This just in(not really)........Lamar Jackson is a below-average QB propped up by the Media

Special K

Can't read Defenses.

One read, then run it on nearly every play.

Most of the completions he did have were the result of great catches by his receivers of terrible throws.

Overthrows, throws into coverage, missing wide open receivers....I could go on and on.

He is nowhere near the level of Mahomes, Josh Allen or Joe Burrow, yet he is a 2 time MVP???

Give me a break.

I know some will disagree with me, but please tell me what you saw out there today(minus running the ball as many times as a RB in a game) that tells you he is on the same level as the top QB's in the league??

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 9
  • Agree 44
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

That game was a joke, and the announcers did nothing but praise Lamar Jackson all night long. Jackson continues to be what he is: a gifted runner and a limited passer.

And they are going to induct him into the hall of fame. Just watch.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 14

Harsh review, but difficult to disagree much when it comes to him operating a downfield passing attack ON TIME. 

Off-schedule, however, he's a maestro. It slows down for him once he forces 2nd and 3rd level defenders into conflict. Which is why the Ravens need to run the damned ball relentlessly and then capitalize on play-action and bootlegs and read-options and the like. Monken has had famous lapses the last two games when he didn't run the ball OR utilize enough play-action. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

9 minutes ago, Special K said:

Can't read Defenses.

Most of the completions he did have were the result of great catches by his receivers of terrible throws.

Overthrows, throws into coverage, missing wide open receivers....I could go on and on.

He is nowhere near the level of Mahomes, Josh Allen or Joe Burrow, yet he is a 2 time MVP???

Give me a break.

I know some will disagree with me, but please tell me what you saw out there today(minus running the ball as many times as a RB in a game) that tells you he is on the same level as the top QB's in the league??

Tua's a one read guy and everyone loves him too. Jalen Hurts too. Purdy too. 

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

That game was a joke, and the announcers did nothing but praise Lamar Jackson all night long. Jackson continues to be what he is: a gifted runner and a limited passer.

He’s a two time MVP. Of course they are.

are there any two time MVPs not in the Hall?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I don't know - he's also one of the most electric, fun-to-watch players in the league.  

Some other QB's would have been sacked 5-6 times tonight.  I don't know if there are too many guys who can improvise like he can.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

That's a very good defense he played 

Got them to within one single toe

Lamar haters are weirdos just like Allen haters

Bills fans hate on Lamar because he was drafted after Josh and has two MVPs. The implication being that the Bills made a mistake.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 10
  • Haha (+1) 6

Just now, Low Positive said:

Tua's a one read guy and everyone loves him too.  

I could replace Lamar Jackson with Tua in the title of the thread, and my comments would still be accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Special K said:

Can't read Defenses.

Give me a break.

He sure looked better than Allen did week 1 last season... And against a significantly better team.

If you're using THIS game to make any determinations about Lamar, that's ridiculous.

"Please tell me what you saw out there today..."

I don't need to reference anything from today, the Ravens last 6 seasons show me they're a much better team with Lamar in there, he's a 2 x MVP (even though he shouldn't be), and is still a top tier QB.

Do I think Josh is better? Hell yeah I do! But as someone once told me, you don't need to put out someone else's candle to make yours brighter. Do I think the media props Lamar up? Definitely. But in his early years, they were equally critical & nitpicky, just like they were with Josh.

So again, people judging Lamar off one game are the same kind of people who made a mockery of Allen week 1 last year. I'm not joining in with that group, even if I think Lamar is overrated.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Losing to the defending champs on the last play in a one score game after putting up 300 yards of offense makes you a BUM.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Special K said:

Can't read Defenses.

Give me a break.

Rank your top 32 QB’s and I will explain to you in excruciating and painful detail why Lamar is nowhere close to number 17 on that list.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If he hadn't missed a wide open Zay Flowers one play earlier, the throw to Likely(which was also a highly inaccurate throw, by the way) would not have been necessary.....which is exactly my point....he's not a good QB.

Edit: I don't hate Jackson, I hate how he is treated with kid gloves by the Media.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

It’s apologies for previous treatment of black qbs. Has to be. He’s not good let alone a 2x MVP. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

He sure looked better than Allen did week 1 last season... And against a significantly better team.

If you're using THIS game to make any determinations about Lamar, that's ridiculous.

"Please tell me what you saw out there today..."

I don't need to reference anything from today, the Ravens last 6 seasons show me they're a much better team with Lamar in there, he's a 2 x MVP (even though he shouldn't be), and is still a top tier QB.

Do I think Josh is better? Hell yeah I do! But as someone once told me, you don't need to put out someone else's candle to make yours brighter. Do I think the media props Lamar up? Definitely. But in his early years, they were equally critical & nitpicky, just like they were with Josh.

So again, people judging Lamar off one game are the same kind of people who made a mockery of Allen week 1 last year. I'm not joining in with that group, even if I think Lamar is overrated.

Not judging him off of one game, this is a pattern.

He crapped the bed in the playoffs vs. the Chiefs last year, and vs. the Bills in the playoffs a few years ago. He pads his stats vs. bad teams, then is exposed when he plays against good teams....it happens almost every time.

• Agree 4

14 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don’t hate Lamar at all.  I like him.  

He's fun.  

Good dude.  

Elite athlete.  Average QB.  Should NEVER have won MVP over Josh last season.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2