Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

48 minutes ago, Simon said:

The most obnoxious poster in the game thread disappeared at half time.

He did not do so mysteriously; or voluntarily. :devil:

I was one of those guys, but I limited it to my living room and the wife can’t afford to make me disappear, otherwise I’m sure it woulda happened decades ago.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, julian said:

I was one of those guys, but I limited it to my living room and the wife can’t afford to make me disappear, otherwise I’m sure it woulda happened decades ago.

I don't know whether to go with a laugh or agree emoji, because they both fit. :blush:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

For those of you complaining:  we moved the ball up and down the field today with 0 involvement from Kincaid 

I believe Kincaid scores on the batted down pass, he was wide open with a blocker and 1 defender.  Not to mention cook was destroying the cardinals on the ground. The passing game wasn't as necessary today, most of the passing was needed cuz the bills had so many penalties and kept putting themselves in a hole. If there wasn't those penalties cook and the run game would have grinded out the clock making it not such a nail biter.

• Agree 1

We are seeing the effects of a transition,not rebuild, year.  November through the first part of January will be most telling.

Outside of Groot today, not enough pressure from the front 4 on a consistent enough basis. And Josh needs to make quicker decisions with the Ball.  On the Fumble he had a guy wide open in front of him.

But overall, a really solid game once everything settled down. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

A few thoughts:

1) Offense: we can nit pick some play calls on offense, but I really liked the philosophy. And they Had a ton of success moving the ball. I suspect we will ripple out the wrinkles soon enough.  

2) Defense: The inexperience in the defensive secondary was scary. Way too many blown coverages. Would have been a different game if Arizona converted on those. That has to be cleaned up.

3) Special Teams: coddrington is the real deal!! Great opening kickoff return. He will be a weapon. Giving up the kickoff to the cards is just going to happen more this year. 

4) coaching. Growing pains, but the second half adjustments on defense were very promising. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Looked like they were still in preseason mode on defense and not so special teams. But it’s nice to get the win while they get some kinks worked out. A lot of new parts that need to jell and losing Johnson didn’t help at all obviously. We can’t afford to keep losing our best players.

• Like (+1) 1