updated team valuations

mjd1001

EBIDTA is interesting (Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization)

Dallas at $550 million

New England at $250 million

Rams at $243 million

Majority of other teams (20 of them) at least $100 million 

Buffalo?  Dead last at just $29 million

Cincy is 2nd last next to Buffalo, but still almost 45% higher.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Imagine being worth more than $5 billion and still being near the bottom of the list. 😲

Right! I wonder how the new stadium will affect this as well in the coming years. I cant imagine it hurting.

21 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

EBIDTA is interesting (Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization)

Dallas at $550 million

Rams at $243 million

It's not clear how he takes the same revenue and similar debt to value as Forbes and comes up with only 29 million EBITDA to Forbes 's 101 million.

Also, he mentions the fact that the cost of the stadium is now around 2 billion--leaving Pegula with over a billion of his money to finance it....yet the debt % to value is only 7%?  How is that possible?  The PSL's are turning out to be a bust so is Ozanian figuring Terry will just write a check on for his chunk of the build cost and not incur any debt?  Seems very unlikely Pegula wants to part with that.

27 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Dallas at $550 million

Rams at $243 million

Getting that sweet sweet private equity firm money will never influence the league to relocate the Bills.  Never.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Dallas at $550 million

Rams at $243 million

The low ebidta could very well be due to the cap maneuvers and new contracts/bonuses paid out 

• Agree 1

Makes it obvious who the next 3 teams the NFL would like to move are. 

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Kind of interesting.  The top 16 teams in terms of value have won 68% of the Super Bowls.   Of the 11 teams who haven't won a Super Bowl 9 are in the bottom 16 in terms of value.

Probably means nothing but does lend some credence to the "NFL is fixed" crowd. 

Very interesting, but I wonder if those stats are different post salary cap?

15 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Kind of interesting.  The top 16 teams in terms of value have won 68% of the Super Bowls.   Of the 11 teams who haven't won a Super Bowl 9 are in the bottom 16 in terms of value.

wouldn't SB winning teams naturally be of more value to a potential buyer?  how does this fact help the conspiracy crowd?

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yeah, the Cowboys are really cranking out championships.  4 of the last 5 Super Bowls have been won by teams in the bottom 16.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The low ebidta could very well be due to the cap maneuvers and new contracts/bonuses paid out 

That’s true, I guess, but it’s the teams you’d expect at the top and the bottom. I’d hate to be a Bengals fan, because I think they are inherently screwed  by their ownership’s ability and willingness to put their best team on the field for the long term. They’ll be good with Burrow, but I doubt they can surround him with enough as players need to get paid. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not clear how he takes the same revenue and similar debt to value as Forbes and comes up with only 29 million EBITDA to Forbes 's 101 million.

Also, he mentions the fact that the cost of the stadium is now around 2 billion--leaving Pegula with over a billion of his money to finance it....yet the debt % to value is only 7%?  How is that possible?  The PSL's are turning out to be a bust so is Ozanian figuring Terry will just write a check on for his chunk of the build cost and not incur any debt?  Seems very unlikely Pegula wants to part with that.

No, it's whoever will be purchasing that minority stake in the team's money which will be financing it.

6 hours ago, Billl said:

Yeah, the Cowboys are really cranking out championships.  4 of the last 5 Super Bowls have been won by teams in the bottom 16.

Like I said probably means nothing however narrowing it down to 5 Super Bowls when one team has won 40% of the last 5 probably isn't the beat sample size.

Edited by thenorthremembers

23 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Dallas at $550 million

Rams at $243 million

I'm used to businesses being valued as a multiple of EBITDA.  If this method was used in the NFL, Buffalo's valuation should be by far the lowest.  

Though I'm not sure that this EBITDA number is correct.  Given how the NFL equally shares so much revenue, it seems odd that Buffalo's EBITDA would be a fraction of other teams.