Around the NFL Week 1

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

No. There is Josh Allen and Mahomes and then everyone else. Bears are hoping Williams can get on the Allen and Mahomes level. We will see. They have a lot of talent at the skill posiiton in Chicago. Caleb's rookie season could be what we would have seen from Mahomes if he had played his rookie year. 

In an alternate universe I would love to see Mahomes in Buffalo with McD and Allen is KC with Reid and Kelce just to see the predictable results. 

Herbert seemed like someone that could have gotten there, but the Chargers have dicked around with him so much never putting anything good around him or having a decent coach that I'm not sure they haven't ruined his chances.

Texans kid seems like he's got a shot of getting in the ballpark.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

When they told Watson not to do anything this probably isn't what they meant.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Herbert seemed like someone that could have gotten there, but the Chargers have dicked around with him so much never putting anything good around him or having a decent coach that I'm not sure they haven't ruined his chances.

Texans kid seems like he's got a shot of getting in the ballpark.

When they told Watson not to do anything this probably isn't what they meant.

It’s early, but Caleb Williams looked absolutely awful today, despite the talent all around him.  

58 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

Imagine being a Browns fan and the feeling of being stuck with Watson while watching Mayfield lighting it up with the Bucs.

Feel bad for the fans, the ownership is gross.

47 minutes ago, Special K said:

I'm tired of hearing the talking heads say: "Oh, I bet Bills fans were missing Diggs today." because he caught 2 TD's for the Texans.

The Bills won and put up 34 points without him and his crappy attitude.....don't miss him, don't care what he does on the Texans.

Yeah Diggs started out hot here last season too, then he was Siberia in Winter.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Brady is so rigid and attempting to be perfect 

He needs to relax and have fun 

Watson is so bad.

It is Brady's first game, wouldn't be surprised if he improved, he's not the worst in commercials.

Rookie QB stats in their debuts:

Caleb Williams: 14/29 for 93 yards, 0 TD's, 0 INT's; 55.7 Rating

Jayden Daniels: 17/24 for 184 yards, 0 TD's, 0 INT's; 88 Rushing yards and 2 rushing touchdowns, 93.1 Rating

Bo Nix: 26/42 for 138 yards, 0 TD's, 2 INT's, 1 rush TD; 47.5 Rating

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Browns would be legit super contenders with a good QB. Someone like Baker Mayfield would put this team in the top echelon of the AFC

3 hours ago, ryguy101 said:

Rookie QB stats in their debuts:

Caleb Williams: 14/29 for 93 yards, 0 TD's, 0 INT's; 55.7 Rating

Jayden Daniels: 17/24 for 184 yards, 0 TD's, 0 INT's; 88 Rushing yards and 2 rushing touchdowns, 93.1 Rating

Bo Nix: 26/42 for 138 yards, 0 TD's, 2 INT's, 1 rush TD; 47.5 Rating

Home Alone Kevin GIF

7 hours ago, Malazan said:

He's done. It was an insane move to begin with and he just looks worse and worse every year.

Browns improved when they hired Van Pelt who worked with and rebuilt Baker, Browns got rid of Van Pelt, Browns brought in serial groper, got rid of Baker and Browns team has nose dived.  The serial groper already was on way out at Houston and they got a barrel of picks for him because multiple teams bid for him ignoring his issues.  Highest bidder lost and will ruin franchise for years.

What does Browns stand for? What the bottom of sole looks like when walking through manure.

8 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Cowgirls look tough, D was impressive 

They have been underrated in the offseason IMO. They still have a very good Quarterback, an elite receiver, a solid oline and 3 or 4 playmakers on defense. Are they short of weapons around Lamb? Yea, they are. But as long as he is healthy they are a legit team. 

It’s as if society at large is finally waking up to the Deshaun Watson contract. I’ve said before that I’m surprised that Haslem wasn’t forced by the owners to sell his team after that contract. I didn’t know at the time that his professional life was going to mirror the carnage of his personal life. The injury last year seemed to delay the reality for Browns fans. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1