Dorian Williams’ time to shine?

eball

One of the biggest stories heading into the season is how Dorian will fill Milano’s huge shoes.  I just read today’s article in The Buffalo News about his background, and it sure is hard not to root for this kid.  Really hoping for a Bernard-like awakening this season…he definitely has the tools and a good head on his shoulders.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7

I love rooting for this kid too but I am very scared hes not gonna be ready for McBride.  But on the plus side stopping the run is his strength and thats the key to this game.  I would consider using him in simulated and creeper pressures and drop a DE into coverage.  I dont know that you lose a lot in terms of coverage ability but you gain the element of surprise.  Lastly on obvious passing downs Edwards should come in.  Hopefully I'm wrong or as we get through the first part of the season he continues to grow (was satisfied with his improvement this offseason), but his tape to date is tough.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

on first down he'll be fine, then offenses will put him in conflict like crazy, throw it on him and he will struggle and learn.  will be a rough first half season

And this is what I expect as well. I'm hoping they let him play and take his lumps early in the season so they don't have to roll with AJ Klein down the stretch (again) because Williams still lacks any experience.

Have confidence fellow fans, we got this, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Williams and Hamlin are the only two pieces of the defense that is concerning to me.  To McD and Beane's credit, that's pretty impressive that we have 9 very solid other guys starting.

It's the tackling for me more than anything else. They've both taken a lot of bad angles, over pursued, and made some big mental mistakes. Hopefully he's been coached up and the year in the system has him ready to play. 

Losing Milano was such a gut punch (again).  

20 minutes ago, T.E. said:

He's a quintessential JAG.

And you've made this determination based upon what?  His rookie season as a raw, developmental player?  His athletic measurables are off the charts.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

And you've made this determination based upon what?  His rookie season as a raw, developmental player?  His athletic measurables are off the charts.

Didn't make a single significant play last year.

• Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Everybody thought Bernard would be terrible last year and now he’s everybody’s favorite player. Let’s hope lightning strikes twice.

We sure as heck could use that for sure. Getting your day 2 and 3 guys to be straight up ballers is so critical especially to a team against the cap. 

38 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I love rooting for this kid too but I am very scared hes not gonna be ready for McBride.  But on the plus side stopping the run is his strength and thats the key to this game.  I would consider using him in simulated and creeper pressures and drop a DE into coverage.  I dont know that you lose a lot in terms of coverage ability but you gain the element of surprise.  Lastly on obvious passing downs Edwards should come in.  Hopefully I'm wrong or as we get through the first part of the season he continues to grow (was satisfied with his improvement this offseason), but his tape to date is tough.  

If you are going to drop a DE in coverage best that it be A.J. Epenesa for he has shown he can make plays even when he is off the line.

• Agree 2

Just now, Punching Bag said:

If you are going to drop a DE in coverage best that it be A.J. Epenesa for he has shown he can make plays even when he is off the line.

I think Groot can do it a smidge (wanna disguise) but I agree AJ is the preference.

10 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I think Groot can do it a smidge (wanna disguise) but I agree AJ is the preference.

Watching the KC D get their arms up on every passing play made me wonder why we don't see more batted passes from our D.  Let's stop being such perfect gentlemen and instead focus on disrupting what the opposing O is trying to do.

They really liked him and thought he could develop into a weakside backer.  On defense give me speed and athleticism. Williams has the juice if he can get comfortable in the scheme I think he can be an improvement over Dodson last season.  I think Benard helps Williams along and ideally lets Williams play free next to him.  

• Like (+1) 1