Around the NFL Week 1

HappyDays

1 minute ago, Success said:

Is Burrow really on Josh's level?

I've seen him have great games.  But he has more games where it seems like he disappears.  I didn't see the Pats game, but that's a rough week 1 loss.

Not even close.

Just look at the playoffs.

The only QB on Josh's level is Mahomes and if he didn't have Reid and Chris Jones making clutch plays on D virtually every playoff game late to preserve victories, probably wouldn't have 3 SBs.

Mahomes is great no doubt about it. But I think Allen is his equal, he just doesn't get the help Mahomes has gotten from his D in the playoffs. If anything Allen gets shafted by both the D and ST.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I've seen him have great games.  But he has more games where it seems like he disappears.  I didn't see the Pats game, but that's a rough week 1 loss.

He’s always bad to start the year and then (as long as he’s not hurt) he’s good down the stretch/playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s always bad to start the year and then (as long as he’s not hurt) he’s good down the stretch/playoffs.

Burrow is average in the playoffs. His D and ST helps him a lot.

Edited by Big Turk

No. There is Josh Allen and Mahomes and then everyone else. Bears are hoping Williams can get on the Allen and Mahomes level. We will see. They have a lot of talent at the skill posiiton in Chicago. Caleb's rookie season could be what we would have seen from Mahomes if he had played his rookie year. 

In an alternate universe I would love to see Mahomes in Buffalo with McD and Allen is KC with Reid and Kelce just to see the predictable results. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

At this point, the Browns have no option but to pull Watson and put Winston in. Eat the money. He’s completely cooked. Rattled. A joke. 

DeShaun Watson is trash and has been nothing but below average since he has been with the Browns.

Not sure which is worse...his trade or the Russ Wilson trade for the Broncos...both will go down as hugely horrible trades 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

I might watch the Cowboys/Browns just to harshly judge Brady's color commentary

So far Brady has been a JAG in the booth. 

Like him or not, Romo set a really high bar. 

Don't see Brady getting anywhere close. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PonyBoy said:

So far Brady has been a JAG in the booth. 

Like him or not, Romo set a really high bar. 

Don't see Brady getting anywhere close. 

Olsen was the best of the bunch...

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Incorrectly colored Michigan helmet, Montreal Canadian jerseys and khakis?  What could go wrong?

Those were throwbacks...when their was no TV and when it came, it was black and white.