Tyreek Hill apparently arrested this morning…

stevestojan

1 hour ago, Savage said:

Sounds great until subject rolls up his tinted window, and you have no idea what is happening behind said tinted window.

The tinted window really was the key in this whole thing. Officer probably couldn’t get eyes on him. That’s a safety risk. So either he rolls down the window (which he refused to do), or gets out of the car.  

once outside of the car, I think one can make the argument that the cuffing and was unnecessary. But maybe not, if the officers thought he was a flight risk or if that is their protocol when they remove someone from the car. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Tyreek Hill did some stupid stuff and then the cops did some stupid stuff. The clowns on TV are trying to make him out like some kind of victim of completely unprompted police brutality. He's not George Floyd. He didn't die. He was put in handcuffs. He was then unhandcuffed and went to the stadium driving the same Lambo to play a sport he gets $30M+ per year to play. People are idiots. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Kind of a duh here, so not sure why there is any uproar or controversy.

Hill should have complied with the officers and rolled down his window.  End of story.

He could have a weapon on him and has no right to just do what he wants in that situation.

Other details may emerge that cause me to change my mind, but this is on Hill, not the cops.  He is just an NFL player, not a former president--so the law applies to him, just like it does to all of us.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Agree 3

43 minutes ago, Savage said:

Zero assumptions.

my safety is always priority # 1.

if I’m not safe, I can’t keep others safe.

All the officer had to do was proceed to his vehicle once Hill handed him the required docs. Hill even told the officer give me the ticket so I can go.

The window rolled up shouldn't have been a safety issue whatsoever. It became an issue because the officer created the safety. He had every opportunity to proceed to his patrol vehicle. This action would have deescalated the situation immediately. The officer was itching for a confrontation. He escalated the situation without a doubt. This was never about officer safety. I firmly believe that. That the ultimate out for the officers which is difficult to combat. IMHO, this was about the officers wielding their authority. There words and actions absolutely support this thesis. Their tactics in approaching the window was anything but tactical. It was two police thugs getting revenge and a disrespectful thug. 

Not to mention the officer who grabs a cuffed Hill around the neck with being restrained by another officer. 

Come man. This who incident smells like shi! and that includes the police behavior and actions. I hope you don't act in a similar fashion while in duty. 

57 minutes ago, Savage said:

Zero assumptions.

my safety is always priority # 1.

if I’m not safe, I can’t keep others safe.

Your safety always sound be your number one priority. IMHO, that's not what happened in the Hill incident. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Simon said:

I would not lump Campbell or the other player in with Hill in any way.

They were co-operative and respectful (frankly, they were more respectful than the one officer that was trying to escalate things with Smith) and I do not blame them for trying to make sure their teammate did not suffer the type of consequences that we've seen other guys receive for DWB.

I’d disagree because you don’t linger and argue with officers in that situation.  I agree the one officer was giving conflicting information. 

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

People don’t seem to understand that we have a societal compact. As citizens, we’ve agreed to cede over confrontational authority to the police in a trade for taking the law into our own hands. For our part in this trade we’re expected to treat the police with some level of respect and compliance. Period! 

Did you watch the body cam video?!?! I just did…that police officer was completely out of line and should not be responsible for keeping people safe, that was not at all ok. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would recommend that every single police officer resign and find something else to do. If you need to continue being an officer, I would also recommend every single police officer that engages someone acting like Hill from the jump, to let them go and return to your vehicle. 

It's just way too hard to remain in total control of your emotions.  Some can but it's extremely difficult and I wouldn't want to be in that position.  With much respect to those that choose it, It's an awful job.  

It may never happen to you but it might and then you're on the news.  

We're too divided for this ever to be a job anyone should take.  

• Vomit 2

posters keep using reckless and careless driving as if they are the same.  They are not:

"Under Florida Statute, careless driving is considered a civil offense while reckless driving is considered a criminal offense."

In addition, reckless driving includes the intent to do harm.  Hill was charged with careless driving and failure to wear a seat belt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Savage said:

I wouldn’t want to do my job in your country.

It’s a very violent society.

most have little, to no respect for law and order.

I vacation in south florida often.

quite the culture shock for most.

I'm glad you don't because your thinking is flawed and dangerous. 

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The tinted window really was the key in this whole thing. Officer probably couldn’t get eyes on him. That’s a safety risk. So either he rolls down the window (which he refused to do), or gets out of the car.  

once outside of the car, I think one can make the argument that the cuffing and was unnecessary. But maybe not, if the officers thought he was a flight risk or if that is their protocol when they remove someone from the car. 

Watch the video. Hill rolled down the window and the two officers were looking into the car yelling at Hill. Then they opened the door and yanked him out. They weren't going to play that game was one of the officers said. 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I’d disagree because you don’t linger and argue with officers in that situation.  I agree the one officer was giving conflicting information. 

He wasn't arguing with the police. He was trying to explain himself and the officer wasn't hearing it. 

2 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Did you watch the body cam video?!?! I just did…that police officer was completely out of line and should not be responsible for keeping people safe, that was not at all ok. 

Amazes me that so many are defending the police officers conduct, actions, and decisions. It was a failure from the jump. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Savage said:

I wouldn’t want to do my job in your country.

It’s a very violent society.

most have little, to no respect for law and order.

I vacation in south florida often.

quite the culture shock for most.

What does Savage mean in your country?

5 hours ago, White Linen said:

We're too divided for this ever to be a job anyone should take.  

It pays pretty well and usually doesn't require a college degree.  It will always be in high demand.

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm glad you don't because your thinking is flawed and dangerous. 

Watch the video. Hill rolled down the window and the two officers were looking into the car yelling at Hill. Then they opened the door and yanked him out. They weren't going to play that game was one of the officers said. 

I did watch the video. He rolled the window back up. And then refused to keep it down. It was objectively reasonable for them to order him out of the car at that point given the window tint. We also don’t know if he was making any furtive movements in the car. That would also be more support for them to order him out of the car.

again, I don’t know what their thinking was on cuffing him. But ordering him out was reasonable. 

10 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

My point still stands and nowhere in my comments did I defend the police officer. If you don’t understand the basic ‘trade’ we made as a society I’m not sure what to tell you. It’s a really simple concept, and I don’t know if there’s a single organized society on the planet that hasn’t made this exact same trade.