Tyreek Hill apparently arrested this morning…

stevestojan

16 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Step one - roll window down 

step two - don’t be an a hole 

step three - take your ticket and drive away 

hill did not follow any of these steps

Care to critique the police officers? I mean if we are playing the blame game don't they have to be included too? How bout this?

Step one - police requests proper docs like drivers license and registration.

Step two - police go to your vehicle do your mandatory checks and write appropriate citations. 

Step 3 - walk back to Hill's vehicle and give him the citations.

How does that sound? 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I would not lump Campbell or the other player in with Hill in any way.

They were co-operative and respectful (frankly, they were more respectful than the one officer that was trying to escalate things with Smith) and I do not blame them for trying to make sure their teammate did not suffer the type of consequences that we've seen other guys receive for DWB.

Campbell and the “ other player “, had no business there.

that was a perfect example of how things can go real bad, real fast.

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Savage said:

These guys have seen enough black men getting the dogsnot kicked out of them by a minority of bad cops that I have zero problem with them staying at a reasonable distance and doing as much filming or witnessing as they damned well please.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Care to critique the police officers? I mean if we are playing the blame game don't they have to be included too? How bout this?

Step two - police go to your vehicle do your mandatory checks and write appropriate citations. 

How does that sound? 

Step one- he knocked on the window to do exactly what you prescribed.  Hill berated him…..for smudging the glass I guess.  Then rolled his window back up.  

Step 2 - unable to do because Hill did not comply….he just started yelling.

Step 3 - See step 2

I will say that when the cop said “on second thought get out of the car right now” or something similar, then they pulled Hill out of the car…..that seemed abrupt to me as the officers, at that point, could see Hill.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

These guys have seen enough black men getting the dogsnot kicked out of them by a minority of bad cops that I have zero problem with them staying close and doing as much filming or witnessing as they want.

Comes down to politics, beliefs, prejudices and demographics I guess.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Savage said:

Comes down to politics, beliefs, prejudices and demographics I guess.

As long as they stay at a respectful distance and comply with officers' lawful requests, which they did, nobody from any demographic or belief system should have any problem with it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Savage said:

They have every right to be there. It's a public street and they have every right to observe so long as they don't interfere or break the law. 

I wouldn’t want to do my job in your country.

It’s a very violent society.

most have little, to no respect for law and order.

I vacation in south florida often.

quite the culture shock for most.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Step one- he knocked on the window to do exactly what you prescribed.  Hill berated him…..for smudging the glass I guess.  Then rolled his window back up.  

Step 3 - See step 2

I will say that when the cop said “on second thought get out of the car right now” or something similar, then they pulled Hill out of the car…..that seemed abrupt to me as the officers, at that point, could see Hill.

Step 2 didn't happen because the police officer choose to engage Hill over his window. It's really that simple. The officer had every opportunity to go back to his vehicle and conduct business as usual. The window up at that point could have been viewed as a nothing burger by a reasonable police officer. I could definitely see a police officer walking away from the car and conducting his checks and writing tickets. Not sure why you can't see that as a reasonable option. It would have deescalated the situation as well. 

• Disagree 2

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

As long as they stay at a respectful distance and comply with officers' lawful requests, which they did, nobody from any demographic or belief system should have any problem with it.

When you’re detaining one person, and another one is walking around you, he’s going to get what’s coming to him if he’s too stupid to stay far away.

once the situation is under control, he can voice his opinion all he wants, just stay away until the situation is secured.

like I said, 

that’s how things go real bad, real fast, for all involved.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Savage said:

When you’re detaining one person, and another one is walking around you, he’s going to get what’s coming to him if he’s too stupid to stay far away.

once the situation is under control, he can voice his opinion all he wants, just stay away until the situation is secured.

like I said, 

that’s how things go real bad, real fast, for all involved.

If they're walking around close to you or behind you and don't back off the instant you tell them to and then stay back, then they're going to get what they deserve and I have no problem with that because you 100% have the right to protect yourself and go home in one piece.

But those two dudes kept their distance, complied with directives and made no attempts to interfere or get too close.

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

If they're walking around close to you or behind you and don't back off the instant you tell them to and then stay back, then they're going to get what they deserve and I have no problem with that because you 100% have the right to protect yourself and go home in one piece.

But those two dudes kept their distance, complied with directives and made no attempts to interfere or get too close.

Watch the video again.

Just now, Savage said:

Watch the video again.

Anyway,

the result was uneventful, and that’s all that matters.

The cop who lost his patience and grabbed Tyreek is being vilified as being overly aggressive (i get it) while Tyreek is being made out to be a victim of police abuse (i don’t get it).

It does not sound like Hill was pulled over for “being black” .  More like driving recklessly and a high rate of speed for that particular zone.

Look, cops have been told in recent years to stand there and take the verbal abuse, thrown bottles, allow protestors to spit in your face, don’t react. It’s tough, we’re all human.  All Tyreek had to do was roll down his window, say my bad… i was rushing to the game, take the citation, and move on.  If he wants to fight it, one call to his lawyer later on and it’s handled.

I don’t think Tyreek is some wonderful, misunderstood guy.  Maybe i’ll be wrong but when his playing career ends, i think he will make the news occasionally for all the wrong reasons.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

They have every right to be there. It's a public street and they have every right to observe so long as they don't interfere or break the law. 

Only thing I question here is whether they had the right to park their car on a public street. Seems doubtful but I don't know the area.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He spent his last half million on the McLaren, now he can’t afford the $300 speeding ticket or a sleeved shirt. 

46 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

How does that sound? 

Sounds great until subject rolls up his tinted window, and you have no idea what is happening behind said tinted window.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

And careless driving is a moving violation, not a criminal act.

or he could've pushed those 700 horses half throttle for 5 secs and reached 60 mph.  foot could've slipped.  or he misjudged.  or he was purposefully going 60.  any of these are possible.

Yup. I think reckless/careless is a major moving violation. 

Yeah... That ride could have got away from him. He did bemoan running late though.

Just now, Savage said:

Sounds great until subject rolls up his tinted window, and you have no idea what is happening behind said tinted window.

Calling his agent Drew Rosenhaus like the little B-Word he is. Be a man, stand tall.  Next thing you know, he's on the ground saying: "Drew, Drew..." 

Then... Victimize his knee surgery.  I WONDER if he does that on the field? "Watch the knee, watch the knee."

Not a good look.

Like another poster said. Try that on Abbott Road @ 1000 on game day. Zipping around in a McLaren. Cops of coursed were miffed. Any pedestrian taking their life in their hands walking around near the clown as he drives would want him tuned up AND they really didn't even do that. They  immobilized him. 

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No there's not.

We're talking 3 seconds.

Get hit at 10 mph and come back & talk to me.😆

Hope you get a good body cast.

GettyImages-89369815-56a6d9f55f9b58b7d0e

The ***** are you talking about.  I'm not dismissing the dangers of speeding at any speed.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Step 3 - See step 2

Any comments on the officer who grabs a cuffed Hill by the throat when he is being restrained by a fellow officer?  Then he berated him by asking him if he had surgery on his ears. 

Does that qualify as a great job by the police? 

54 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Only thing I question here is whether they had the right to park their car on a public street. Seems doubtful but I don't know the area.

I don't know the street and the parking situation. If he's parked illegal or it's a danger to the public the officer had every right to get that vehicle moved or towed.