. I had a bad feeling like week 1 last year. Difference is we rebounded and Cardinals strength is offense, not defense, so we weren't stonewalled in the second half. 

If Allen doesn't go superman, we lose which is worrying. 

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, julian said:

I’m in a rage one moment then jumping up and down like I just won the lottery the next, I say mean things about players that I don’t mean and I swear occasionally.

I just never post in those GDT because I know I’m not thinking rationally during the game, heck I have a difficult enough time being rational under perfect conditions. I go back an read through some of the thread after the game.

You sound a lot like me but with more self control. I should just not post. It is a bit embarrassing re-reading. 

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Weird game for sure, but awkward results should be expected with the way the Bills structure their preseason.

Honestly, time to end that. I’d rather see a team that looks more sound than sloppy, considering these stars we try to protect get injured anyways. 

3 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

You sound a lot like me but with more self control. I should just not post. It is a bit embarrassing re-reading. 

Love the honest self-reflection.

I try to keep it fun at the stadium. I'm a loud one on defense. First half was challenging, but whining and complaining in public is grating and immature. I got quieter for a bit, no doubt. But my section (127) kept bringing the energy and we ultimately had a good time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Know what the best thing about a game like today is?  The coaches and players leave the field knowing that have things to clean up, but they still got the W. The O was solid most of the game and the D was decent in the second half. 

Under things to work on

1) kick off coverage

2) some OL issues (Torrence & Dawkins) and creating holes late in the game/

3) Containment of mobile QBs

4) Stopping the run.  

5) Some blown zone coverage assignments.

Kirby Smart would say that he's happy the team got the win, but there are many teachable moments this week in practice.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MJS said:

Von looked fine to me. I'm not sure why others are saying he looked bad.

Von looked good as a pass rusher.  Which is what we want from him. 

The people criticizing him think he’s washed because he looks slow chasing Kyler Murray… as would every DE in the league.