Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

It was the typical lazy first defensive drive. Other than that and the kick return I don't think it was too bad. 

Offensively you won't empty the playbook in week 1. I do think we need more drawn up for Shakir. Hell he wasn't even on the field enough.

Derisively you just see the huge difference when you get pressure. Babich was too conservative early 

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Don't like the "ok with a field goal"  mentality on our last offensive drive. 

I think it had everything to do with the cardinals having the wind and if you get stopped there, they can make a long field goal to tie the game.

They chose to make them go score a TD and win and they almost did thanks to a terrible kickoff.  

I imagine if the wind was normal they go for the first down and the win there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

How do you allow ball to be kicked OOB and let them get ball at the 40???

The 2 commentators were right with you.  Ross couldn’t understand how you kick it out of bounds when the field is 53 yards wide.  Feeley thought you can’t be cute trying to get it in by the sideline and with the wind, he’d have kicked it to the middle of the field between the returners.  Would be interesting to know whose decision that was.

Just now, paulmm3 said:

Josh looked good, James Cook looked good. Defense especially linebackers and safeties did not look as good

Greg Rousseau looked fantastic. 3 sacks. Saw the 2. Not sure what they crediting a 3rd sack to him but I'll take it. Von Miller also showing a little something. Don't think safeties played that bad. All I heard about was how much Trey McBride was gonna kill us. But he definitely was kept under check all day.

Just now, Kmart128 said:

Greg Rousseau looked fantastic. 3 sacks. Saw the 2. Not sure what they crediting a 3rd sack to him but I'll take it. Von Miller also showing a little something. Don't think safeties played that bad. All I heard about was how much Trey McBride was gonna kill us. But he definitely was kept under check all day.

Greg Rousseau did look like the second best player on this team. I was not a fan of safety play today though

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I mean what do they think someone like Josh is going to say?  

We'll obviously find out more later and hopefully it's just a bruise.

He said he was fine with his elbow which he obviously was not.

Yeah, they taped up his hand/wrist to mask the fact it was really his elbow.

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Early in the game he chased Murray out of bounds for a loss of like 3 inches.

• Like (+1) 3