Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills 1st Half Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Sandhill Mike said:

I don't think we have any easy games on the schedule, personally.  Just tough and tougher.  We've got some pieces but I think we're talent-poor by comparison these days, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

We are talent poor and you are right about the schedule but there is talent on this D.

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

A single trade will not change this team’s fortunes this year. 

We need a far larger infusion of talent than that. 

Apparently having 60 million tied up in dead cap space makes it hard to be competitive.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

not even halftime and the board is near melt down.  I'm not happy with the score but I'm not firing everybody after 2 quarters. 

Come on now

You like what you are seeing. What's your hot take?

not even halftime and the board is near melt down.  I'm not happy with the score but I'm not firing everybody after 2 quarters. 

Come on now

It's not the 2 quarters, its the 6+ seasons of the same crap.  Our HC is a major major liability.  Period

This defense is not good.  They are getting pushed off the line, there is no pass rush, they are losing contain, and the safeties have not been good.  All the stuff we feared could happen to make the defense worse, to this point, has happened.  Obviously, the refs have been terrible which hasn't helped either.

On offense, it's been a mixed bag.  Cook has looked great.  The line is blocking well.  We have moved the ball, but self inflicted wounds have taken a bunch of points off the board.  Allen should have gotten rid of the ball on the fumble, but he should also have a TD on the board.  But, quite honestly, it seems like we haven't had the ball long enough to really make too many determinations about how things are going.  There's plenty of football left to turn this around, but man, we need to start doing that now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, VW82 said:

If we score here we can get it back to one score at the half, and then we get the ball to start the 2nd. Let's not overreact yet.

Even if the Bills just can get a field goal and keep AZ off the field the rest of the first half they are down 11 with the ball to start a whole half. But man do they need some points on this drive, defense also needs a rest. 

• Agree 1

Come on now

Getting carved up by our easiest opponent this year doesnt bode well for our season.   Nothing has changed with this team.  Just more of the same