Tyreek Hill apparently arrested this morning…

stevestojan

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Just read his car is a McClaren 720.  wouldn't have been much of a chase given his reflexes and that car's speed.  Glad he didn't make it into one.  I read the charge was reckless driving too.

Which is a criminal offense. So, yeah, being rude could make the difference between signing an appearance ticket (and pinky swearing you’ll show up to court) and handcuffs. 

4 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Which is a criminal offense. So, yeah, being rude could make the difference between signing an appearance ticket (and pinky swearing you’ll show up to court) and handcuffs. 

The handcuffs may have been warranted.  I think we need more detail about the alleged crime and the arrest

Scheffler was also handcuffed.  The case was dropped quickly.  Story died quickly..  We'll see what happens here.

The cop will likely get disciplined, he was a bit excessive sure, but Hill was not innocent either. Keeping your window down and hands in sight is for the cop's safety. They don't know what you are doing in there. Possibly getting a weapon or getting ready to drive away. It would be a good opportunity to use this to show how both sides should have acted so people learn rather than both sides pointing fingers and causing more of a rift 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, K D said:

The cop will likely get disciplined, he was a bit excessive sure, but Hill was not innocent either. Keeping your window down and hands in sight is for the cop's safety. They don't know what you are doing in there. Possibly getting a weapon or getting ready to drive away. It would be a good opportunity to use this to show how both sides should have acted so people learn rather than both sides pointing fingers and causing more of a rift 

I watched the body cam first 4 minutes and agree. 

16 minutes ago, K D said:

Agree. I just watched the footage.  Cops were kinda ***** but you dont roll up your window on a traffic stop. Thats just common sense.

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

He rolled up a darkly tinted window. The officer was understandably concerned about that. No way to see if he was grabbing a weapon. Extremely stupid move by Hill.  He deserved to be dragged out of the car and arrested. 

Does Florida have rules on darkly tinted windows?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/8/2024 at 7:58 PM, ryguy101 said:

one of the officers involved in the incident has been placed on administrative duties pending internal investigation

Full bodycam is out…internal investigation is gonna clear him I’d imagine.  That’s pretty standard procedure in a high profile incident like that.  I don’t think tyreek is gonna get much sympathy from anyone that sees the video lol he’s an absolute scumbag and on top of that went to roll up his tinted window during the stop which is a big safety issue.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Does Florida have rules on darkly tinted windows?

28%

Your front side windows must have a VLT of at least 28%. Your back-side windows must have a VLT of at least 15%, and your rear window must also have a 15% VLT.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

I am sure when laywer explained that if he did not play he would not get paid and hence he would not pay income tax to Jacksonville it was quickly decided to release him and handle issue later.

No income tax in Florida

Game was played in Miami

Jacksonville is not the Capitol

Any other theories?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Is there any footage of what Hill did to get pulled over? Hearing he was going over 100 mph in a 45 zone. (Seeking source for truth) No cop is just going to give you a citation in that situation. You’re going to jail. Certainly could have been handled better but Hill did himself no favors. However, no cop is going to be nice if you were driving 60 mph over the limit.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Is there any footage of what Hill did to get pulled over? Hearing he was going over 100 mph in a 45 zone. (Seeking source for truth) No cop is just going to give you a citation in that situation. You’re going to jail. Certainly could have been handled better but Hill did himself no favors. However, no cop is going to be nice if you were driving 60 mph over the limit.

And then yelled at him for daring to knock on your tinted closed window.  It’s not like the cop has a family to worry about or anything.  He should know you’re just on the phone and wait his turn to talk to you.  It’s not even remotely possible you have a gun or anything.  What a paranoid jerk.

• Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I saw a quick clip and he was definitely moving way faster than the other traffic in the area.

23 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Don’t watch if you’re squeamish.  It’s pretty horrific behavior.

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

The police gave him illegal commands to roll down his window,

I am guessing that the command to roll down his tinted window so that he was visible to the officer was not illegal.

Both parties were asshats, imo.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, K D said:

Yeah, from a cops point of view you pull someone over they keep the window rolled down, especially if it is tinted that dark.  The moment that the window is rolled back up I would order them to roll it down. It only has to be rolled up for 2 seconds where you can't see what they are doing inside the car to give them enough time to grab a weapon.

The cops were aggressive, I'll say that, but I would not, for one second, blame the cops for wanting him out of the car when he rolls up a dark tinted window and won't roll it back down immediately when they ask.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MphsBillsfan said:

How hard is it to comply?  If he had an issue with the officer deal with it later.  

Crying for his agent shows entitled he thinks he is.

And others have said, it appears he rolled up the window because he wanted to call his agent right away and reached for his phone.

Suppose the cops could see a TINY bit though all that tint....its likely they couldn't see he was reaching for, or using a phone, but they COULD see he was reaching for something.

From Hill's point of view, hes 'too dumb' to think from anyone else's point of view other than his own.  He thinks 'all he did' was reach for his phone, but from the officers point of view, Officers have been shot when someone inside a car reaches for a gun that they can't see. It has happened.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1