Just to shoot the sarsaparilla, any other teams you guys are "in" on this year?

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Logic, if we don't use it how in the world do we draw in the 1890s-19 aughts crowd?

By gum, you really know your onions.

I was thinking you were just trying to wake snakes or tell a thumper, but I was probably just acting too high for my nut. Your thread title really is the cat's pajamas, so I've come to bury the hatchet. Here's hoping this thread is a really lally-cooler from here on out. And how!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

By gum, you really know your onions.

I was thinking you were just trying to wake snakes or tell a thumper, but I was probably just acting too high for my nut. Your thread title really is the cat's pajamas, so I've come to bury the hatchet. Here's hoping this thread is a really lally-cooler from here on out. And how!

Logic, come Sunday I am throwing on my dungarees, team color appropriate tunic and my tatonka chapeau and me and my kin are getting our game on!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Raiders - The coaching is much improved. Wilkins adds a great piece to their d line. Minshew is better than both QBs they had last year. Bowers is an x factor.

Chargers - Harbaugh factor. 

Cardinals - Murray didn't play half of last season and they were .500 when he played. They got better adding Harrison Jr and other pieces.

Commanders - I think they just barely miss the playoffs. Daniels will be a huge plus for them this year. They did add alot of free agent pieces. I think they need another year to fix the offensive line and secondary but they should be much improved. 

Edited by ProcessImproverMan

Team I'm in on: Green Bay... all above the Love Train. I am increasingly of the view that the Bears are going to be good though too. NFC North to arguably be the best division in football and send three teams to the playoffs. 

Team I'm out on: Take your pick between Chargers and Colts. Chargers receivers suck and the Colts only top level player remains a left guard. 

Houston Texans.

In a few short years, they went from a disaster franchise with their perverted handjob QB holding out, "run" by this bizarre charlatan Jack Easterby with some bizarre Rasputin like grip on the dimwit owner Cal McNair. The Texans lost most of their fan base, things were so bad they let perennial fan favorite just leave the team.

Now they are letting Cal's wife effectively be the face of the franchise, they fired two inept coaches, gold a kings Ransom for Deshaun Watson.  Laast year went to the playoff with a resounding first playoff win by 29 points.  They had rookie of the year in CJ Stroud, defensive rookie of the year, up and coming one of the best coaches in the NFL in Demeco Ryans.  Now the Texans are stock with young talent with a cheap rookie QB contract and for whatever it is worth they have our "favorite son" Stefon Diggs.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

So I've thought about it a little bit longer.

...You Googled "sarsaparilla" to make sure you spelled it right, didn't you?

There's no way you just nailed that one on your own.

Amazing what you can find out on the TBD message board.

I have said "sasparilla" my entire life, I never knew it was actually "sarsparilla".

Aight here is who I am high on and not based off months of doing season simulators:

High:

AFC

Jets- I get peoples questions given the history of the franchise and injury Rodgers has had, valid and real. To me though they finished 31st in points scored and have been bottom 5 in QB play forever. The defense is great and the skill pieces are there where if Rodgers is just like middle of the road which isn't a tall ask and plays 15 games they win 10-11 games. Middle of the road offenses in terms of ppg included KC/JAX/HOU/GB/IND. The schedule also is very friendly this year. I do not think they make the SB, but I think they take the division off tie breaker and win a game which still is a pretty good year

Texans- Could care less about Diggs addition, the rest of the team is just very solid and building really well. The schedule is favorable and they seemed poised to make a run.

NFC

Rams- They are actually my super bowl pick, they reloaded back to back offseasons with a ton of great young talent with the best NFC coach IMO and a great QB who is healthy. I think the 49ers win 11 but break early in the post season as the Rams beat them for the division and the stress/pressure of years being oh so close finally takes it toll.

*Lions- Not really sure how people can be high on them when they were great last year but I do think they match the hype and take the 1 seed. Just don't ask me who I think knocks them out come conference title game otherwise the cowardly lion will cry

Low

AFC

Miami- Despite the fact I have defended them in terms of max potential on this board, I think the reality is Tua just had a great season with Hill healthy throughout who is another year older. They still lost the division and flamed out when it mattered. Now the team has lost some great players like Hunt and Wilkins, injuries already exist for Ramsey and ODB and your having a tougher schedule. Additionally while the offense still may hum, asking it to do last year again feels like a tall order. An 8-9 finish missing the playoffs with a loss to the Jets week 18 just seems poetic at this point.

Cleveland- They were 6-2 in one score games with a great defense and nice (lucky though) QB play which went pumpkin in the playoffs. CIN gets Burrow back BAL is solid, so at best their 3rd in division. I think the floor drops and they go 7-10 never really being a serious playoff team as the QB play is too much for another year of coaching/solid D and fortune to favor them again. Irony of Irony is this team keeping Baker with this roster.

*Cincy- Playoff team yes, but Burrow does return again from injury and he is now down to Chase/Higgins with Boyd gone. The cheapness of ownership is showing again with the handling of the WR contracts which sure they will say isn't a distraction to the team, but it rarely goes well internally when the 2nd best player on the team feels slighted on what he is owed. To me they have an up and down year just making it in before losing in the wildcard with what feels like the last year of the group they've had as the cap and ownership especially artificially lower a widow for a team which should be wider.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My dark horse team is the Bears. In the bold predictions thread I predicted them to win the NFC North. They have a top 5 group of offensive weapons, an exciting young QB that can rely on his physical skills while he learns the mental game, and a defense that statistically performed extremely well down the stretch last year. They are also graced with a 4th place schedule which really helps in what should be a tight division. In their first 9 games the only opponent I see as them being a true underdog against is the Texans and even that is not by much.

Their schedule is very strange in one aspect - all 6 of their division games come in the final 8 weeks of the season. I think they can be 7-2 or 6-3 at that point and control their destiny to 1st place in the division, and by then a relatively young team should be hitting its stride.

• Like (+1) 2

Call me crazy with this one: the chiefs.  I hate cheating Brady and the cheating pats.  Mahomes and the chiefs are better than those cheaters ever were.  If the bills don’t win, I’d like the chiefs to 3 peat and put any talk of the cheaters and cheating Brady being the GOAT completely to bed.  

Fahck Brady he is a cheater and so freaking over rated.