Tyreek Hill apparently arrested this morning…

stevestojan

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

This is really ridiculous and unnecessary.  Hill had a giant GFY attitude toward the cop.  Setting aside how anyone might feel about the cops actions/reactions, this statement from the team reiterates the GFY by painting Hill as some sort of victim of innocent victim who did nothing at all wrong.

I have not seen any video with interactions between Campbell or Smith with police so will not comment on that but insinuating that if Hill wasn’t a football player the cop might have killed him?  Really?

Imagine being lectured by someone that employs, and shamelessly promotes, a serial domestic abuser.  A dirtbag that breaks his toddler's arm and impregnates random women on a monthly basis.

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I mean, Hill does have a long history of violence and complete lack of impulse control. Maybe it didnt matter much in this case since none of the officers were women so there wasnt anyone he normally prefers to brutalize. But he was immediately aggressive and uncooperative, so who knows what comes next.

It would have been very easy for Hill to make it clear he wasnt a threat of anything. But he chose violence.

He chose violence? I didn't see in the video where he became violent. 

31 minutes ago, Allen2Coleman said:

Then don’t expect it in return. Entitled behavior from a a POS. 

Because that’s how police work is done, you subdue the threat till it can be sorted out. You don’t put yourself in danger especially for people who don’t show you respect. 

Where was the threat? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, klos63 said:

He chose violence? I didn't see in the video where he became violent. 

Responding to an officer knocking on your window with "DONT KNOCK ON MY WINDOW LIKE THAT BRO" is an overly aggressive action that fits the meme saying of "choosing violence"

He's actively escalating the situation, which, when dealing with 4 cops outside of your car, is choosing violence.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

IMHO, cops were too aggressive. However, theres a reason cops are generally jumpy when they pull over someone who commits a crime and then doesnt comply, especially when it comes to the windows and doors of the vehicle. 

Diller and his partner, who were with their sergeant, asked the men to roll down their windows. The pair in the car refused, according to the police video, which was seen by the source and described to reporters. Diller asked Rivera to take his hands out of his sweatshirt pocket, but the suspect balked, the source said.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/26/us-news/bodycam-video-captured-chilling-final-moments-of-slain-hero-nypd-cop-police-source/

Edited by RkFast
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RkFast said:

IMHO, cops were too aggressive. However, theres a reason cops are generally jumpy when they pull over someone who commits a crime and then doesnt comply, especially when it comes to the windows and doors of the vehicle. 

Diller and his partner, who were with their sergeant, asked the men to roll down their windows. The pair in the car refused, according to the police video, which was seen by the source and described to reporters. Diller asked Rivera to take his hands out of his sweatshirt pocket, but the suspect balked, the source said.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/26/us-news/bodycam-video-captured-chilling-final-moments-of-slain-hero-nypd-cop-police-source/

It's always a good idea to start yelling at cops when you get pulled over for speeding and then refuse to roll your tinted window down. Only good things can. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

I caution anyone propping hill up as some sort of civil rights victim. He’s not a victim nor has he ever been. He is the epitome of privilege. he wants special treatment. 

Dominque Foxworth said on TV today that if a cop stops a car driving in the direction of a stadium and the driver is black, muscular and covered in gold, he should know it's probably a football player. As though football players are exempt from being pulled over when driving and acting like a tool.

Edited by RobbRiddick
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Allen2Coleman said:

Spend a week as a Miami police officer, then come back and comment.

That would be an odd career choice for me at this time considering my current salary, benefits, and opportunity for advancement but I will keep it in mind.

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

Dominic Foxworth said on TV today that if a cop stops a car driving in the direction of a stadium and the driver is black, muscular and covered in gold, he should know it's probably a football player. As though football players are exempt from being pulled over when driving and acting like a tool.

Just because someone is on TV, it doesn't make them worth listening to. I'm pretty sure that once the officers run his plates, then look at his license, they 100% KNOW who Tyreek Hill is. They don't have to look at his face, or build. 

The thing I've wondered about (and maybe somebody on here knows) is when they call up your license in the system does it show a history of other violations/crimes, or does it just show auto violations, and as a smaller subset, just outstanding violations? Honest question.

So in my lifetime I've had a few incidents that I could have (should have) been arrested over. There was even one that I could have been killed by police (10 cops, guns drawn), and they would have been justified in doing so. It would have been a tragic mistake, but they wouldnt have been legally wrong.

I not only survived all of them, but have never been arrested in any of them. The main reason being, my desire to stay out of jail is larger than my sense of entitlement/ego (unlike Hill).

So whenever I did have contact with the police in those situations, the first and only thing out of my mouth was "I'm sorry officer, I'm an idiot. I'm just stupid. I'm sorry. Sure, whatever you say. Yes, sir. Yep, I'm an idiot." And in doing so across ALL situations I was let go with just warnings.

It may have looked wimpy in the moment, but I at least got the last laugh like "I cant believe they let me go" as I'm pulling away a free man, and the officers were able to not fear for their lives and act accordingly.

It wasnt difficult to comply in those situations. Just roll your frickin window down. Prove your point another day.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Responding to an officer knocking on your window with "DONT KNOCK ON MY WINDOW LIKE THAT BRO" is an overly aggressive action that fits the meme saying of "choosing violence"

He's actively escalating the situation, which, when dealing with 4 cops outside of your car, is choosing violence.

