Tyreek Hill apparently arrested this morning…

stevestojan

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Of course it's up to officers perspective. As I watched the video, I never once thought the window up was about officer safety. Hill complied gave his document with a rolled down window. Hills presented no threat to the officer. Hill requested the officer to hurry up and write the ticket. After all of this he rolled up his window. No biggie in my eyes. That's when the cop should have retrieved to his vehicle to do what he had to do. It was clear the police officer was flexing his muscles and authority. It was 100% about that not officer safety. Listen to the officers words. You listen to us it's not about you. Not once did an officer mention officer safety. Look at when Hill was cuffed and restrained by one officer. The other officer grabs him by the neck and forceably puts him on the ground. That's wasn't about officer safety either. That was about you do what we tell you to do. How was Hill a threat while being cuffed and restrained by another officer. You have to look at the totality of the circumstances here. This is a failure of police intervention on many levels. Police need to be held to a higher standard than this. 

Hill rolled up his window before the cop said he could do so.  And then refused to reopen it.  Hill was being difficult, but for all the cop knows, he’s potentially grabbing a weapon then.  That’s why Hill got physically pulled out of the car.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy
  • Agree 2

56 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I absolutely do think it was about compliance and officer safety. Hill showed noncompliance from the start when he didn't immediately pull over and instead asked the officer asking how fast he was going as if it was a joke. For all the officer knows, he may have taken off right there,

• So theres a chance for Hill to deescalate here

Then Hill finally pulls over and rolls his window up for when the Officer approaches? 

• Hill could have deescalated the situation. Instead he decided to get pissy about the officer tapping his window. 

Then Hill rolls up his tinted window and doesnt comply with rolling it down so the Officer can talk to him.

• Hill could have deescalated the situation there.

Officer then taps on his window to keep it down and gives Hill a good 15-20 seconds to comply.

• Hill could have deescalated the situation here.

Hill rolls his window down simply to yell at the officer again about telling him what to do. 

• Hill could have deescalated the situation here.

Officer then says keep the window down or we will get you out of the car then decides Hill should come out of the car

• Here the officer could have been a little more patient but he did give Hill another good 15 seconds to comply and get out.
  • I watch a ton of police stop videos and to be completely honest, 90% of the evading police videos start exactly like this with the person being pulled over acting erratic, non compliant, and then suddenly they speed off, so here I think getting Hill out is justified.

Lastly the largest question is: Does anyone truly believe this wouldn't have been a smooth traffic stop if Hill pulled over right away, kept his window down, gave his credentials, took his ticket and moved on? No. At the end of the day citizens also have responsibility to deescalate by their own actions whether it be with police or everyday encounters with other citizens.

Its easier to play a victim.  You are correct he could have easily just pulled over, lowered his window, and handed over insurance and license then went on. Instead he had a FU attitude and then plays a victim after he is arrested.

We as a society have lost common sense. If you don't obey the police, bad things happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They are also trained to force people to comply. Exactly what they did and didn't hurt him. LoL...

Use of force in this situation could have been avoided and wasn't necessary. Hill posed no threat to the officers. Hill didn't need to be removed from his vehicle. In fact, it will make a good training video on what not to do. Police flexing their authority and using unnecessary force should never be condoned. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. This is a case where the police are hiding behind the law and abusing their authority. No way in hell should have this ended this way. It was a clear example of pissed off officers showing Hill what happens when you don't listen. It was never about officers safety. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Tyreek triggers the cops, now the organization is bullying them. Wow. 

Nobody got triggered.  This is coming from a guy who was outraged about George Floyd.  Nobody deserves a vigilante death penalty for passing a fake bill.  I think we can all agree on that.  But so too is it that police have one of the most difficult and dangerous jobs in our society.  I am grateful for the every day.  What if the officer couldn’t see inside the car when (to my understanding) Hill rolls up the window?  Is there a gun or other weapon?   Is officer safety certain?  I don’t know the answer to any of those questions, but I will not fault these officers for anything they did to promote personal and public safety.  Not one thing. 

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Use of force in this situation could have been avoided and wasn't necessary. Hill posed no threat to the officers. Hill didn't need to be removed from his vehicle. In fact, it will make a good training video on what not to do. Police flexing their authority and using unnecessary force should never be condoned. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. This is a case where the police are hiding behind the law and abusing their authority. No way in hell should have this ended this way. It was a clear example of pissed off officers showing Hill what happens when you don't listen. It was never about officers safety. 

That's part of the lesson

Sure the hell was necessary! Sorry cupcake. Get out of the vehicle or I am ripping you out. Again, you're NOT Monty Hall and this isn't "Let's Make a Deal."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Hill rolled up his window before the cop said he could do so.  And then refused to reopen it.  Hill was being difficult, but for all the cop knows, he’s potentially grabbing a weapon then.  That’s why Hill got physically pulled out of the car.

