Curtis Samuel.....How impactful will he be tomorrow??

Special K

I’m expecting him to retire before the game.  He must’ve found out that no NFL coach has won his first Super Bowl after 7+ seasons with a team. Why even play if you are guaranteed to be a loser?

• Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m expecting him to retire before the game.  He must’ve found out that no NFL coach has won his first Super Bowl after 7+ seasons with a team. Why even play if you are guaranteed to be a loser?

Vontae Davis:

"He could at least have the decency to wait until halftime to retire!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Some people, especially in the national media, seem to believe that Josh only has 2 legit guys to throw to: Shakir and Kincaid.  

It's going to be interesting to see Brady's everyone-eats, spread-the-ball-around offense.  Samuel will be one of the guys eating with something like 100 yards of  total offense.  That's my prediction - he's going to have an impact.  

Seen national talking head who never played or coached a game in his like say Shakir is "Just Another Guy" who looked good due to Allen in backup role and will be lucky to have 4th in receptions against Cardinals. 

An AI talking head (when are they going to be replaced with AIs?) could do a better report.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I am sure that is reason why Barry Sanders retired after signing a new contract w/Lions.

Depends on how they use him.  If it’s just quick WR screens, Arizona should adjust and shut him down.  I don’t know why, with his speed, that he hasn’t been a deep threat.

My guess will be 3 receptions for 30 yards.

I expected Samuel to be a huge part of the offense when we signed him - he played on some really bad teams and produced, with JA he should be really good.

But the turf toe has me not expecting much in the first month or so - hopefully it’s not a lingering thing. Shakir and Kincaid are gonna eat tomorrow; Samuel will have a couple of big 3rd down conversions but that’s about it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Special K said:

I'm interested to see just how much Samuel can bring to this offense.

Will he be used all around the field? Will he be a focus of the offense or just a complimentary piece? 

I'm expecting big things from Kincaid and Shakir this year, but could it be Samuel in line for a breakout season?

I'm looking forward to finding out!!

Go Bills!!

I think people are going to be disappointed by his "box score numbers". He's the kind of player that brings a lot to the on field game of football, though. I expect him to be used much the way Isiah McKenzie was. 

I expect to see him out wide, in the slot and out of the backfield. He will take some end around plays.  And for no reason in particular, I can see him throwing a pass or two at some point this season.

Beane is looking for that big free agent hit at the WR position. He hasn't hit since Brown and Beasley in 2019. Samuel has a lot of promise similar to Sanders and Crowder when they came to Buffalo. Neither of those guys really lived up to expectations. I hope Samuel at least outperforms each of them in terms of ability and availability. 

14 hours ago, RoscoeParrish said:

8-10 touches and over 100 yards all purpose yards. 

He’s gonna have the best season of his career.

That would be a monster season. I would settle for like 60- 70 all purpose yards per game. 

We are all curious for sure. The WR group  is THE biggest question, with the D being the 2nd. But, this is ONE game. Recall how JA didn't play so good against the Jets last year on game 1? Or the team in the opener vs the Steelers? Or how Kelce and Mark Andrews were near invisible Thursday? 

So yeah. I'm as anxious as any new of you, but RELAX. It's ONE game. Win or lose, this is not the season.

14 hours ago, RoscoeParrish said:

8-10 touches and over 100 yards all purpose yards. 

He’s gonna have the best season of his career.

He's been somewhat more productive in his career than Cole Beasley was prior to coming to Buffalo. 

So I think he could put in legitimate #2 stats... 70-80 receptions for 800-900 yards.

The big question on the season, can Kincaid break 100 catches for 1,200+ yards? If so they Bills have a legit #1 and #2 receiver. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Beane is looking for that big free agent hit at the WR position. He hasn't hit since Brown and Beasley in 2019. Samuel has a lot of promise similar to Sanders and Crowder when they came to Buffalo. Neither of those guys really lived up to expectations. I hope Samuel at least outperforms each of them in terms of ability and availability. 

Crowder only played in 4 games.  Sanders' last season in the NFL was with the Bills, but he did have his 2nd best YPR of his career and was a decent addition.

As for Samuel, I'm not sure where the "he's injury prone" is coming from.  In the past 5 years he's missed extended time in just one season, 2021 with a groin injury.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No idea of course but I'm going to guess he doesn't do much today. Maybe 1 or 2 catches and a reverse.

Kincaid will have 8 catches for 115

Knox 6 for 75

Shakir 5 for 45

Cook 6 for 110

345+ yards passing from Allen today and that's just to four receivers. So you have Allen getting close to 400 yards passing. 

How is Arizona's defense? If they are bad all around I would expect the Bills to try and run the ball enough that Allen doesn't go over 315 through the air.