Spencer Brown signs 4 year extension

Big Blitz

On 9/6/2024 at 11:31 AM, NewEra said:

If it’s over 12M a year I’m gonna be bummed.  Have a feeling it’s way more that 12M a year.  Right tackles….not a fan of paying them big bucks

I agree.

He has played well, but we have some decent prospects in the pipeline and Beane has a history of over-paying with guaranteed money.

One of the reasons we have so much dead cap.

If Groot has the year we think he will have he will need to get paid to stay with us.

Not a cap guy, but curious how much dead cap we will carry next year.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

If Groot has the year we think he will have he will need to get paid to stay with us.

Not a cap guy, but curious how much dead cap we will carry next year.

Currently at $5M.  It will depend on what they do with Von Miller.  If he is cut early, it's another $15M if after June 1st it's another $6M.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/7/2024 at 7:14 PM, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I like the guy, but one season of good play from a guy with a history of back injuries worries me.  I thought he was good last season, but he got whooped on plenty and if it wasn’t for 17 being 17, he’d have been on the hook for a decent amount of sacks imo.  

after sleeping in it- I’ll be ok with it if 15M and under…..but I still think it’ll be 17-19, and that, I’m not cool with.  Hopefully he proves me wrong

You were right on about the price.

I like it, myself. And over the first two weeks I think he's played really well.

It's not a sure thing, I'd agree with that. But I like it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You were right on about the price.

I like it, myself. And over the first two weeks I think he's played really well.

It's not a sure thing, I'd agree with that. But I like it.

For sure-  I’m happy with the way he handles Phillips last night.  In years past, Phillips had his way with Spencer.  

I think my biggest worry with him has always been his back injury history, especially with a man that’s so tall.  Could turn out to be a nice deal for us if he stays healthy though.  

I don’t hate it-  I was just hoping we’d allocate more resources elsewhere. 

After watching last nights game, I’m starting to think we should just pick up UDFA’s and start them in the back 7.  Save money there and put it into the OL/WR/DL

Edited by NewEra