Just to shoot the sarsaparilla, any other teams you guys are "in" on this year?

If I have to pick one, and I a not saying they are great, but I think I am in on the Falcons this year.

At the very least, and that division is the least, I think they can win it.  I like the Bucs, but I am not drinking the Kool Aid that many seem to be drinking around the country...including one site having them above the Bills (come on). I am also not of the crowd that thinks Cousins is a joke.  I think he is a strong, quality starter even if he isn't "next level" and I think he will be able to do quite a bit with those parts he has in Atlanta.  Plus, he is an easy to root for good guy.

Just killing time before kickoff, but what are a couple of teams, unexpected or otherwise, that have your eye headed into the season?

I didn't really look at all because that is a right of mine as a Member of this Board, but if this is a repeat of another thread, Mods, please feel free to delete this.

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Detroit Lions in the NFC.

Houston Texans in the AFC

Greg, I have ben pulling for Detroit since Campbell ending the losing streak.  One of my favorite teams in the league, but it has been like that for awhile now.

Texans...I watched the entirety of The Game last year from CJ.  You can't love football without loving this kid.

• Agree 1

I could see 5 teams winning the NFC

San Fran

Green Bay

Detroit

Atlanta

Tampa

I am personally rooting for Tampa because I think it would be hilarious for Cleveland to have dumped Baker for Watson, then have Baker take the Bucs to the SB

I think Tennesse is going to be better than people think. Levis is a fun dude to watch and tough as nails. He reminds me of Allen with his playstyle. If he can get some good coaching and polish up a bit, I think he will be a star

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the Seahawks are going to surprise some people this year.  Not saying they are a Super Bowl team, but they have a lot of top-end talent on both sides of the ball. Gino Smith, of course, is no franchise QB but I think he does enough to get them to the playoffs. I also think Mike McDonald is going to be a good head coach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am in on Detroit this year for NFC champs and the Chicago Bears for the most improved.

I think in the AFC the obvious pick is the Texans to be that new up an comer.... and as far as improvement I actually like the Chargers to improve this year. 

Step back teams 

NFC - Dallas - I just think they are ageing, with a core that hasnt gotten it done, and some significant players coming off of  significant injuries 

AFC -  Dolphins - I think the losses on Defense, the injuries on Defense, the new Tua contract, the rules changes on forward motion at the snap,  Hill getting older, Waddle seems to always be hurt.... expose them and they are only fringe  contenders for the AFCE. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JP51 said:

I am in on Detroit this year for NFC champs and the Chicago Bears for the most improved.

I think in the AFC the obvious pick is the Texans to be that new up an comer.... and as far as improvement I actually like the Chargers to improve this year. 

Step back teams 

NFC - Dallas - I just think they are ageing, with a core that hasnt gotten it done, and some significant players coming off of  significant injuries 

AFC -  Dolphins - I think the losses on Defense, the injuries on Defense, the new Tua contract, the rules changes on forward motion at the snap,  Hill getting older, Waddle seems to always be hurt.... expose them and they are only fringe  contenders for the AFCE. 

Chargers is a good call.  I think Harbaugh will get the most out of Justin Herbert and will remind people just how incompetent Brandon Staley was.  Also, their early schedule is extremely soft and could allow them to start 5-1 or 6-1.

In the AFC: 

Jets... IMO they will the #1 contender the Bills need to deal with for the AFC East crown.

Dolphins are a video game team, but that only works for so long, as we've seen. 

In the NFC:

Rams: they seem to have retooled and added a lot of young talent

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Chargers is a good call.  I think Harbaugh will get the most out of Justin Herbert and will remind people just how incompetent Brandon Staley was.  Also, their early schedule is extremely soft and could allow them to start 5-1 or 6-1.

Agreed I think JH makes a difference in JH LOL... I also like Herberts skill set, I think if he is managed properly he can be dangerous... Not saying they contend in the Chiefs world... but to me if something happens to Mahomes they are the next in line in that division. 

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

In the AFC: 

Jets... IMO they will the #1 contender the Bills need to deal with for the AFC East crown.

Dolphins are a video game team, but that only works for so long, as we've seen. 

In the NFC:

Rams: they seem to have retooled and added a lot of young talent

I like Detroit, but not gonna lie... the Rams are gonna be something to be dealt with... I like this call. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I could see 5 teams winning the NFC

San Fran

Green Bay

Detroit

Atlanta

Tampa

I am personally rooting for Tampa because I think it would be hilarious for Cleveland to have dumped Baker for Watson, then have Baker take the Bucs to the SB

I think Tennesse is going to be better than people think. Levis is a fun dude to watch and tough as nails. He reminds me of Allen with his playstyle. If he can get some good coaching and polish up a bit, I think he will be a star

I like a guy who can hold his mayo but I just dont think hes a very good quarterback.

• Agree 1