Packers @ Eagles in Brazil - Sept 6 at 8:15pm

Einstein

29 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Knee definitely pops here.  

That has the look of an ACL. The bad news is that his season is likely over. The good news is that it looks to be a fairly clean snap, without a lot of extraneous soft-tissue damage. That would make the recovery prognosis a lot more optimistic.

• Like (+1) 1

The rarely seen "Saturday Morning Reflections" from Gunner....

1. The field. Not blaming it for the Love injury at the end obviously but the field was awful players were slipping all night. Seriously field quality is becoming the biggest risk to the International Series. The NFL and its international partners have to do a better job. 

2. Flags. Okay it was week 1 and there was some sloppy play (you basically could have called a false start on the Eagles oline every freaking snap) but when you having 17 penalties in a football game it affects the flow, it affects the product and if you had a game with two less dynamic offenses it would have been basically unwatchable as a result. And I benefitted watching the condensed game so didn't have all the ref huddling up pointing delays that you guys watching live will have had.

3. I felt like it was a bit of a barometer game for an argument that has raged here and elsewhere this offseason. Is it better on offense to have a diverse group of guys or is it better to have GUYS. Green Bay's young receivers were fine... but Philadelphia's offense turned it over 3 times (1 for GB) and still found a way because they have Barkley, Smith and Brown. All the damage was done by those three. Green Bay knew where the ball was going. They just couldn't stop them. Elite talent wins in this league. 

4. Delighted for Zach Baun. I was high on him coming out of Wisconsin but the first four years of his career have been a bit of a wash, wasted as he was miscast as a rotational edge rusher in New Orleans. As an inside backer in Vic Fangio's scheme he was the best defensive player on the field. That is a sneaky good pickup by the Eagles. 

5. Life without Jason Kelce is going to be a little tougher for Philly as the season goes along. I know they have been trying to develop Cam Juergens for this moment but last night was a rough start. He had some snap issues, was struggling for timing with the rest of the line and wasn't getting the push on those patented sneak plays that they are used to. Lots to work on. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If Malik Willis starts for them for any extended period of time, the packers are toast. He is a special kind of bad 

All he had to do was throw the ball, anywhere, on the last play of the game. Just throw it!  He holds it and takes a sack.  Literally the only thing that can’t happen. 

6 hours ago, dma0034 said:

The online doctor: Brian Sutterer said it looks like a Grade 3 MCL tear with likely a high ankle sprain. Said it can be an ACL tear but MCL is far more likely. Looking online the recovery time is 6-8 weeks

Who knows… but that really really sucks… and obviously is a reality check on how possible it is to lose your best player during the normal course of play. I hope the Bills O-Line does a really good job this season…

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The rarely seen "Saturday Morning Reflections" from Gunner....

1. The field. Not blaming it for the Love injury at the end obviously but the field was awful players were slipping all night. Seriously field quality is becoming the biggest risk to the International Series. The NFL and its international partners have to do a better job. 

2. Flags. Okay it was week 1 and there was some sloppy play (you basically could have called a false start on the Eagles oline every freaking snap) but when you having 17 penalties in a football game it affects the flow, it affects the product and if you had a game with two less dynamic offenses it would have been basically unwatchable as a result. And I benefitted watching the condensed game so didn't have all the ref huddling up pointing delays that you guys watching live will have had.

3. I felt like it was a bit of a barometer game for an argument that has raged here and elsewhere this offseason. Is it better on offense to have a diverse group of guys or is it better to have GUYS. Green Bay's young receivers were fine... but Philadelphia's offense turned it over 3 times (1 for GB) and still found a way because they have Barkley, Smith and Brown. All the damage was done by those three. Green Bay knew where the ball was going. They just couldn't stop them. Elite talent wins in this league. 

4. Delighted for Zach Baun. I was high on him coming out of Wisconsin but the first four years of his career have been a bit of a wash, wasted as he was miscast as a rotational edge rusher in New Orleans. As an inside backer in Vic Fangio's scheme he was the best defensive player on the field. That is a sneaky good pickup by the Eagles. 

