9/8/24 GAMEDAY Opening Day Bills vs Cardinals Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Bill's should crush the Cardinals. No reason to expect this to be close. 

both teams have not played their starters in the pre-season.  I expect both teams to be rusty as they to get their timing right in real game situations. Go Bills !!!

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

both teams have not played their starters in the pre-season.  I expect both teams to be rusty as they to get their timing right in real game situations. Go Bills !!!

Bills have had the same HC and QB for seven years, and essentially the same defensive system. It will be shameful if they play "rusty"

I'm expecting a run heavy game plan today. From Joe Marino:

https://open.substack.com/pub/herdmentality1960/p/buffalo-bills-vs-arizona-cardinals?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android&r=mzxwc

In 2023, Arizona was 31st in scoring defense, 25th in yards allowed per game and gave up the most rushing yards in the league. The Cardinals conceded at least 90 rushing yards in all 17 games while giving up at least 110 rushing yards in 14 of 17 contests. According to the Fantasy Points Data Suite, Arizona allowed 2.01 yards before contact per rushing attempt, third most in the NFL and 1 of just three teams to be above 2.0. Meanwhile, the Bills offense generated 2.07 yards before contact when running the ball, the third-best mark in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I hope so. And Allen comes out throwing. The Cards have a terrible defense and no pass rush. Take advantage of it, jump ahead in points and make them abandon the run game.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Alright

We're scanning the scene in the city tonight
We're looking for you to start up a fight
There's an evil feeling in our brains
But it's nothing new, you know it drives us insane

Running, on our way
Hiding, you will pay
Dying one thousand deaths

Running, on our way
Hiding, you will pay
Come on now

Searching, seek and destroy

There is no escape and that's for sure
This is the end, we won't take anymore
Say goodbye to the world you live in
You've always been taking and now you're giving

Running, on our way
Hiding, you will pay

Running, on our way
Hiding, you will pay

Searching, seek and destroy (come on, everybody)

Let's go, come on

Our brains are on fire with the feeling to kill
And it won't go away until our dreams are fulfilled
There is only one thing on our minds
Don't try running away 'cause you're the one we will find

Running, on our way
Hiding, you will pay

Running, on our way
Hiding, you will pay

Searching, come on, seek and destroy
Searching, seek and destroy (come on)

You posted the lyrics 😂

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, ganesh said:

we have seen some form of issues with all four teams so far this week with the exchange from center/lining up Offside/illegally and missed blocks.

I imagine this happens to both the bills and cardinals today too.  week 1 always has the potential to be a circus.  

I am most curious to see if the bills come out and play physical football and if they do how does Arizona react.  I bet Arizona has prepped for 3 different approaches from buffalo.

I am hoping buffalo uses all kinds of personnel in similar or the same formations and it frustrates the cardinals.  I think Buffalo is built to run all over a 3-4 defense and It will be fun to see how arizona approaches this.

well I hope it will be fun.

oh and I want the Bills on defense first without question.  Use the crowd noise and the energy of the stadium against the cardinals offense and put them in 3rd and long to start the game.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

You know what I would love for once?  A new season hype up video that doesn’t have moments of heartbreaking season ending losses from the previous year. 

Just a nice run it back hype up video of us going after a second superbowl ring is all I want.  

happy Sunday it’s great to be back!