Around the NFL Week 1

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Absolutely hilarious watching Baker Mayfield completely turn his career around while his replacement the massage weirdo plays at barely backup level.

...and he's picked.

Cleveland fans have to be just beat down into dust.

• Sad 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

...and he's picked.

Cleveland fans have to be just beat down into dust.

I almost feel bad for them but I have friends who are Browns fans who are constantly defending Watson. I get the delusion. But it’s sad. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

We lost about 1/3 of our entrants.  I have 2 entries & had the Bills & Bears & was down 14 & 17 points early & pulled out both games. I also had a bet on the Bears -4 & it was looking very bleak at 17-0, but the D & special teams came through for the Bears, although the throw on the pick 6 by Levis was a boneheaded play.  The game got turned around by Simone Biles' husband on special teams.  

We were about 40% Cincy, including me. I figured I'd still get to use Bills vs. Titans. I figured wrong.

Love it when athletes get together. Hope they make lots of babies and we get to watch them in 20 years. 

Watching Football Night in America highlights of our game they went out of their way to highlight the roughing penalty called on Josh Allen that kept our scoring drive alive. Said that call changed the entire game. Lmfao. 

I don’t know what’s up with the media and the Josh Allen turnover narrative and highlighting garbage like this but the national narratives around this team are nauseating. 

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Odds have to be high that Daboll is gonna be the first coach to get axed. 

I'm confused what they're actual plan was for the Giants they never really seemed to actually rebuild anything. Whether Daboll could coach or not it's like he's trying to drag the same anchor that couldn't do it before.

• Agree 1

Just now, bobobonators said:

Watching Football Night in America highlights of our game they went out of their way to highlight the roughing penalty called on Josh Allen that kept our scoring drive alive. Said that call changed the entire game. Lmfao. 

I don’t know what’s up with the media and the Josh Allen turnover narrative and highlighting garbage like this but the national narratives around this team are nauseating. 

What about the sham roughing call that gave the Cardinals a 1st down on a would-be stop?

14 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Not only is Deshaun Watson terrible now, he is also impossible to cut.

It is exactly what Haslam deserves for first trading for the bum, then handing him $230M gtd. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nelius said:

You kind of deserve what you get if you’re willing to throw that much money at scum like Watson. No sympathy, revel in it 

Put all the off field stuff aside, it's stupid to pay a guy that much money that hadn't even played for a year, let alone for a completely different team. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Apparently they forgot the first quarter and the phantom hit on Murray that kept the Cardinals drive going. Their show is loaded with toolbags and wannabes 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Is Burrow really on Josh's level?

I've seen him have great games.  But he has more games where it seems like he disappears.  I didn't see the Pats game, but that's a rough week 1 loss.

I mean even if he's better than he's recently been, no, he'd be a great thrower of the ball, but Josh can do two things Burrow can do 1. 🤷‍♂️ Not taking away how well he has played but the guys he's had to throw to has been pretty ridiculous as well.