Tyreek Hill apparently arrested this morning…

stevestojan

6 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Hill complied with the request and rolled the window down about 3-4 inches. The cop wasn't happy and decided to forcefully remove him. 

I'm no lawyer or cop, but Hill was complying. Sure he may of had an attitude, but that's not illegal. I'm sure a cop has to have reason to forcefully remove someone from a vehicle, such as not complying or providing the necessary documentation. They can't just go ripping people out of cars because you made them mad, which is clearly the case here.

Just watched the video.  As soon as Hill decided to roll his window back up, police had every right to pull him out of the car.  Especially w the tinted windows, you don’t know if the guy is grabbing a gun getting ready to shoot the officer or not.  Tyreek wants to argue w police rather than show respect, that’s what he’s going to get.  No sympathy for the guy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Just watched the video.  As soon as Hill decided to roll his window back up, police had every right to pull him out of the car.  Especially w the tinted windows, you don’t know if the guy is grabbing a gun getting ready to shoot the officer or not.  Tyreek wants to argue w police rather than show respect, that’s what he’s going to get.  No sympathy for the guy.

you might be right on the window tint and safety, but there is no law that says you need to treat anyone with “respect”

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How can they both be in the wrong if Tyreek Floyd would have just complied? One side caused the whole situation.

How are they power hungry?  Want them to just hang out there all day and be like crazy Mike McDaniel, new age coach, and try and reason with him to why he should comply.

Again... They didn't kill him. Sure they tuned him up... Did he learn his lesson about listening?

Have we really gone this soft?

He was driving like a nut in his supercar... Motorcycle cops pulled him over... He got two citations.

“Soft” in my opinion is thinking the police get to tune you up for not listening.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

My immediate reaction after seeing the video is that the cops went way overboard.  They were unprofessional, dropping F-bombs on Hill and otherwise swearing at him and generally roughing him up.  The knee on the back was eerily reminiscent of Floyd.  While what they did may be legal, it's not the kind of policing I want to see.  The biggest issue I have with police is that they deal with the dregs of society every day, and unfortunately, sometimes that rubs off on their interactions with ordinary citizens.  For those of you who think the cops deserved to treat Hill like that, we're in Dave Mason territory.  While he may be a POS, he didn't deserve to be yanked out of his car forcefully just because he didn't roll down his window fast enough.  Cops need to de-escalate, not escalate that situation.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

You know what the shameful thing about primadonna Tyreek... He starts crying about his knee surgery... Them goes out on field running all over the place a zillion miles an hour.   Yet, he can't sit down for the police... But gets tackled in a game.

Don't drive like a nut in a 1/2 million dollar supercar and endanger others and the police won't treat you badly.

"What if I wasn't Tyreek Hill?" ~Tyreek Hill

Well, first off you wouldn't be driving that car.  Should I go on how he's copting the victimhood of others?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

There's no need to be disrespectful, it's okay if you disagree but I don't appreciate name calling.

Just a proper adjective to your take, not you. LEO’S put their lives on the line every day every moment. Some have been shot in the head just sitting in their cars, others like what happened here in Orlando a month ago can get drawn into an ambush and killed. Approaching a vehicle has to be one of the most stressful activities they involve themselves with, you are totally exposed. For Hill to behave like the entitled petulant child he is , was inexcusable. He’s shown to be a violent person who can’t control his emotions. He caused this situation, he’s not by any means a victim.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Here are some seemingly contradictory things:

1) I don’t love cops in general; their personality types and mine don’t jive.

2) They are necessary and are given power to do their job. 

3) Cops interact with crazy people all day long.

4) I would NEVER want their job.

5) If I’m being pulled over or detained, however upset I am, I don’t have a fight/argument with them in the street. I humble myself and try to make the situation as small as possible. I give them room to cut me slack but also feel they won the moment or made their point. 

Some people have zero compassion for what cops do and only see the harsh manner they typically have. Again, they deal with crazy people, all day long

If you can’t humble yourself in that moment your emotions are in charge. The cop has to use that information when assessing a situation. 

Edited by Shortchaz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

“Soft” in my opinion is thinking the police get to tune you up for not listening.

Soft is Mike McDaniel. He's not coherent. 

Mindfulness is being aware the police will tune you up for not listening while attempting to die on the wrong hill. 

