Tyreek Hill apparently arrested this morning…

stevestojan

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

exactly.  Hill is acting like an entitled spoiled rich kid, as are Campbell and others. You don’t roll up onto an active police scene after you were told to leave.  It’s more dangerous for the officers and everyone involved.  Only spoiled morons who never dealt worth consequences would think otherwise.  

I would not lump Campbell or the other player in with Hill in any way.

They were co-operative and respectful (frankly, they were more respectful than the one officer that was trying to escalate things with Smith) and I do not blame them for trying to make sure their teammate did not suffer the type of consequences that we've seen other guys receive for DWB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

OK,  the report stated a 'visual estimate of 60mph'.

So all of you going on about Hill going 100 mph over the speed limit are full of it. Nothing you add to this thread should be taken seriously. 

I've been to HardRock lots of time. That's by the pedestrian bridge where he was pulled over. That's like a 30mph area.

What does it matter? He's going twice the speed limit. I don't think you wanna get hit at 10mph while coming off that pedestrian crossing!

That's reckless. What if he crashed into that structure at a high rate of speed? Will it hold up like other great Florida building projects?

University_Bridge_Collapse.1.jpg

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It starts with thinking you are better than everyone else and you have the right to play speed racer in heavy traffic.   At least a couple times a year some NFL player runs over some innocent people driving like a clown.   Everyone is lucky this story didn't have that in it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I've been to HardRock lots of time. That's by the pedestrian bridge where he was pulled over. That's like a 30mph area.

What does it matter? He's going twice the speed limit. I don't think you wanna get hit at 10mph while coming off that pedestrian crossing!

That's reckless. What if he crashed into that structure at a high rate of speed? Will it hold up like other great Florida building projects?

Imagine someone going 60 and driving reckless at 10:00 AM down Abbott Rd on game day. The context of being reckless changes a lot when there's game day traffic and pedestrians all over the place, even when it's not that high above the posted speed limit.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The updated audio and video shows Reek combative right out of the gate. All his dumb ass had to do is roll down his tinted windows and keep them down. And yes the other officer was overly aggressive.  It's one guy on a power trip going at it with another guy on a power trip.  60 in a 30 is reckless driving. 

Now if the NFL wants to ignore how this is morally wrong as he could easily have injured someone,  then let them set up a pay per view of Reek racing Rice.....Hunger games style, "may the odds be with you"....

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

His 1/2 million $$$ McLaren reaches 0-60 in 2.8 seconds!

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/how-fast-tyreek-hill-police-citation-speed-traffic-stop/ea8855d995668a0199054533

I walked that stretch under a dozen times:

"...Hill was cited for careless driving and for a safety belt violation.

The citation does not include anything about Hill driving at an unlawful speed, and there is no speed measurement device listed on the citation. While the citation includes a number of boxes of potential citations, careless driving and safety belt violation are the only two checked.

The visual estimation of 60 miles per hour was included, as well as a note that Hill was not wearing a seatbelt and that there was a high traffic of pedestrians and other vehicles..."

Damn tootin' the cops were po'd after he got cute with the windows!

They gotta ask themselves: "Is this guy gonna punch the gas pedal & be gone in 2.8 secs and up to 60 mph. Get cute. Immobilize the mutha-phu... **!

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

His agent was on Dan Lebatrd Show today and made it sound like they beat the crap out of him.

Yup. On CNN w/Caitlin Collins last night. Wife just shook her head. Both him an Drew on the show.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Can't sit on the ground, but drives a Lamborghini ................ am I right?

McLaren. DON'T disrespect his ride bruh! LoL...

24 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It doesn't matter as far as being dangerous,  no argument there.  But when people lie or exaggerate to make their point,  they need to be called out. In the discussion portion of the incident,  there is a huge difference between 60mph and 130mph. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

It doesn't matter as far as being dangerous,  no argument there.  But when people lie or exaggerate to make their point,  they need to be called out. In the discussion portion of the incident,  there is a huge difference between 60mph and 130mph. 

No there's not.

We're talking 3 seconds.

Get hit at 10 mph and come back & talk to me.😆

Hope you get a good body cast.

GettyImages-89369815-56a6d9f55f9b58b7d0e

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

13 minutes ago, klos63 said:

And careless driving is a moving violation, not a criminal act.

18 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They gotta ask themselves: "Is this guy gonna punch the gas pedal & be gone in 2.8 secs and up to 60 mph. Get cute. Immobilize the mutha-phu... **!

or he could've pushed those 700 horses half throttle for 5 secs and reached 60 mph.  foot could've slipped.  or he misjudged.  or he was purposefully going 60.  any of these are possible.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

And careless driving is a moving violation, not a criminal act.

Not according to lawyers.com.  Reckless driving is a misdemeanor.  I mean maybe not in Florida.  Where I live you stand a good chance of going to jail with reckless driving or 30 over.

https://legal-info.lawyers.com/criminal/traffic-violations/can-a-speeding-ticket-be-a-misdemeanor-or-felony.html

Edited by Maine-iac

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Not according to lawyers.com.  Reckless driving is a misdemeanor.  I mean maybe not in Florida.  Where I live you stand a good chance of going to jail with reckless driving or 30 over.

https://legal-info.lawyers.com/criminal/traffic-violations/can-a-speeding-ticket-be-a-misdemeanor-or-felony.html

he wasn't charged with reckless driving.  he was charged with careless driving which is a moving violation punishable by a fine of up to $500 in Fla.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

none of which justify the cops' actions.

Tinted windows cop can’t see what he is doing.

Not saying cop was in the right I am more speaking about how to act in those scenarios just take your tea for the act you did and move on