Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

How often does our defense start slow like this only to adjust and play well?

It feels like every week that we don't play a back up or horrible qb this happens.  That just me?

I don't think it is every week but it is far too often for comfort. I hope the defense needs to gel and will get much better overall 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

We are seeing the effects of a transition,not rebuild, year.  November through the first part of January will be most telling.

Outside of Groot today, not enough pressure from the front 4 on a consistent enough basis. And Josh needs to make quicker decisions with the Ball.  On the Fumble he had a guy wide open in front of him.

But overall, a really solid game once everything settled down. 

I kinda think the pressure from the front 4 had alot to do with scheme. Murray is kinda an outlier, he's almost better when guys collapse the pocket, he squeezes through a hole and makes crazy things happen. There were a few plays you could tell the bills entire line was playing contain. They weren't trying to get to him more like squeeze him and force him to throw. I think we will see more pressure put on qbs by the front 4 when they aren't playing a Murray like qb.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And they still put up 34 points and averaged over 6 yards a play 😂

So what? It may beat the Cardinals weak defense, but it won’t beat the Dolphins. 23 passes vs 33 runs isn’t going to cut it against stiffer competition. We were one pass interference call away from losing, ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

So what? It may beat the Cardinals weak defense, but it won’t beat the Dolphins. 23 passes vs 33 runs isn’t going to cut it against stiffer competition. We were one pass interference call away from losing, ridiculous.

Really? Considering how Allen owns the Fins I wouldn't be so sure.

It's week 1...stop overreacting like 90% of people do. Pretty much a throwaway game since nobody really has any game film on anyone.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

what's your point?  Miami was a yard away from losing as well.  It's quite possible, in fact I would say probable, that the Bills just might have a different game plan for the Dolphins than for the Cardinals

• Agree 1

Apparently Facebook and other sites streams of NFL games were shutdown today. Maybe folks should just pony up the money for ST.  I hate it’s on YouTube TV now harder to sync video and bills audio and DTV was easy to negotiate a great deal being a long time customer.

Edited by Xwnyer

There was a long line at the buffet today but if the portions Josh consumed continue we’ll  be seeing Trubisky start soon. When Allen goes back and watches it I hope it helps him to adopt the game Brady is asking him to play. We have the weapons for that and today showed why some opportunities Josh is taking should be served to Shakir or someone else. Shakir’s 1st half catch and RAC are his game and we need him involved regularly. A bigger plate for him please.

One way to look at the officiating is that the league may have decided that if their film team sees an egregious call they can contact the field crew and tell them to give up something to balance it out. Had they left the Murray late hit unaddressed there would probably be a whole lot more fan discussion of the zebra work in our game. Giving the UR penalty to us makes it all seem like an issue that doesn’t have to consume the fan media all week long as it might have otherwise.

There seems to be a lot of concern over the run/pass ratio but with the limited practice time leading into the season one of the biggest victims is run game timing for the OL. AZ was a good team to getting that timing together and it should pay dividends as early as tis week when we get a Dolphin team that gave up 120 yards to RBs today.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Really? Considering how Allen owns the Fins I wouldn't be so sure.

It's week 1...stop overreacting like 90% of people do. Pretty much a throwaway game since nobody really has any game film on anyone.

Wasn’t overreacting. There were too many mistakes today including the coordinator. Your Qb was very dialed in. He’s a top 2 qb in the league. 23 passes vs 33 runs is not who we should be when the passing game is clicking. Asking why your first round draft pick was an afterthought is a legitimate question. Sorry I’m not a rah rah rah we won and nobody better question anything about the game kinda guy. I expect more from Brady, if this is the best he’s got we won’t cut it against stiffer competition. You people getting sand in your *****’s because someone questions play calling or personal is hilarious. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

what's your point?  Miami was a yard away from losing as well.  It's quite possible, in fact I would say probable, that the Bills just might have a different game plan for the Dolphins than for the Cardinals

I do agree with you with that, we’ll see on Thursday. I don’t agree playing scared against the Cardinals at home is the way to go. We saw enough of that last year. 

Just now, Turbo44 said:

Watching SEA/DEN game. The officials overturned a bad roughing the passer call with “the help of the sky ref.” Why didn’t this happen on the horrendous call bs vs buffalo today 

There was a play in the Tampa game where the on field refs called a lineman too far up the field. The sky ref overturned it.  Why they chose not to step in on the Buffalo call is anyone’s guess.

6 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Watching SEA/DEN game. The officials overturned a bad roughing the passer call with “the help of the sky ref.” Why didn’t this happen on the horrendous call bs vs buffalo today 

That’s what I was expecting when it got called.  Maybe the wind blew away the sky ref.  

39 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Wasn’t overreacting. There were too many mistakes today including the coordinator. Your Qb was very dialed in. He’s a top 2 qb in the league. 23 passes vs 33 runs is not who we should be when the passing game is clicking. Asking why your first round draft pick was an afterthought is a legitimate question. Sorry I’m not a rah rah rah we won and nobody better question anything about the game kinda guy. I expect more from Brady, if this is the best he’s got we won’t cut it against stiffer competition. You people getting sand in your *****’s because someone questions play calling or personal is hilarious. 

We didn't have a first round draft pick this year.

Maybe asking why Arizona's first round pick, number 4 overall, and widely considered the best receiver coming out in the draft in a decade or more was hardly involved would be the better question?

Anytime you are basing what is going to happen the entire year based on a single game, let alone the first game of the season, it's an overreaction.

Because this team, like many others, bases what they do week to week on the best matchups they feel they can exploit against the weaknesses of the other team. 

That doesn't mean they are going to be right, or that what they think will actually work, and they then may have to adjust in game, but that's the way it works.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1