Don't act nasty and people usually don't act nasty back. I am not for heavy policing... But where do you draw the line with the shameful BS.  He can't sit down because of his knee surgery?  Sorry cupcake, you're playing a game @ 1pm. 😆 

I see the cops reaction as excessive but not over the top.  However, in a moment where they could lose their life I understand the aggressive approach.  Hill needs to take accountability for why he was pulled over and why he was pulled from the car.  I'm not sure why they put him to the ground but if I were to give anyone the benefit of the doubt without knowing either, I would usually side with the person who hasn't broken the law in this situation, which would be the officers.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Mindfulness is being aware the police will tune you up for not listening while attempting to die on the wrong hill. 

Don't act nasty and people usually don't act nasty back. I am not for heavy policing... But where do you draw the line with the shameful BS.  He can't sit down because of his knee surgery?  Sorry cupcake, you're playing a game @ 1pm. 😆 

That kind of struck me as odd too.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I’m not being an advocate for a scumbag like Hill on some personal level.  I think he sucks.

But we can have law enforcement that act like adults and don’t think of themselves as agents for meting out physical lessons to the non-compliant.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I’m not being an advocate for a scumbag like Hill on some personal level.  I think he sucks.

But we can have law enforcement that act like adults and don’t think of themselves as agents for meting out physical lessons to the non-compliant.

They were okay.

Hill complained about surgery on his knee... The cop asked if he had surgery on his ears.

They acted like adults.  

Stern and objective.  NOT authoritative and subjective.

What you saw was stern. Again, they didn't hurt him or kill him. He's been tackled worse on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

Just gonna put these here for people that don’t think SIMPLE traffic stops can’t, and sometimes don’t get out of control really fast. The first one an officer hasn’t even approached the vehicle and gets shot. And the 2nd one you can see the officers did have multiple people from the pulled over vehicle and seemed to be addressing the traffic stop in a way that some think these officers should have treated Hill, and a 3rd person jumps out of the vehicle shooting. These are absolutely 100% of the reason why officers want compliance when in a traffic stop. Because they have no idea if they are going to go home to their families on every single stop. Hill was recklessly speeding in a high traffic area. There were people walking on sidewalks in the area. There was heavy traffic. These officers are there specifically for the safety and security of everyone in the area. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Can we have these role model athletes act like adults?  His response from the day is what I expect from someone who won't take personal accountability.  He has a criminal history of violence that would explain why officers are a little more guarded

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Here are some seemingly contradictory things:

1) I don’t love cops in general; their personality types and mine don’t jive.

2) They are necessary and are given power to do their job. 

3) Cops interact with crazy people all day long.

4) I would NEVER want their job.

5) If I’m being pulled over or detained, however upset I am, I don’t have a fight/argument with them in the street. I humble myself and try to make the situation as small as possible. I give them room to cut me slack but also feel they won the moment or made their point. 

Some people have zero compassion for what cops do and only see the harsh manner they typically have. Again, they deal with crazy people, all day long

If you can’t humble yourself in that moment your emotions are in charge. The cop has to use that information when assessing a situation. 

You make excellent points that are quite fair. Nobody says that you have to adore police officers but acting like a mature adult when dealing with them will almost always produce better results.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Can we have these role model athletes act like adults?  His response from the day is what I expect from someone who won't take personal accountability.  He has a criminal history of violence that would explain why officers are a little more guarded

I never said I thought Hill did the right thing.  He drove recklessly and then acted like an entitled twit.  

1 minute ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Wasn't even wearing his seatbelt and he's recklessly driving around in a 1,000 hp supercar in a stadium area w/pedestrians.  I am sure the powerful car got away from him.

Been to HardRock almost a dozen times. That ain't an area to go tooling around UNLESS they close off things for F1 Circuit.

2 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I never said I thought Hill did the right thing.  He drove recklessly and then acted like an entitled twit.  

Beatdown incoming!

Hey... I am old school. 😆 

43 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

you might be right on the window tint and safety, but there is no law that says you need to treat anyone with “respect”

Fair enough, he could have kept arguing if he wanted and prolonged getting his ticket.  But moment he put the window back up and put the officers’ safety at risk, they had every right to pull him out of the car.

• Like (+1) 1

People don’t seem to understand that we have a societal compact. As citizens, we’ve agreed to cede over confrontational authority to the police in a trade for taking the law into our own hands. For our part in this trade we’re expected to treat the police with some level of respect and compliance. Period! 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Now who is overreacting? This wife beater thinks he's Rosa Parks now. If you want change then get with the PD and put out a joint statement saying what you did was wrong and what they did was wrong. All this will lead to is more people breaking the law and disrespecting cops and then cops overreacting after dealing with 100 of these a-holes every day.