Around the NFL Week 1

HappyDays

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Speaking of QB's having a rough day .......... Bo Nix is having one hell of a debut in Denver.  Sean Payton seems to be like Belichick without Brady.

Are you saying Bo is playing well? 

Usually when someone says “having one hell of “ it’s a positive 

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Didn’t the Browns have like the best oline in football last year? Micah Parsons seems to be bouncing around just picking what guy he wants to beat like a drum. 

Micah is probably the best pass rushers in the game. Maybe behind Garrett.

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Speaking of QB's having a rough day .......... Bo Nix is having one hell of a debut in Denver.  Sean Payton seems to be like Belichick without Brady.

Atleast Belichick had good defenses; Payton just isn't great. Honestly: Russ didn't have that bad of a year last year but those schemes were terribad (and dated)

13 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Is Deshaun Watson the most hated player in the NFL?  This is the only context I’m happy to see the Cowboys dominate.  This is FUN.

It is kind of funny that DeShaun is so hated because he’s a sex pest. But Tyreek who’s a convicted wife beater and may have broken a toddler’s arm gets celebrated by the league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, balln said:

Are you saying Bo is playing well? 

Usually when someone says “having one hell of “ it’s a positive 

That is why I said speaking of having a rough day, figured that lead in to the sarcasm would work.  In short it was sarcasm.  I figured the 28 passes and 75 yards would speak for itself.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

That is why I said speaking of having a rough day, figured that lead in to the sarcasm would work.  In short it was sarcasm.  I figured the 28 passes and 75 yards would speak for itself.

Ah yes- haven’t been watching or following until just now 

Just now, Maine-iac said:

Holy cow. What is the record for lowest YPA? Hard to imagine being under 3 ypa with nearly 30 attempts and counting. So much for the Bo Nix hype. Example 1,354 that preseason tells us nothing. 

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Raiders had 4th and 1 at the opposite 43, down 6 with 7 minutes left, and elected to punt... I thought head coaches like that were left in the previous decade but I guess Antonio Pierce is the lone holdover. What a loser.

The Chargers predictably marched down the field with zero resistance and scored a TD.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Holy cow. What is the record for lowest YPA? Hard to imagine being under 3 ypa with nearly 30 attempts and counting. So much for the Bo Nix hype. Example 1,354 that preseason tells us nothing. 

I'm not doing the math but I think he might be avearging more per rush than he is per pass :lol:

and he's averaging 2.7 yards per carry.

Edited by Maine-iac