Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The final play I guess?  That’s how every last passing play of the game is defended no matter the team lol. 

Yeah, I thought Ingraham did a good job defending that.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

This game was rough. The defense is going to be a liability all year. Good on Rousseau to step up but Toohill getting as much playing time as he got is so concerning. 

Espenesa was invisible 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, DC Greg said:

Last play 4th down on Dortch. Ingram had hands all over him and never turned around. I’m glad they didn’t call it but we’ve all seen the refs throw that flag a million times. Maybe not “should have been called” but rather “refs call that PI all the time”

I have to disagree. I liked the way he defended that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

the running game has a simplistic attitude....we are just going to run.   if works..it works..if not oh well.   I thought the mentally on the last drive was

pretty ho hum considering the game was on the line.

I didn't see a lot of motion or misdirection plays. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

I think most of the comments on the scared mentality is directed at his decision to try and sit on the lead by running the ball every play on the last offensive drive rather than letting josh have a shot to throw for the dagger. IMO, he’s the best closer we have. Not take 3 and let the defense try to close it out. I’m glad it worked out, but if Kyler finds a wide open Harrison or that PI gets called that probably should have, they lose.

I mean…it’s one of the best rushing offenses in the league against one of the worst rushing defenses after the qb sustained a hand injury.  Not the craziest decision in the world imo but it’s gonna get nitpicked like every play that doesn’t work does. Your closer might’ve gone to the line with options and decided to keep too keep in mind. 

the Harrison if is wild, the bills were collapsing the pocket and jumping into the throwing lanes so Kyler really didn’t even have the opportunity to see him and even if he did, bills go down 1 with 40ish seconds left and 2 timeouts and your closer has the ball back 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

23 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Waaaayyy too conservative on the bills last possession. Go for the throat. Don't play for a fg 

Generally agree, but in this case it forced the Cards to have to throw an end zone heave on 4th down instead of kick a 46 yard FG to tie the game. Worked out this time.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

Last play 4th down on Dortch. Ingram had hands all over him and never turned around. I’m glad they didn’t call it but we’ve all seen the refs throw that flag a million times. Maybe not “should have been called” but rather “refs call that PI all the time”

They aren’t throwing that flag to close out the game…absolutely no chance 

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

He deserves every complaint he gets.

Why? The Bills are a playoff team every year. “Waaah! Waahhh! We haven’t won the Super Bowl under him!” No, we haven’t, but lots of teams are trying to win that and pretty much everything must go right (injuries, refs etc) for it to happen. So far it hasn’t. Deal with it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

It’s short for both of them though. Not being snarky; I just don’t see the problem. 

I agree.  Buckle up butter cup.   I believe there is a bigger than normal advantage being the home team on Thursdays too.  

6 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Why? The Bills are a playoff team every year. “Waaah! Waahhh! We haven’t won the Super Bowl under him!” No, we haven’t, but lots of teams are trying to win that and pretty much everything must go right (injuries, refs etc) for it to happen. So far it hasn’t. Deal with it. 

Matchup wise the cardinals offense when we’re missing Milano and basically running with a new starting safety tandem is a tall task I don’t think the casual gameday thread visitor really understands 

that team is like scientifically engineered to beat our defensive scheme haha 

• Like (+1) 2