Tyreek Hill apparently arrested this morning…

stevestojan

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I generally agree with your theme. However, law enforcement officers have to comply within the frame of the law. In this case, Hill presented zero threat to the officers safety. I mean zero threat. That's no small fact to overlook. 

Law enforcement officers are continually receiving use of force training, non compliance training, and go over many scenarios in quarterly training. 

It's the duty of a police offer to deescalate situations. It's not an option. It's always the first and preferred option. There's no way you can think the police deescalated the situation. 

Yes, I've gone through law enforcement academies. Answering just because you asked. 

In short, we saw an incident where the Miami police abused their authority. It really doesn't matter if Hill is or was a POS here because legally he complied by giving the police his docs. 

I'm glad you went through law academy, appreciate you.

But when Hill didn't roll his completely blacked out window down AND keep it down.  It does pose a threat.

At least in PA academy.  But you need to have line of sight.  Hill refused to comply, and instead had a bugger issue with the traffic cop knocking on his window.  

Can't go from being the aggressor to then playing victim.  Too common in today's America.  Be a complete dick to the officers, disobey their requests then play victim.  I'm glad Tyreeks uncle raised him on how to handle those situations (Hills words)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

And then Hill comes out with this statement after the game...

"It's hard," Hill said. "I don't want to bring race into it, but sometimes it gets kind of iffy when you do. What if I wasn't Tyreek Hill? Lord knows what those guys would have done. I just wanted to make sure I was doing what my uncle always told me to do whenever you're in a situation like that — put your hands on the steering wheel and just listen."

“Don’t knock on my window like that. Don’t knock on my window like that.” Yeah, definitely listen right from the start. 

But anyway, just out of curiosity, does anyone know the deal on this claimed knee surgery? Did they hide an injury last year? Let’s get down to the real crime here, violating the injury reporting rules. 😄

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I generally agree with your theme. However, law enforcement officers have to comply within the frame of the law. In this case, Hill presented zero threat to the officers safety. I mean zero threat. That's no small fact to overlook. 

Law enforcement officers are continually receiving use of force training, non compliance training, and go over many scenarios in quarterly training. 

It's the duty of a police offer to deescalate situations. It's not an option. It's always the first and preferred option. There's no way you can think the police deescalated the situation. 

Yes, I've gone through law enforcement academies. Answering just because you asked. 

In short, we saw an incident where the Miami police abused their authority. It really doesn't matter if Hill is or was a POS here because legally he complied by giving the police his docs. 

Rolling up a blacked out window is zero safety. How about punching the gas pedal and taking off?

What's behind a window one can't see through... A weapon that will blast right through.

He didn't comply after having window all the way down, he raises it back up and ignores them.  That's a red safety flag.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If they did would you be on here complaining about an illegal search?  Yup.  But they didn’t search so now you’re on complaining about the lack of a search.  

Because no NFL player or pro athlete for that matter was ever involved in a crime with a gun…..

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If they did would you be on here complaining about an illegal search?  Yup.  But they didn’t search so now you’re on complaining about the lack of a search.  

No I wouldn't. Nice try. But if they did this because they feared that he had a gun, wouldn't it make sense to look for a gun? And I'm not complaining, just stating the obvious.  Keep trying, you made some reasonable points earlier, this isn't one of them.

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Because no NFL player or pro athlete for that matter was ever involved in a crime with a gun…..

Yeah, and no cop has ever abused his power.

Edited by klos63

4 minutes ago, QCity said:

I know part of it is fake, but if he really went to the University of Phoenix that explains a lot here.

Is Manny even the cop in question here? Based on the radio call I’m assuming he was the guy who was talking to Hill. A second cop is the one that pulled him out. 

Come on people. Get the right guy with your jokes!

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Rolling up a blacked out window is zero safety. How about punching the gas pedal and taking off?

What's behind a window one can't see through... A weapon that will blast right through.

He didn't comply after having window all the way down, he raises it back up and ignores them.  That's a red safety flag.

And , obviously, the cops were wrong. He had no gun.  And if they were concerned about a gun, stop banging on the fricking window and get away.

They did not look like they were worried about getting shot through the window.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

No I wouldn't. Nice try. But if they did this because they feared that he had a gun, wouldn't it make sense to look for a gun? And I'm not complaining, just stating the obvious.  Keep trying, you made some reasonable points earlier, this isn't one of them.

Yeah, and no cop has ever abused his power.

Why not just comply? I’ll tell you why. He’s a  prlck with an ego. That will escalate quickly. The cop MAY have overreacted but the dumbass Hill caused the situation by not listening. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

You do know that's illegal?  But now you're OK with an illegal search just to prove your point.

You're on a clear mission here.  It's called act civilized in the situation and follow law.  Simple as that.

I would think if they had reasonable suspicion, they could search the car.  But here's the point... they obviously were not worried about him having a gun. If they were, they wouldn't just stand next to the window.

Rolling up your window is uncivilized?  Interesting take, who's the one on a mission here?

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

And , obviously, the cops were wrong. He had no gun.  And if they were concerned about a gun, stop banging on the fricking window and get away.

They did not look like they were worried about getting shot through the window.

It's their playground. Comply or you will be forced to.

What are you? Monty Hall?

They didn't kill him. They cuffed him and made him sit done. Immobilized him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Why not just comply? I’ll tell you why. He’s a  prlck with an ego. That will escalate quickly. The cop MAY have overreacted but the dumbass Hill caused the situation by not listening. 

tough crap for the ***** cop.  No law against being a prick with an ego... that would eliminate a lot of cops.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's their playground. Comply or you will be forced to.

What are you? Monty Hall?

They didn't kill him. They cuffed him and made him sit done. Immobilized him.

It's not their playground. 

Let's see what happens when you physically force someone to comply. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

tough crap for the ***** cop.  No law against being a prick with an ego... that would eliminate a lot of cops.

This is why society is in its current state. No respect for teachers, neighbors, cops etc. and some people condone it!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15044418

Just now, AlfaBill said:

This is why society is in its current state. No respect for teachers, neighbors, cops etc. and some people condone it!

I agree... It's NOT like they killed him. Maybe Hill learns to follow orders?