Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

37 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The final play I guess?  That’s how every last passing play of the game is defended no matter the team lol. 

You guess?  Tell me you would feel the same if roles were reversed.  That was a bad no call as much as the slide calls were both wrong.

• Disagree 2

25 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not to mention losing your world class nickel a couple minutes in.

People don't respect enough what he brings to this defense both physically and mentally, imo.

Cover 1 did a matchup episode about how big the loss of Milano was and how much the Cardinals offense is being built to attack aggressive nickel defenses like McDermott runs. They were running out 3 TE sets there. I don't care how good your CB group is that is a way to make mismatches.

The way Brady turned things around was abandoning the "contain Murray runs" approach that was letting him pick apart the zone was exploiting a weak O line with blitzes and taking his chances on getting burned with man. With less time Murray took his and the Bills defense allowed 3 points in the second half 

• Like (+1) 1

D was cheeks for first three drives, was good after.  Secondary play wasnt great, line was sick.

Penalties killed us.

On o, we ran way too much into a wall, the cards called a great run d vs US but they had no answer for the passing, not the best  of play calls by Brady.  If we mixed in like 4 play action plays on first a d second down instead of runs we walk way in a laugher.

Work in progress 

My blood pressure doesn’t agree but the score masked a kinda dominant win. AZ gets a penalty TD and a kickoff TD, and a Bills TD wiped by a bad call. 💩 happens but this was a ~14 point win.

Clean up the penalties, fix the ST, and for gods sake get off the field on 3rd down D and all will be right in the world once more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, DC Greg said:

Awesome comeback. Josh is still amazing and we have some great offensive weapons.

McDermott is still so shaky as a head coach. Trying to sit on that 3 point lead at the end just running every time. Bass could have missed the kick, that easily could have been PI on the last play to set them up for the win… I don’t understand why he still has this scared mentality on offense at the end of games with Josh Allen as his QB. It’s ok to throw and go for the throat. Let your best player get his shot to ice the game instead of always trying to put it on the defense who has failed so many times over the years in those situations.

Well said. Pleasantly surprised with the offensive weapons. Still have that thorn in our side that is the guy in charge of the whole thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have a lot I want to say and I was furious for most of this game. I’ll do the right thing first though …I killed Bass all offseason he was good today. I got to be fair

He almost lost us the game with that terrible kickoff and the kick out of bounds. He’s definitely a liability and you should continue to be critical. We need an upgrade asap. 

Edited by Trev
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Greg Rousseau looked fantastic. 3 sacks. Saw the 2. Not sure what they crediting a 3rd sack to him but I'll take it. Von Miller also showing a little something. Don't think safeties played that bad. All I heard about was how much Trey McBride was gonna kill us. But he definitely was kept under check all day.

At the end of first Cards drive just before TD on 2nd anf goal he caused Murray to run OOB with no gain, and thez credited him with sack.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

What I mean has nothing to do with long time fans on this board who might be a little critical of the team.

I may not agree with everything those fans say but they are Bills fans through and through.

I'm talking about the GDT posters who only show up on Sundays to biatch" away but mysteriously disappear as soon as the Bills

play better.

I have let these "fans" (who I think are trolls) run me off the GDT in the past.  Not anymore.  I'm marking down these fools and putting them on ignore.

There is a great need for more truth out here. What you're doing is honorable

Don't let others get you down, bud.

And, as always, Go Bills!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

Anyone know why Trubisky was warming up?  Did Allen get banged up?

Allen came down with his right elbow in his left hand.  They taped his left hand and he seemed slightly uncomfortable (the word wince was used).  He went back in with no drama, but Mitch started warming up just in case he got more uncomfortable.

16 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Not going to win too many games giving up 28 points

Not gonna win too many games giving up 34 points…, 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Anyone know why Trubisky was warming up?  Did Allen get banged up?

Looks like a dep bruise on his left hand that happened when he landed after hurdling Budda Baker.

The 4 👍 for the game: 
1) Josh Allen - Best player in history to don a Bills Jersey 

2) Groot - the guy is a beast.  

3) James Cook - Ran well, found holes even when the OC sold him out on first down every damn time.

4) OL - Torrance and Brown didn’t play their best, there were too many false starts, but overall the protection held up.  Great to see there were Zero issues at the center position.

The 4 👎🏼 for the game:

1) Safeties - we all knew this combo was suspect, they proved us right.

2) Special Teams - again this team Achilles heal.  90 yard TD return, kickoff squibbed  OB…poor
3) OC - Zero creativity leading to Josh having to play hero ball.  Might have an injured left hand as a result.

4) 1st Half DC - Zero punts, zero pressure, WRs wide open, way to much space given on 3rd and medium, and just gashed on 3rd downs.  

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean…it’s one of the best rushing offenses in the league against one of the worst rushing defenses after the qb sustained a hand injury.  Not the craziest decision in the world imo but it’s gonna get nitpicked like every play that doesn’t work does. Your closer might’ve gone to the line with options and decided to keep too keep in mind. 

the Harrison if is wild, the bills were collapsing the pocket and jumping into the throwing lanes so Kyler really didn’t even have the opportunity to see him and even if he did, bills go down 1 with 40ish seconds left and 2 timeouts and your closer has the ball back 

We have Bass though, not sure I like those odds.