5. Life without Jason Kelce is going to be a little tougher for Philly as the season goes along. I know they have been trying to develop Cam Juergens for this moment but last night was a rough start. He had some snap issues, was struggling for timing with the rest of the line and wasn't getting the push on those patented sneak plays that they are used to. Lots to work on. 

I would add that through the first two games there seems to be a lot of turnovers by the QB's - 2 lost fumbles and 4 INT's.  On top of that I saw at least 3 and maybe more dropped INT's in the two games.  Perhaps the D has fully caught up with the shiny passing attacks?  If this continues Allen TO's may pale in comparison.

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

It seemed like the real winner in this game was the San Francisco 49ers, and their chances to represent the NFC again. 

I would say it makes Detroit's path to winning the nfc north and gettting a high seed much better.  Probably has nothing to do with the 49ers.  They will have their hands full with the rams and seahawks, plus a first place schedule again.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I would add that through the first two games there seems to be a lot of turnovers by the QB's - 2 lost fumbles and 4 INT's.  On top of that I saw at least 3 and maybe more dropped INT's in the two games.  Perhaps the D has fully caught up with the shiny passing attacks?  If this continues Allen TO's may pale in comparison.

It was still 34-29 with a missed FG and failed 2 pointer. So I am not sure you can say defenses have caught up. I just think there is still some week 1 sloppiness in some of the play.

• Agree 1

Obviously it would be horrible if Jordan Love is lost for the season on that play.

That’s first and foremost. 

In relation to the Bills.. The Packers are the Dolphins NFCN crossover game. 

Where we get the Lions, they may have what now looks to be an automatic W if worst case is realized. 

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Obviously it would be horrible if Jordan Love is lost for the season on that play.

That’s first and foremost. 

In relation to the Bills.. The Packers are the Dolphins NFCN crossover game. 

Where we get the Lions, they may have what now looks to be an automatic W if worst case is realized. 

That game is Thanksgiving night in Green Bay. As long as it is anything but and ACL, I'd expect Love back. Furthermore, if they can find a competent vet to fill in (if Love is out long term) I still like the Packers chances at home in late November against Miami. 

12 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Another crapy field causing major issues, hope no one get hurt.  NFL still more worried about the $ over player safety.

Can’t stand Rog.

Well so much for hope… this nonsense with Rog & co chasing a buck has to stop!  Unfortunately their goal is 16 international games a season.

Edited by PayDaBill$

Scheduling NFL games on makeshift fields requires a special kind of idiocy.  And that idiot makes $64 million dollars per year.  This is very confusing to me. (Blathering on about making more money, doesn't make these games any less stupid)

3 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Fully recovered from his injury.

Yeah, I was surprised by his burst. 

The game itself was very sloppy, almost to the point of embarrassment. I saw a Rich Eisen segment yesterday where he was saying how the NFL continues to get better and better and better. I guess I just see things in a different way. All the constant flags being thrown, the way so much is geared to the offense. Touchback on a KO? Let's bring it out to the 30 and make it even easier for them to score points! More points = more excitement, even if the game itself is incompetent and sloppy.

Obviously a lot of the sloppiness comes from weaker camps and less preseason play by the starters but I find it so annoying when a defense makes a play on 3rd down only for the yellow to stain the field, penalty, automatic first down. That roughing call for KC on 3rd and long was infuriating to me. Yes the lineman did touch Mahomes' head but I just wish they'd let them play sometimes and not give them easy get outs when the defense has done such a good job. 

And yes, I know we've benefitted from many Josh Allen flops on 3rd down, but even I sit there looking at the replay, shaking my head at how silly it's getting

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Look for a signing of Tannehil or Flacco (not sure if he's still under contract with the Browns)

I would say they try and find someone that fits and knows the scheme.

First guy that comes to mind is Jimmy Garrappolo.  He is the rams backup, plays for LaFleur's brother in Mcvay's offense.  GB would probably have to overpay to get him off the rams roster after they just signed him to a 1 year deal.  Not something GB does as an organization though.

after that I wonder if they would be interested in Davis mills in houston or Jake Browning in Cincy.  Browning is playing in the identical offense essentially.

there is no reason for houston or cincy to trade these players but if GB was willing to overpay they might be able to keep their season afloat until Love can return if that is even possible.