Dorian Williams’ time to shine?

eball

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Very true.  I feel like the dorsey offense and the frazier defense were entirely too predictable.  The discipline and communication on defense made life miserable for a lot of teams, but they'd be exposed by better QBs/coaching/WRs. 

As for the offense under dorsey, it was somehow both too simple (felt like we didn't attack with many route concepts, and the red zone was just 5 wide, let allen do allen stuff) and too complicated?  The alerts, checks, and leverage calls for the WRs have you constantly thinking as a player.  The other aspect was how easy it was to manipulate those same checks to get buffalo to throw short, or force the read into a hole shot, or force the option route to the safety.  

Yes.  Line up and react to the defense.  Based off aligment and personal the defense could dictate what they wanted Buffalo to do.  Vs the defense is trying to do (x).  We will do this to put that player in conflict. Sprinkle in some shift or motion to avoid the defense from checking out of it.  First way can work but too much tape existed where tendencies became obvious. 

I was low key nervous about this from the moment Milano went down, but I actually think Buffalo Joe will be ok if Dorian isn't up to the challenge. There's also a chance he's fantastic - easily one of the most explosive players on the roster.

He is receiving all the reps with the first team in practice and has been able to get in a ton of work over the last few weeks.  I'm hoping this time has helped with his reads and really getting down what is expected of him on each. 

The good news is, even when he didn't know what he was doing, he doesn't play timid.  I just hope he play full speed and know his assignments better.  I'm hoping this is a blessing in disguise and we find out that they have excellent linebacker depth. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

He is receiving all the reps with the first team in practice and has been able to get in a ton of work over the last few weeks.  I'm hoping this time has helped with his reads and really getting down what is expected of him on each. 

The good news is, even when he didn't know what he was doing, he doesn't play timid.  I just hope he play full speed and know his assignments better.  I'm hoping this is a blessing in disguise and we find out that they have excellent linebacker depth. 

I honestly don’t understand why McD can’t just have Dorian key the run and be spy only for now. Let Bernard cover zone and bring in another db to cover where Dorian might eventually occupy 

On 9/6/2024 at 8:49 AM, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

So was Bernard from some of the biggest brained members here last year

I never thought he would turn out as good as he did, but the amount of negativity for a dude going into his 2nd year as if he was already a bust was insane. The one thing the Bills have done successfully as a franchise is acquiring great linebackers. I almost expect guys to pan out. Even Edmunds got a huge contract. 

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

Hasn’t looked good, but speed is definitely NOT the issue. 

He isn't getting to the ball because of his speed/grasp of the game. It's too fast for him to process, to play, to work.

Seeing it, understanding it, processing it, acting on it are easy to do from a distance and in replay.

In the moment the game is a blink of an eye.

23 minutes ago, boyst said:

He isn't getting to the ball because of his speed/grasp of the game. It's too fast for him to process, to play, to work.

Seeing it, understanding it, processing it, acting on it are easy to do from a distance and in replay.

In the moment the game is a blink of an eye.

Ok, agreed, it’s his processing speed. Thought you were referring to his ability to run. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, paulmm3 said:

Dorian Williams looks like the worst player on our 53 this week. He should not start

Over exaggerating so much. Hamlin has been terrible. Rapp has been spinning in circles. The entire interior D line rotation has been ineffective to generate either pressure or a barrier on Murray.

Kincaid has been missing.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1