Dick Cheney Voting For Harris

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

No love lost on Cheney. The point is that the R party no longer exists. And many, still with power ( not Cheney himself tho he’s filthy rich) want to change that. As an ex R , I fully support that. 

We’re having a political realignment. 

Im sure it doesn’t bother you, but it should…

The Republicans defecting to the left are doing so because Democrats are now the party of war and corporations. 

The Democrats defecting to the right are doing so to protect free speech and push back against government control. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We’re having a political realignment. 

Im sure it doesn’t bother you, but it should…

The Republicans defecting to the left are doing so because Democrats are now the party of war and corporations. 

The Democrats defecting to the right are doing so to protect free speech and push back against government control. 

Nope. The Rs defecting to the D’s are mostly doing it temporarily to rid the country of trash. There are few traditional D’s defecting to trump’s party. They might ( and I might) if the R party returned to its tradition.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Nope. The Rs defecting to the D’s are mostly doing it temporarily to rid the country of trash. There are few traditional D’s defecting to trump’s party. They might ( and I might) if the R party returned to its tradition.

Are they?  Seems the entire Bush Administration now staffs MSNBC. 

Liz Cheney endorsing Colin Allred gives the game away..

These people were conservatives insofar as the party was beholden to corporate interests and the military industrial complex.   Now the Democrats own those descriptors, so one by one, we see them following the $$$ and turning blue. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Are they?  Seems the entire Bush Administration now staffs MSNBC. 

Liz Cheney endorsing Colin Allred gives the game away..

These people were conservatives insofar as the party was beholden to corporate interests and the military industrial complex.   Now the Democrats own those descriptors, so one by one, we see them following the $$$ and turning blue. 

Ah the military industrial complex. You think trump and his cronies aren’t a part?  Without our military superiority, our debt destroys us overnight. The dollar crashes and is no longer the dominant currency. Do you believe our military is just for defense?  That’s woke dude. It establishes us as the most formidable superpower. Do you actually believe that trump will cut the military budget?  Do away with all of “ my generals” that he so often bragged about?  You’re buying a bill of bad goods.  He’s stupid but not that stupid.   No, the  defecting Rs are part of the establishment that made America great. The rabble supporting trump are not globally competitive. They win and we all lose.  Not just the “elite”.  And I believe it was a conservative SCOTUS that equated corporations with people.   They were wrong but powerful corporations are a strength not a weakness.  But they require guardrails. 

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Ah the military industrial complex. You think trump and his cronies aren’t a part?  Without our military superiority, our debt destroys us overnight. The dollar crashes and is no longer the dominant currency. Do you believe our military is just for defense?  That’s woke dude. It establishes us as the most formidable superpower. Do you actually believe that trump will cut the military budget?  Do away with all of “ my generals” that he so often bragged about?  You’re buying a bill of bad goods.  He’s stupid but not that stupid.   No, the  defecting Rs are part of the establishment that made America great. The rabble supporting trump are not globally competitive. They win and we all lose.  Not just the “elite”.  And I believe it was a conservative SCOTUS that equated corporations with people.   They’re were wrong but powerful corporations are a strength not a weakness.  But they require guardrails. 

If this is your worry, it seems strange to be ok with a party remaining in power that has overseen the acceleration of BRICS. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If this is your worry, it seems strange to be ok with a party remaining in power that has overseen the acceleration of BRICS. 

Please educate me on D support for BRICS. It seems the Russians and Iranians are the biggest supporters. D’s generally see both countries as enemies.   Not sure about the party of trump

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/how-would-new-brics-currency-affect-us-dollar-updated-2024

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Please educate me on D support for BRICS. It seems the Russians and Iranians are the biggest supporters. D’s generally see both countries as enemies.   Not sure about the party of trump

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/how-would-new-brics-currency-affect-us-dollar-updated-2024

Policies such as sanctions and asset seizures and freezing are encouraging countries to de-dollarize their reserves and trade settlement out of the US dollar. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

No love lost on Cheney. The point is that the R party no longer exists. And many, still with power ( not Cheney himself tho he’s filthy rich) want to change that. As an ex R , I fully support that. 

It is a significant thing. When has a former Pres or VP endorsed a candidate from the opposite party?

I'm guessing "never." 

We know Cheney would hate a lot of what Kamala has stood for. He's been a rock solid Republican since the Nixon Administration. That's how unfit he believes Trump is to serve as President.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Tibs, you must be so proud…🤣🤣🤣

Thats the one endorsement you’ve been waiting for to solidify your vote…👍

The Democrat Party has quietly turned into the Neo-Con party…congrats…👍

I have no problem trading George Bush and Dick Cheney for RFK and Tulsi Gabbard…sign me up! 👍

You guys can have Darth Sidious! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It is a significant thing. When has a former Pres or VP endorsed a candidate from the opposite party?

I'm guessing "never." 

We know Cheney would hate a lot of what Kamala has stood for. He's been a rock solid Republican since the Nixon Administration. That's how unfit he believes Trump is to serve as President.

Chaney's endorsement is pure self interest. Because neocons such as Dick have lost almost all power inside the party. Perhaps the only hope of regaining control is dependent on Trump losing. A win locks them out for 4 more years. Possibly 8 or 12. He'll be dead and gone by then

Endorsements from DC swamp creatures of the political class only reinforce the resolve in people concluding the political class works only for the political class and their constituents and not the working American. 

Nothing about Harris could possibly appeal to the Chaney's other than her winning gets them back in control of the party. What they don't care about is neocons regaining control will result in losing the populist voter which will relegate the Republican party to perpetual second places results.

• Like (+1) 2