What will be our biggest draft need(s) heading into the 2025 draft?

GASabresIUFan

Yes, I know this is plenty early, but Beane’s extension of Brown means Beane is already looking ahead to next year.  I honestly thought he’d let Brown walk.  Cbssports.com also posted a mock 2025 draft already with the Bills taking a WR (Isiah Bond) to pair with Coleman.

So where could our needs be?

Offense:

We look pretty set at QB, RB, and OL.  I can see a need for a blocking TE to eventually replace Knox.  We could also easily invest more in WRs, but for some reason, I don’t see Beane drafting a WR in the first.  Shakir’s develop will likely influence that decision.

Defense:  

DE:  This is a huge area of need.  McD’s defense needs a strong pass rush and a complement to Groot is a necessity.

DT:  Oliver and Carter are the current plan, but more depth needed.

LB: Benard and Williams may be the short and long-term answer, assuming Williams has a good season.  If not, LB could be a need.

CB: Benford is a given.  Can Elam replace Douglas next season.  If not, CB becomes a priority

S: Rapp plus Bishop.  Can they make something of Cine? What if Hamlin has a good year? 

Thoughts?

Edited by GASabresIUFan

• GASabresIUFan changed the title to What will be our biggest draft need(s) heading into the 2025 draft?

Wide Receiver 

Wide Receiver 

Wide Receiver

just do it Beane multiple times please…it’s the second most expensive position and Josh needs some long term options 

every other position should be secondary at this point with our OL having great depth and the D line getting multiple draft capital invested into it every year 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

We kind of had a thread like this not too long ago but my opinion hasn’t changed. 

DE, DT, and WR are primary needs

CB, LB, and backup QB are secondary needs

I agree a I would l Ike to have a 2nd TE guy who can block. I don’t need Lee Smith but not a pure flex TE who has some experience blocking in College. 

Kicker and Punter should be on the list as well as would like to haves if Bass can’t turn it around 

• Like (+1) 1

This is supposedly one of the deepest drafts in recent years on the defensive side of the ball.

Defensive End is a major need.

One LB with Milano slowing down.

CB need another one if Elam doesn’t pan out.

On O need another WR preferably one with speed.

Could use another G for depth

And let’s face it if TBass has the YIPs a kicker. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This is supposedly one of the deepest drafts in recent years on the defensive side of the ball.

Defensive End is a major need.

One LB with Milano slowing down.

CB need another one if Elam doesn’t pan out.

On O need another WR preferably one with speed.

Could use another G for depth

And let’s face it if TBass has the YIPs a kicker. 

Like Xavier “James” worthy ?

Edited by balln

2 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Wide Receiver 

Wide Receiver 

Wide Receiver

just do it Beane multiple times please…it’s the second most expensive position and Josh needs some long term options 

every other position should be secondary at this point with our OL having great depth and the D line getting multiple draft capital invested into it every year 

If only they saw it the same way 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

In the past, Beane has gone out of his way in free agency to set us up to not have to draft for need past the first round, and be able to go BPA after that. This last draft was a departure from that strategy, IMO-- we had a lot of needs. Many fans were upset that we didn't draft more than one WR, but our first seven picks-- WR, S, DT, RB, C, LB, Edge-- were all positions of need, and it could be well argued that they were drafted in order of need. 

It's impossible to predict what will be our biggest needs by the time we draft in '25. If the combo of Coleman, Shakir, Samuel, Hollins pans out (in whatever order 1-4 they end up) then we might consider ourselves set at WR. It's also not unlikely that Beane engineers a trade for a star WR, like he did Diggs. Who knows? We've had drafts in recent years that were aimed at depth players-- that could happen again. But, probably not...

If the '25 draft were tomorrow, WR, DE, S, CB would all be positions of need, perhaps in that order. But, maybe Coleman, Groot, Bishop, and even Elam all have breakout years? Of those four, I'd bet money that one of them will. Add Shakir, and Samuel to that list. And Kincaid. Or none of them. Maybe we suck?

GO BILLS!

56 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The NBA legend? He might have been able to shine at WR in the NFL...

That’s what I was thinking James is 63 might be tough for him to beat press coverage much less his 40 time which you could probably take with a sundial…but hey 5 NbA titles definitely would be a locker room leader.