Can we really judge Bass in Sunday's weather?

DeepPass

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

He was good today outside of the kickoff. 

I was happy he buried the kick to go up 6 that kick had some pressure to it 

To be fair he got ***** on that, his one kick got returned despite a blatant block in the back, and the next kick was a pretty high difficulty that was more difficult with the wind forcing him to have a holder.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

To be fair he got ***** on that, his one kick got returned despite a blatant block in the back, and the next kick was a pretty high difficult that was more difficult with the wind forcing him to have a holder.

The block in the back on the Cards TD return was blatant, and at the point of attack.  No idea why they didn't call that a penalty.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

That silence you hear is the Bass haterz.  But they're still out there.  First miss he has, they will be calling to cut him.

lets be real. ANY mistake brings wrath upon a player ANY Player. Our expectations are sky  high. Building some consistency will help his rep

Seeing your guy trot out and not having confidence is a ****** feeling. Show the world and shut up the haters.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Except for the out of bounds kickoff at the worst time.  

Kick return for a TD, that was a total special team failure.  

I have to give him a pass on that kickoff - tough circumstance w/ the wind & the situation.

Edited by Success
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, muppy said:

lets be real. ANY mistake brings wrath upon a player ANY Player. Our expectations are sky  high. Building some consistency will help his rep

Seeing your guy trot out and not having confidence is a ****** feeling. Show the world and shut up the haters.

Unlike most of my fellow TBD brethren, I did not throw Bass under the bus when he started struggling halfway through last season.  I still have confidence in him when he steps out there, because I see the ball at the top of the net from 40, 3/4 of the way up the net from 50, etc.  I know he can make a 60+ yarder if we need it.  In Bass I Trust.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The block in the back on the Cards TD return was blatant, and at the point of attack.  No idea why they didn't call that a penalty.

Yeah, I wonder...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree but all his kicks were inside 39 yards.  And Mc13 already doesn't trust him beyond 50 so his range will be very limited. 

Unlikely...he was drilling 50+ yard kicks in pregame.

And on short yardage, the better option is always for Allen to go for it.

Hard to fault McD for "not trusting the kicker" when Allen is virtually an automatic first down.

53 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It was a game where he needed to make some clutch FGs and he did....🤷‍♂️

33 yd extra points weren't a given today either. He was excellent, kickoffs not withstanding on a couple. 

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree but all his kicks were inside 39 yards.  And Mc13 already doesn't trust him beyond 50 so his range will be very limited. 

Mc13! Classic! 😀

Haven't seen that yet here. 👏