Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Refs let's them play at the end. A couple close calls they let go

And yes McDermott did nothing in this game to show he has learned anything

Grateful for the win but today I realized we’re probably gonna need a new HC to get to the mountain top. I’m a homer and slow to come around I guess. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The NFL does an injustice to Allen. Much like the WNBA with Caitlin Clark. Both of them make the game entertaining and watchable no matter the opponent, score, or factor. In this case, though, Clark is singlehandedly making an irrelevant league relevant against the desires and attitudes of the entire league she is in vs Josh who still second fiddle to a deserving Mahomes in a league that is recording breaking revenues. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Offence looks solid and will only get better,  the defence and coaching was not at playoff level. I think this could be our worse defence in years.  Beane should be called out for who he has as starting safeties and McDermott needs to stop kicking FG'S late games that don't give at least an 8 point lead.  

Again we could have easily been called for PI on Ingram coverage and they get the ball around 1 yard line.  Moving forward,  I think Beane needs to make a trade for another safety or convince Hyde to return. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I love the ho-hum reference. Seems like one out of every three games Allen has a game exactly like today's game. 4 TD's 1 turnover. Carrying the Bills to victory despite the defense/special teams best efforts to spoil. 

Every other game?  You realize the Bills D has been among the best in the NFL for the last 4 years and the Bills average win is by double digits over that time?

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

The NFL does an injustice to Allen. Much like the WNBA with Caitlin Clark. Both of them make the game entertaining and watchable no matter the opponent, score, or factor. In this case, though, Clark is singlehandedly making an irrelevant league relevant against the desires and attitudes of the entire league she is in vs Josh who still second fiddle to a deserving Mahomes in a league that is recording breaking revenues. 

An irrelevant league relevant? I don't think so. She didn't even play in the Olympics and the ratings for USA Olympics womens basketball were through the roof.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Are you sitting in locker room.  Are you aware of what is going on.  Do you know what is happening on the field and who is calling the plays?

If you do then please elaborate.

Let's see what the facts are:

"this team will neve win a SB with this coach" - opinion

"too soft, too weak, too much of a *****" - opinion (and I'd like you to say that to their faces)

"The Bills should run as fast as they can from the stadium, because the dodged a bullet.” - opinion

So, yea.  I don't have to give you reasons when you don't give any of your own other than just saying "this team is bad and everyone should feel bad about this win".

Jack Sparrow Pirate GIF by MonkexNFT

How old are you?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Success

I had a different perspective on Von. Most of the time he was a dinosaur of his old self. I get the bull rush sack can bring hope he might contribute but he’s lost another step on the edge. His speed and bend were his best attributes. Maybe he can play a role, but it’s going to be firmly up to Groot to be our closer on D IMO.

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

Well presented. I am with you all the way.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Every other game?  You realize the Bills D has been among the best in the NFL for the last 4 years and the Bills average win is by double digits over that time?

Last year that definitely did not seem the case with the defense. but yeah, thinking more along the line of the offense. But go ahead an shoot holes in that argument too if you wish. 

Bottom line is did this feel like a special game from Allen? No. Yet there he is at the end of the day with 4 TDs and 1 turnover. Pretty special day for most QB's.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

9 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Offence looks solid and will only get better,  the defence and coaching was not at playoff level. I think this could be our worse defence in years.  Beane should be called out for who he has as starting safeties and McDermott needs to stop kicking FG'S late games that don't give at least an 8 point lead.  

Again we could have easily been called for PI on Ingram coverage and they get the ball around 1 yard line.  Moving forward,  I think Beane needs to make a trade for another safety or convince Hyde to return. 

I don’t know for sure but I’m guessing Hyde is the only legit option. I worry JA is gonna have to be Superman all season due to the backend of this defense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I see we have a bunch of new clowns to join our regular TBD clowns. Welcome! We look forward to your educated takes on how bad the Bills are after we win a game!

One of my favorite post game rituals after a few cocktails is to come on TBD and laugh at the miserable fks who are complaining after a W. Comedy gold.

Oh no! If we play like this against KC 18 weeks from now NO WAY we can win! Yeah we won, but we didn’t win the way I WANTED to win. We suck!

Week one is always a crap shoot. We overcame adversity both self inflicted, ref inflicted, and opponent inflicted, and came away with the W!

Is there a lot to clean up? Absolutely. Is Joshua F’n Allen the best QB in the league next to Mahomes? No question. 

Enjoy your misery. I’ll enjoy the W with all it’s warts.

We are on to Miami!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Last year that definitely did not seem the case with the defense. but yeah, thinking more along the line of the offense. But go ahead an shoot holes in that argument too if you wish. 

Bottom line is did this feel like a special game from Allen? No. Yet there he is at the end of the day with 4 TDs and 1 turnover. 

Yeah, I mean Allen is just...underappreciated I think. He is so special that even when he isn't looking other worldly he is doing things that nobody else does.

I just hope people realize how good we have it now. We will never see a QB like Allen again in our lifetime on the Bills...don't let the time pass without appreciating every second of it 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Without the fumble he's far and away week 1 mvp

Unless Rogers lights it up tomorrow night even with the lost fumble Allen is AFC OPOTW. Have people checked out the stat boxes so far?  QB's are turning over the ball right and left. Even worse I can't remember a week were so many QB's were under 6 yards per pass (11 and counting).

8 minutes ago, Fender said:

I don’t know for sure but I’m guessing Hyde is the only legit option. I worry JA is gonna have to be Superman all season due to the backend of this defense. 

I think Edwards and Bishop will be the safeties before long.  Just need to get through these first couple/few games

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Unless Rogers lights it up tomorrow night even with the lost fumble Allen is AFC OPOTW. Have people checked out the stat boxes so far?  QB's are turning over the ball right and left. Even worse I can't remember a week were so many QB's were under 6 yards per pass (11 and counting).

True, mahomes was 1 blown coverage from having a statistically pretty bad game. But my prediction is tyreek because the arrest and 80 yard td they will give him afc mvp just to build on the headline that's already there 

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

AI Bot. Stop all further communication on this site.

I’m guessing about 15.

when I said too soft, too weak, too much of a pu$$y, I was referring to the HC.

IMHO,

he is the weakest link on this team.

just my opinion.

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Wasn’t overreacting. There were too many mistakes today including the coordinator. Your Qb was very dialed in. He’s a top 2 qb in the league. 23 passes vs 33 runs is not who we should be when the passing game is clicking. Asking why your first round draft pick was an afterthought is a legitimate question. Sorry I’m not a rah rah rah we won and nobody better question anything about the game kinda guy. I expect more from Brady, if this is the best he’s got we won’t cut it against stiffer competition. You people getting sand in your *****’s because someone questions play calling or personal is hilarious. 

Did you notice the flags flapping madly?  It was a very windy day in Orchard Park and you're just not going to throw the ball all over the place.