Packers @ Eagles in Brazil - Sept 6 at 8:15pm

Einstein

10 hours ago, Low Positive said:

They didn’t want to pay a RB big money. So, they let him test FA. What happened is that he never came back to the Giants to see if they would beat the Eagles offer because he wanted to stick it to the giants for tagging him last year. He also was probably tired of losing. The Giants have made it clear that they would have beat the Eagles offer. 

That’s mostly accurate. Except his agent did call Schoen back with the highest offer Barkley got. The whole sequence was shown on hard knocks. The giants weren’t willing to match fully.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40577860/hard-knocks-recap-final-talks-saquon-barkley-giants

hard knocks made it clear that Schoen really didn’t want to re-sign Barkley (as you said).

and as you said, Barkley didn’t really want to be there anymore either.

He said he felt disrespected by the way the giants handled his contract negotiations - how they were only willing to offer him more money if he could find some other team on the open market that was willing to pay him.

https://www.nfl.com/news/saquon-barkley-was-fed-up-with-giants-negotiations-it-was-a-little-disrespectful

8 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

That has the look of an ACL. The bad news is that his season is likely over. The good news is that it looks to be a fairly clean snap, without a lot of extraneous soft-tissue damage. That would make the recovery prognosis a lot more optimistic.

The good news for Love is that he already secured the bag 😅

9 hours ago, dma0034 said:

The online doctor: Brian Sutterer said it looks like a Grade 3 MCL tear with likely a high ankle sprain. Said it can be an ACL tear but MCL is far more likely. Looking online the recovery time is 6-8 weeks

According to Diana Russini there was no ankle injury, which imo might not be good news because something obviously caused serious pain and mobility issues getting off the field 

Best case scenario might be the Mahomes Gumby body type knee injury from a few years back where he only has to miss a few weeks 

I can only remember the description of Mahomes being able to bend like Gumby. It was on the QB sneak play a few years back 

Edited by TheFunPolice

55 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

hope that turns out to be true. But mri after a day or two will show it for sure once swelling goes down.

tannehill or famous jameis likely to get a phone call to sign or trade for 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

According to Diana Russini there was no ankle injury, which imo might not be good news because something obviously caused serious pain and mobility issues getting off the field 

Best case scenario might be the Mahomes Gumby body type knee injury from a few years back where he only has to miss a few weeks 

I can only remember the description of Mahomes being able to bend like Gumby. It was on the QB sneak play a few years back 

Mahomes was a dislocated kneecap IIRC

On 9/7/2024 at 8:57 AM, MikePJ76 said:

I would say it makes Detroit's path to winning the nfc north and gettting a high seed much better.  Probably has nothing to do with the 49ers.  They will have their hands full with the rams and seahawks, plus a first place schedule again.

That’s a good point considering Green Bay is in the same division as Detroit. I was thinking simply on who looks like the best team in the NFC, and I think that’s SF. We saw two teams in GB and Philly who are possible contenders, but neither looks like they could overcome SF. I agree that Detroit might be the biggest threat to SF, but I just don’t trust Goff and Campbell. An up and coming Green Bay was someone I thought had greater potential.