Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm talking about the GDT posters who only show up on Sundays to biatch" away but mysteriously disappear as soon as the Bills

play better.

The most obnoxious poster in the game thread disappeared at half time.

He did not do so mysteriously; or voluntarily. :devil:

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BruceVilanch said:

It seemed like he did after the first half, the kick off return for a TD was not on him.

Exactly. That kick return shouldn't really happen.

A lot of the defense was struggling with a highly athletic QB, which continues to be a struggle. DE is the position really missing an impact player. The defense that came out in the 2nd half was totally different than the first half, and they probably put the game away if not for the teturn.

I like what Buffalo put out there offensively: run the ball, spread it around, and I think we'll see more downfield in better conditions.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I will take an opening day win no matter how they get it.  Never sure what we have.   Seems like they made things hard on themselves.  

Is that new? They always make things harder than they need to be it seems.

Just now, y2zipper said:

Exactly. That kick return shouldn't really happen.

A lot of the defense was struggling with a highly athletic QB, which continues to be a struggle. DE is the position really missing an impact player. The defense that came out in the 2nd half was totally different than the first half, and they probably put the game away if not for the teturn.

I like what Buffalo put out there offensively: run the ball, spread it around, and I think we'll see more downfield in better conditions.

Groot is about to change that narrative I think. Von Miller about to look like Nostradamus with his analysis of him when he first got here.

Edited by Big Turk

20 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have a lot I want to say and I was furious for most of this game. I’ll do the right thing first though …I killed Bass all offseason he was good today. I got to be fair

His weak ass leg almost cost us the game. 

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

The 4 👍 for the game: 
1) Josh Allen - Best player in history to don a Bills Jersey 

2) Groot - the guy is a beast.  

3) James Cook - Ran well, found holes even when the OC sold him out on first down every damn time.

4) OL - Torrance and Brown didn’t play their best, there were too many false starts, but overall the protection held up.  Great to see there were Zero issues at the center position.

The 4 👎🏼 for the game:

1) Safeties - we all knew this combo was suspect, they proved us right.

2) Special Teams - again this team Achilles heal.  90 yard TD return, kickoff squibbed  OB…poor
3) OC - Zero creativity leading to Josh having to play hero ball.  Might have an injured left hand as a result.

4) 1st Half DC - Zero punts, zero pressure, WRs wide open, way to much space given on 3rd and medium, and just gashed on 3rd downs.  

Torrence in the down, IMO.  He'll be better.  But he committed some critical penalties, 1 early cost us 4 points.

Def coaching down 1st half agree, but major up in 2nd half.  Gotta acknowledge that.  We gave up 1 FG in 2nd half, less the kickoff return/2 pt conv.

I wouldn't put Brady in down category.  We had open running lanes, and open options in passing attack.  He doesn't need to be creative when things are working.  Josh's injury was a fluke, and on a scramble not a designed run.

I'd put Coleman in the UP category.  Big time play on that 50/50 ball.

Edited by MasterStrategist
  • Like (+1) 2

With exception of rams game a few years ago, haven’t they always looked meh in opening game.  Some good things, some bad things but just needed win before Miami game. Bummed Miami won but it was a scorcher down in Florida so hopefully impacts players on short week. I remember how flat we looked in BMore a few years ago after we barely lost that fish game in heat. 

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

The most obnoxious poster in the game thread disappeared at half time.

He did not do so mysteriously; or voluntarily. :devil:

I'm on my best behavior. 

5 minutes ago, Success said:

"Hail Murray" vibes at the end. Glad that history doesn't always repeat itself.

Maybe that "history not repeating" thing will continue if we see KC in the playoffs.

I like this train of thought...

• Like (+1) 1