Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

8 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

This game was rough. The defense is going to be a liability all year. Good on Rousseau to step up but Toohill getting as much playing time as he got is so concerning. 

solomon and smoot were out though.  

• Like (+1) 1

Josh and the offense looked great. Minus torrence who had a long day. Defense looked good against what could be a top 10 offense, cardinals had an elite run game last year. Cook and davis could be something special. Kincaid was a ghost but I think he scores if the ball didn't get batted down.

A few things.

1.  Officials gave AZ at least 4 pts with that pseudo-penalty on Ingram.

2.  Murray's quickness and mobility hurt the D the most.  What other QBs will we play with that trait?

3.  Glad Bass hit his kicks...but STs have some issues.

4.  Oline needs to clean up the penalties.  They are drive stallers.

Considering how little our starters played in the preseason, I expected a sloppy game.  Lots of good though to build on.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Murray played about as well as he could, and we still won.  Not every qb can escape the pressure we put on like Kyler.

week 1, lots of roster turnover, gave up a kick return TD… and we won.

looking forward to week 2

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Ugly too often

Defense is going to be an issue all year. Hopefully Taron is not going to miss any time.

Everyone ate on offense. I hate that Allen had to put his body on the line in week 1.

Hate Brady's play calling too many times. Felt like there were so many opportunities to call a play action but we instead run right into a run blitz.

i hated the amount  of times that 1st down was a zero sum play.   i feel like for having allen as qb we dont open the field up like we should.   

• Agree 2

One of the worst officiating jobs I’ve seen in a long time.  At very least I can’t believe they didn’t make the PI call on the last play.  So many missed/blown calls throughout.  The Bills played pretty poorly and got a win, so I’m happy, but it’s not their fault they got it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

A win’s a win. I’ll take it! Especially for week one.

I thought they got better as the game went along. 

The most important thing that people always forget.

It's not how, it's how many.

If they can steal the game thursday this would be an amazing start and create a lot of good momentum for the locker room.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

Not positive Samuel was open as they thought on TV. Safety was lurking. 

The color commentator had an awful day haha. Seems like a lot of people weren’t looking closely and just took his word for it but that’s probably an int they were baiting josh into 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

One of the worst officiating jobs I’ve seen in a long time.  At very least I can’t believe they didn’t make the PI call on the last play.  So many missed/blown calls throughout.  The Bills played pretty poorly and got a win, so I’m happy, but it’s not their fault they got it.

Honestly compared to some of these other week 1 games the bills and cardinals both looked pretty dialed in.  A lot of these teams look like absolute messes 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

A few things.

1.  Officials gave AZ at least 4 pts with that pseudo-penalty on Ingram.

2.  Murray's quickness and mobility hurt the D the most.  What other QBs will we play with that trait?

3.  Glad Bass hit his kicks...but STs have some issues.

4.  Oline needs to clean up the penalties.  They are drive stallers.

Considering how little our starters played in the preseason, I expected a sloppy game.  Lots of good though to build on.

Sloppy game even for the refs... Run game though there were times meh did pretty well... yeh Torrence had a rough game and Murray was a problem.

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yes Ingram was in on dime looks almost all game.  Or replacing Cam on 3rd downs in nickle.

I think Cards targeted their slot (Dortch) on that final play.  Which was Ingrams man.

Thanks man, I was on the road most of the day. 👍

18 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

It’s going to be ugly when the defense plays against the better offenses.

Maybe but the Cards matchup is a rough one for the way McDermott likes to run defenses. The weakness of zones is the holes it leaves. Big bodied TEs eat and the Cards were rolling out three of them.

It's not a coincidence that the improvement came when Babich switch to more aggressive blitzing and more man coverage in the second half.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1