I don't know any officer who wouldn't draw his weapon if he thought a suspect was going for a weapon. Your theory is crap. This was a pissing contest about listening to the police not officer safety. The officers owns words verify this. The officer safety theory here doesn't cut it. In fact, the officer clearly states we ain't playing these games. You should have listened. It's not amount you it's about what we say. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Nobody got triggered.  This is coming from a guy who was outraged about George Floyd.  Nobody deserves a vigilante death penalty for passing a fake bill.  I think we can all agree on that.  But so too is it that police have one of the most difficult and dangerous jobs in our society.  I am grateful for the every day.  What if the officer couldn’t see inside the car when (to my understanding) Hill rolls up the window?  Is there a gun or other weapon?   Is officer safety certain?  I don’t know the answer to any of those questions, but I will not fault these officers for anything they did to promote personal and public safety.  Not one thing. 

George Floyd died. Chauvin fell asleep on his neck.  That's not mindfulness. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't know any officer who wouldn't draw his weapon if he thought a suspect was going for a weapon. Your theory is crap. This was a pissing contest about listening to the police not officer safety. The officers owns words verify this. The officer safety theory here doesn't cut it. In fact, the officer clearly states we ain't playing these games. You should have listened. It's not amount you it's about what we say. 

That too. It was a pissing contest. What part are you NOT getting.

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Hill posed no threat to the officers.

You keep saying this (over and over and over...)

The officers have no idea what is going on in the car and do not know whether he poses a threat to them.

He's already been aggressively non-compliant and now they can't see what he's doing because he won't let them?

They have no idea whether he's a threat or not; just because you know he wasn't doesn't mean they knew he wasn't.

I think two of those guys should either be fired or never allowed to interact with the public again, but I don't blame them a bit for ordering that idiot out of the car.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

George Floyd died. Chauvin fell asleep on his neck.  That's not mindfulness. 

It was wrong then, it’s wrong now, and it made things very difficult for the vast, vast majority of LEOs, who are good, kind, caring people.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's part of the lesson

Sure the hell was necessary! Sorry cupcake. Get out of the vehicle or I am ripping you out. Again, you're NOT Monty Hall and this isn't "Let's Make a Deal."

It's not about let's make a deal. It's about being a smart officer, making prudent decisions, using your discretion appropriately, and de-escalating situations. It's not about flexing your muscle, showing how tough you are, and showing you who is the boss. Officers like that often get fired or injured. 

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I appreciate that it’s hard to have complex debates on a message board but you seem to be under the impression that you’re on equal footing with the police. You are not. As a society we long ago decided that THEY are the authority and YOU are to comply with their reasonable requests, instructions, and in some cases demands…period. The same is true for a teacher, coach, boss, commanding officer, etc.  That’s what being in authority means! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You seem like to know a lot about pissing contests.  So you think the officer should have drawn his weapon then?

16 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Its easier to play a victim.  You are correct he could have easily just pulled over, lowered his window, and handed over insurance and license then went on. Instead he had a FU attitude and then plays a victim after he is arrested.

We as a society have lost common sense. If you don't obey the police, bad things happen.

Your acc of the incident is inaccurate here. 

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

He didnt even get pulled out at that point. He was requested to lower the window. Given time to. Requested to step out of the vehicle. Given time to. Then got pulled out of the vehicle. @newcam2012 must be watching a different video.... Hill had every opportunity to deescalate the situation. The officer had every right to proceed through his steps he trained on to keep him safe.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You're equating reckless driving with jaywalking?

I hope the bust reckless driving every single time!

Right? Everyone wants to complain that it wasn’t that big of a deal. Just a traffic ticket. Ok, let me speed down your suburban street, going 60+ in a 30, with your kids playing in the front yard and tell me you don’t get as mad as the cops in this video. 

seriously, anyone that thinks it’s ok, please send me your address, I’ll be driving down your street over and over again until you finally get it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

The officers have no idea what is going on in the car and do not know whether he poses a threat to them.

He's already been aggressively non-compliant and now they can't see what he's doing because he won't let them?

They have no idea whether he's a threat or not; just because you know he wasn't doesn't mean they knew he wasn't.

I think two of those guys should either be fired or never allowed to interact with the public again, but I don't blame them a bit for ordering that idiot out of the car.

That's fair. I also stated it was the officers perception that matters not mine.

I'm giving my opinion based on what I've seen in the video. I see no threat to the officers based on the conduct of Hill and the officers reactions. I see pissed off officers letting a disrespectful Hill how it goes when you don't listen to the police. Many are ok with that. 

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

Its really crazy that people dont realize how dangerous this line of work is. They need only go watch a few attack on police videos freely available on youtube to see how quickly it goes from just an innocent traffic stop to deadly. The police don't know you and these are their procedures to keep both them and you safe. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That's fair. I also stated it was the officers perception that matters not mine.

I'm giving my opinion based on what I've seen in the video. I see no threat to the officers based on the conduct of Hill and the officers reactions. I see pissed off officers letting a disrespectful Hill how it goes when you don't listen to the police. Many are ok with that. 

The concept of authority is clearly a challenge for you. 

• Like (+1) 1