Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills 1st Half Thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well they needed that. But they are back to using Josh as a battering ram before half time in game 1. 

Some of it is on Josh himself though. He needs to settle down in the pocket. Trust the protection. It has been fine. Stop looking to bail early.

As usual solid and correct post.

he needs to be better short / intermediate passer and decision making 

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

McDermott needs to take the headset from Babich at half time 

That's what I want to see. If the defense can tighten up and the offense score to start the next half this is a winnable game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

McDummy, you idiot!!  Imagine if you had 1:04 more, you could make the Cards play ball and maybe triple dip.  Inexplicable bad management of the game clock.

When we haven't stopped them 1x in the single half, I'd call it masterful to get a double dip and tie this on 1st drive in 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

SO let me get this straight... It took till the end of the second to start letting JA throw the ball?  What is Joe Brady DOING!

The offense is fine.  It's the D that's been the problem

• Agree 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

McDummy, you idiot!!  Imagine if you had 1:04 more, you could make the Cards play ball and maybe triple dip.  Inexplicable bad management of the game clock.

Nope. This Babich defense would have let them march down and score a TD. McD was right to keep them off the field until AFTER the next possession.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Joe Brady?

He’s calling them. Josh just isn’t throwing them. Was locked on Kincaid when he slipped under shakirs post and had Coleman dragging the end zone on the first one he ran that was called back. Trust isn’t there. I’ll take the tds wherever we can get them at this point 

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

SO let me get this straight... It took till the end of the second to start letting JA throw the ball?  What is Joe Brady DOING!

They were running the ball really well with Cook

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well they needed that. But they are back to using Josh as a battering ram before half time in game 1. 

Some of it is on Josh himself though. He needs to settle down in the pocket. Trust the protection. It has been fine. Stop looking to bail early.

It also seems as if they don’t trust Cook in the redzone. They use Cook endlessly until it actually matters. Then it’s time for Allen to run guys over. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

With this D performance? Nine times out of 10, they would have gone 24-10 up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

I’m not worried about the offence. They’ve scored on 2 of 3 drives and should have scored on the other one if it wasn’t for the bad fumble. 

The issue is the defence. And the fact they’ve given up points on EVERY drive and only had the offence get 3 total drives in a half. 

They’ve def been bad and it’s a concern going forward for sure but I think a small part of it is we’re underrating the cardinals offense a tiny bit.  It feels like a bad offense is marching up and down the field on us but the cardinals problems are all on the defensive side 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan