Packers @ Eagles in Brazil - Sept 6 at 8:15pm

Einstein

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Brazil has 2/3 the population of the United States, is in our time zone and loves sports. Owners are seeing dollar signs.

Actually São Paulo is one hour ahead of EST. It’s weird to think about but looking at the map, the eastern cost of South America is very far to the East of our eastern coast. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, rusty shackleford said:

Actually São Paulo is one hour ahead of EST. It’s weird to think about but looking at the map, the eastern cost of South America is very far to the East of our eastern coast. 

I hate geography and I hate goodell the nfl owner puppet 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

It is the commisioners job to be an owner puppet, haha. He works for them.

Yea I know - just hate him and this lame sales job of this game. Just play football and call the game. Stop trying to gag me w BS

4 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

Even still, I guess they will have 2pm kickoffs instead. The NFL has basically saturated the American market. They are looking for their next big place to expand to. England, Mexico, Brazil…

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Even still, I guess they will have 2pm kickoffs instead. The NFL has basically saturated the American market. They are looking for their next big place to expand to. England, Mexico, Brazil…

Can’t wait for the Beijing jaguars vs shang hai bills games!

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Best case is probably a high ankle sprain. That looked bad 

High ankle sprains sometimes are worse than ankle fractures .

Depending on severity you can be dunzo - prob not w tight rope surgery in a qb. But he loses his scrambling for sure if he comes back during season

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Canada! They at least actually like the sport. Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver to start. What they don’t seem to get is that they’ll never be more than a niche in traditional soccer countries. In England, for example, the NFL would be behind the soccer, Rugby, Cricket, and perhaps even darts and snooker. 

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I left it on  peacock thinking the postgame would be on and I look away for a minute and now Samuel Jackson is chewing a toothpick and pointing a gun at someone.  

Yeah me too… I was in the bathroom and I heard a bunch of MF’ers coming from the living room and was very confused.

Thought maybe Collisworth went off on a tangent or something. 

Edited by rusty shackleford
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

In my unprofessional medical opinion, that looked like a high ankle sprain.

Yeah , looked pretty painful as his ankle was forced down/ inward in a eversion or outward motion of his foot from the one look I saw.  At first with that much pain , a fracture looked possible.  But he was weight bearing walking off the field at the end  , limping but mostly unassisted.  That’s a great sign , but wont know  fully till X-rays prove no fractures ( he could still have a fractured fibula on the outside of the ankle as it’s a non weight bearing bone ) , but seeing him be weight bearing is really the best news in that scenario.  Plus the ligaments on the side that were most likely injured on the inside are thicker ligaments and less likely to tear.     

X-rays will be important and I don’t know if the NFL does an mri on every injury , but they probably will do one to assess the ligaments between the tib/ fib to search for high ankle injury damage you mentioned.  Once the Adrenalin wears off and he flies, he may be seen in a non weight bearing situation for 1, maybe two weeks.  
     He could be luckily with it just being a simple sprain  ( could even play next week) , or if it’s fractured or high ankle , he could be out 4-6 weeks.   Just ballpark. Main thing is seeing him weight bearing was a good prognosticator and hope the other diagnostic things turn out good.  Packers lost but could have lost their season with under 10 seconds left to play.  I’m glad beane brought in some insurance with white cus look at how close to disaster the pack came tonight.  ( I am in no way diagnosing or giving med advice, just for educational purposes only for interested fans as a convenience to avoid time consuming searches. Just an opinion based on extensive experience 😊✌️

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Canada! They at least actually like the sport. Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver to start. What they don’t seem to get is that they’ll never be more than a niche in traditional soccer countries. In England, for example, the NFL would be behind the soccer, Rugby, Cricket, and perhaps even darts and snooker. 

NFL has been hesitant to go into Canada due to the CFL