The chatter around the Worthy trade isn't rational

Success

When Hollywood Brown comes back he'll be WR4 and option 5 on their team. They will love him on those jet sweeps and when teams play zone... plus he is going to be useless against press man coverage because any CB can knock him down

56 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

What you saw throughout the game was Rice catching a pass in the middle of a wide open field because the safeties were retreating deep to cover Worthy. KC was missing that speed element to take off the cover last year. Now they have it and are better for their overall team. 

Do you have video to support that?  I'm not saying I dont believe you, I just didnt see it.  What I saw was Rice abusing LBs/slot coverage all night.  In fact, one play Baltimore actually dropped a safety low, and Mahomes delayed the throw so Rice could get behind.  I dont think Worthy was as impactful as you think there.

However, if you have video/screenshots, please share!

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

No matter how you want to slice it the Chiefs are a better run organization than our Bills. I’m happy we are competitive every year, which gives me hope for a Super Bowl, but the fact it was our ineptitude that gave them

Mahommes is gonna haunt this fan base forever. Worthy looks like he is going to be a threat to score every time he gets the ball. I said it before and I’ll say again we are living in a nightmare. 

I don't see it as a nightmare.  To me, it's just another test for this organization and fanbase - another challenge.  It's a higher wall we probably have to climb.

But that will make the payoff even better.  We'd all love to be fat & happy and have a couple of Lombardi's in the trophy case right now, but there is something that's still fun about the chase, at least for me.

I wouldn't have traded with a team I'm constantly hitting my head on, especially for the miniscule return we got. Especially knowing they wanted to take a position I also need there. Even if they told me "We like Worthy" and I dont...I just wouldnt do it period. Take your guy and move on.

55 minutes ago, Beast said:

See, all that to me is just speculative. There is a reason the Chiefs traded up. Why would they do that if they felt he would have been there if they stayed put? They had to have some intel that there was a definite possibility he’d be off the board.

Respectfully disagree they had intel.  Fans think GMs know more than they do in this regard.  

What they definitely know is more than just them need or want a WR and any team ahead of them…or behind them…can draft one (or move up to draft one) they covet ahead of their pick.  And the only way to assure themselves to get said player is make the move to go get him.

NE was calling teams to move up at the end of round 1 for example which later the reported rumor was they were after Coleman, but live in the draft they don't know who NE is after.  Look at Chicago when they paid a bounty to move up 1 spot swapping picks with SF just to get Trubisky.  SF was not going to take a QB, they did that to be sure someone else didn't trade with SF to get Trubisky.  

KC moved up to insure they got their guy because they felt the cost to do so was worth the price to be sure they got him.  Which happens every draft and its why teams move up.  If you ever listen to any current or past GM talk about this (and even Beane did too after this draft when discussing KC taking Worthy), the GM's never disclose the player they are after in those trade conversations.   

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

No matter how you want to slice it the Chiefs are a better run organization than our Bills. I’m happy we are competitive every year, which gives me hope for a Super Bowl, but the fact it was our ineptitude that gave them

Mahommes is gonna haunt this fan base forever. Worthy looks like he is going to be a threat to score every time he gets the ball. I said it before and I’ll say again we are living in a nightmare. 

The chiefs eked out a playoff win against us last year with aj klein forced into a big role and you make it sound like they’re obliterating us every time out 🤣 3 playoff games is still a very small sample size and they have come down to the wire and could’ve gone either way in two of them. 

it annoys me to no end how little credit Reid gets for mahomes’ success too.  If another team drafted mahomes he may not have reached the level he’s at now because he wouldn’t have come with Reid’s brain and moustache lol

Heck the guy made Alex smith look pro bowl caliber and Chad freakin henne led a playoff td drive for him 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFan said:

…. besides Samuel.

I would not put Samuel in that category. He may be able to used in many different ways but that is different than being a a guy that opens up the field. Samuel is going to catch screens and a lot of short passes, can be used in the run game. But he is not a field stretcher or a guy forcing the D to drop back coverage. 

5 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I wouldn't have traded with a team I'm constantly hitting my head on, especially for the miniscule return we got. Especially knowing they wanted to take a position I also need there. Even if they told me "We like Worthy" and I dont...I just wouldnt do it period. Take your guy and move on.

I don't know. To me, that's playing scared.  That's completely adjusting your draft and costing yourself an extra player (in this case, Cole Bishop - a safety we really need), because you're so intimidated and psychologically worn down by another team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Do you have video to support that?  I'm not saying I dont believe you, I just didnt see it.  What I saw was Rice abusing LBs/slot coverage all night.  In fact, one play Baltimore actually dropped a safety low, and Mahomes delayed the throw so Rice could get behind.  I dont think Worthy was as impactful as you think there.

However, if you have video/screenshots, please share!

No I’m just making it up. My lying eyes saw Rice ‘abusing LBs/slot coverage all night’ then turned upfield a good 5 yards before another defender was on screen. Unlike last year when Kelce and Rice made catches in the middle and was usually surrounded by defenders. 

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It’s only a matter of time before DCs play press coverage when Worthy is line up on the LOS, depending on the game situation. I haven’t changed my opinion one bit that he is an off ball receiver because he struggles against press coverage, especially against bigger, stronger CBs. Kudos to Mahomes for seeing the play, but it never would have happened if Worthy wasn’t allowed a free release. 

He didn‘t get a free release.  Marlon Humphrey jammed him.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't know. To me, that's playing scared.  That's completely adjusting your draft and costing yourself an extra player (in this case, Cole Bishop - a safety we really need), because you're so intimidated and psychologically worn down by another team.

was giving Von Miller that contract 'playing scared'? or was it realizing the Chiefs are the obstacle that needs to be overcome and decisions need to be made w that in mind

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Yea it feels like we’re battered and not thinking logically now lol the way some of these comments read you’d think the chiefs have been demolishing us in the playoffs every year.  With how close these games have been someone like Cole bishop could make the difference going forward 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

was giving Von Miller that contract 'playing scared'? or was it realizing the Chiefs are the obstacle that needs to be overcome and decisions need to be made w that in mind

I wouldn't call that apples to apples. I think the characterization you presented on that is accurate.

Not trading on draft day w/ KC - when it benefits you, but you just don't want a perception of helping KC - is more playing scared, imo.

• Agree 1

Just now, Success said:

I wouldn't call that apples to apples. I think the characterization you presented on that is accurate.

Not trading on draft day w/ KC - when it benefits you, but you just don't want a perception of helping KC - is more playing scared, imo.

it's not just the perception tho. if it were just the perception of helping them i would agree, but we very literally helped KC get their guy

No disrespect to anyone, but as of today the trade looks lopsided in favor of KC. People can rationalize and say Worthy only caught 2 passes, or he will be WR5 by mid year.. but fact is he was instant impact.  So we shall see.  If he often breaks like glass as some have predicted will happen, then it would swing back to the Bills favor but we’re not there. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Personally, if there is a guy that KC is willing to trade up to get and give us some extra ammo in the process, that’s a guy I think twice about giving them. 

I probably do the deal if I think the guy will end up sucking. I do not do the deal if I think the guy will hurt us come playoff time.

Edited by RoscoeParrish