That's the most ridiculous description of violence I've ever heard. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nobody is arguing with you that police aren’t perfect. I’d be shocked if they were. Nobody is arguing that they shouldn’t de-escalate. They should. But…if they don’t….thats all that more reason/occasion for YOU to read the room and comply. Again, the same is true in almost every social situation in life. And when you learn that early on, you’ll be much the better for it. 

But not everyone has that mindset. Many have the mindset of F the police. They will resist passively, assertively, and aggressively. Look at how Hill acted. He complied with providing his license and registration. He rolled down his window for this interaction. He told the police officer give me the ticket I'm late. All the while, he's bickering back and forth about the police banging on his window. Then he rolls up the window. Doesn't comply with the officers multiple requests. Then he opens the window slightly and the police officers look into his vehicle and continue their demands. Do you consider Hill's opening up the window as a sign of compliance? Could the officers adequately see in the vehicle? Could they have asked him to roll down the window more? Why did the officer say we aren't playing these games? Is that a mindset statement of an officer fearing for his safety? Or is more of a pissed off officer getting ready to give Hill a lesson on the law? 

This whole situation went bad quickly and it really they didn't have to. Just my observation. I wasn't there and I can't speak for the officers perception. The police officers definitely kicked up the situation to another notch. I just don't see where the officers safety was in jeopardy. Most criminals don't assault and shoot you after they give you their id. 

I believe the police could have walked away from Hill and the vehicle once they received his license and registration. There was little reason for the police to hang around his car once the docs were produced. In fact, it's poor police conduct because they are putting themselves in a more dangerous situation. The police wanted a confrontation. Thus, they created one .

Motorist very often close their windows once the give the police the required info and the cop walks to his car. Especially on the east Coast in the winter time. Hill didn't violate any laws by rolling up his window. The officer made a conscious choice to engage with Hill in a negative manner. He wasn't going to swallow any of Hill's disrespect. Instead, he was going to do the opposite. He was going to show him some respect. I guess some approve like this avenue of policing. It has it's place but not in this incident. Show his power by demanding his window down. Macho man sort of speak. This was a mistake in judgement. Police interactions have to be better than this. Police interactions should be better than this. Hill contributed to the incident! However, so did the police!!!

This was police 101 and they failed miserable. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I mean, Hill does have a long history of violence and complete lack of impulse control. Maybe it didnt matter much in this case since none of the officers were women so there wasnt anyone he normally prefers to brutalize. But he was immediately aggressive and uncooperative, so who knows what comes next.

It would have been very easy for Hill to make it clear he wasnt a threat of anything. But he chose violence.

How much violence did he choose?  Where is the line on the amount of violence he invited by being a jerk? A busted lip, a few broken ribs? 

I don't shed any tears for Tyreek given his history of being a scumbag but I am not at all comfortable with the prevailing attitude in this thread that my personal safety and freedom should be based on whatever amount of respect an officer feels they have received versus what they feel they are entitled to or the luck of whether or not I caught them on a bad day.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

If Hill broke laws, put cops in danger, needed to be cuffed..., why did they let him go?

How many people do you know get jailed for a traffic infraction? 

No way would a district attorney ever choose to prosecute Hill based on the officers behavior and actions. That would be career suicide. 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Feels like Hill getting pulled out and detained was probably appropriate based on how he acted like a dumbass. But the officers should have been more professional and not been so excessive.

The police in legal terms effected an arrest on Hill. No way a reasonable person would think that's a detainment. In fact, Hill stated numerous times he was getting arrested. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

How many people do you know get jailed for a traffic infraction? 

No way would a district attorney ever choose to prosecute Hill based on the officers behavior and actions. That would be career suicide. 

I get it,  I'm questioning those that are saying Hill did so many things wrong,  the police thought he might be violent... if he was so bad, why not much him up.  Because it was bs

48 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Oh please. A police officer skin has to be thicker than that. That type of resistance is a daily occurrence for law enforcement officers. People act like the police interactions are with choir boys. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Dominque Foxworth said on TV today that if a cop stops a car driving in the direction of a stadium and the driver is black, muscular and covered in gold, he should know it's probably a football player. As though football players are exempt from being pulled over when driving and acting like a tool.

The cops should have been aware of that. It's a reasonable conclusion. Now that doesn't mean the football player is above the law. However, it could dictate how you interact with the suspect. How profile cases are always subject to a different animal. Instead, the police officers went ghetto on ghetto. Met resistance with resistance. There were some many other appropriate avenues the police should have taken. Should have taken. I bet they wish they had now. 

44 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I get it,  I'm questioning those that are saying Hill did so many things wrong,  the police thought he might be violent... if he was so bad, why not much him up.  Because it was bs

detaining bc the stopped individual is being erratic, agitated, argumentative, and not obeying lawful commands is actually what the cop is supposed to do. That doesn't mean under arrest. It means for the officer safety and the individuals safety, the officer is detaining you so they can safely proceed with their investigation.

Because people who exhibit these types of behaviors correlate much more often with unlawful behavior than people who say "damn I was speeding wasnt I" and proceed normally.

I've said it before but there are a ton of videos out there in which police chases start exactly like this type of erratic behavior and the suspect randomly drives off, so at that point detaining for identification and to conclude the investigation was appropriate. It just turns out the erratic behavior was due to tyreek hill being tyreek hill and his lack of impulse control. I mean isn't this the same guy that assaulted someone because they told him to get off THEIR boat? 

We will see if the department has the guts to defend its officer. 

Edited by What a Tuel