Which 2024 WR the Bills could have drafted will have the best career

This post may annoy some folks, but given our cap situation, was Beane efforts to drop from the first round partially cap motivated? 

I was looking at Worthy’s contract and his cap hit is 700k more than Coleman’s.  That might not seem like a lot, but for a team now operating with 3.7 million in cap space for the remainder of the of season it is a big deal.  In fact, it’s nearly 20% of the available cap space. 

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This sums up the problem with receiver. It’s a completely dependent position. I like the guys who play with Mahomes and Allen better than the other guys. 

It was one game but man, it’s tough watching Worthy make plays like that. If there is one thing this offense misses is speed that doesn’t cover themselves (MVS good guy, bricks for hands). 

Worthy scored on a gadget run play, we all knew he would be able do that sometimes in the NFL, no surprise there. Aside from a receiving TD, on which he was left completely uncovered, he had 1 catch for 12 yards & had trouble getting off press. I'm not worried that we passed on him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 947 said:

Worthy scored on a gadget run play, we all knew he would be able do that sometimes in the NFL, no surprise there. Aside from a receiving TD, on which he was left completely uncovered, he had 1 catch for 12 yards & had trouble getting off press. I'm not worried that we passed on him.

This seems like a lot of cope. We would be losing our minds if Coleman had that debut. 

and that’s the whole point of having a guy like Worthy. His presence alone is going to put defenses on edge. Kelce will get more open now. 

KC won 2 SBs after trading away the most dangerous (and biggest scumbag) wr in the game away. If Worrhy is a C version of Hill, that is going to be really tough to deal with. 

• Agree 4

46 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

This post may annoy some folks, but given our cap situation, was Beane efforts to drop from the first round partially cap motivated? 

I was looking at Worthy’s contract and his cap hit is 700k more than Coleman’s.  That might not seem like a lot, but for a team now operating with 3.7 million in cap space for the remainder of the of season it a big deal.  In fact, it’s nearly 20% of the available cap space. 

I am not thinking Beane was gonna pass on a player he wanted cause of the CAP hit for that kinda money. I think Beane wanted a bigger WR to get 50/50 balls. That being said, I am still not convinced he wouldnt have been a better pick, but I figure give it a season before I begin to contemplate that. 

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This seems like a lot of cope. We would be losing our minds if Coleman had that debut. 

and that’s the whole point of having a guy like Worthy. His presence alone is going to put defenses on edge. Kelce will get more open now. 

KC won 2 SBs after trading away the most dangerous (and biggest scumbag) wr in the game away. If Worrhy is a C version of Hill, that is going to be really tough to deal with. 

Rice was the guy who benefited from it yesterday.  Worthy ran clear out after clear out taking the Safety with him, and Rice ran through the vacancy in the middle all night.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Billl said:

Rice was the guy who benefited from it yesterday.  Worthy ran clear out after clear out taking the Safety with him, and Rice ran through the vacancy in the middle all night.

This is why a lot of people here wanted him.  Clear outs and a weapon to help utilize Allen’s arm. 

If I had to guess, playing y’all is what scared us away from him and towards Coleman (and to a lesser extent, a Mack Hollins).

We've watched our outside WR’s get clamped, beat up and out-physicaled in the playoffs by the Chiefs.  Diggs very much included.

So they went with bigger body more physical WR’s in Coleman, Hollins & MVS outside.  

Nobody has any idea what this new offense will look like for us, but I don’t think our FO/staff was interested in drafting a guy with Worthy’s build.  

Hes NOT Tyreek Hill.. that guy is a 1 of 1, but Worthy certainly looked the part last night. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is why a lot of people here wanted him.  Clear outs and a weapon to help utilize Allen’s arm. 

If I had to guess, playing y’all is what scared us away from him and towards Coleman (and to a lesser extent, a Mack Hollins).

We've watched our outside WR’s get clamped, beat up and out-physicaled in the playoffs by the Chiefs.  Diggs very much included.

So they went with bigger body more physical WR’s in Coleman, Hollins & MVS outside.  

Nobody has any idea what this new offense will look like for us, but I don’t think our FO/staff was interested in drafting a guy with Worthy’s build.  

Hes NOT Tyreek Hill.. that guy is a 1 of 1, but Worthy certainly looked the part last night. 

Hollins and MVS are great lockerroom guys, but if those are your answers, you need to ask better question. Hopefully, Coleman emerges but the lack of a good downfield threat puts a burden on the offense imo. 

1 hour ago, 947 said:

But he looked so damn good on that busted coverage where the DBs miscommunicated and no one was within 10 yards of him. I mean, no one without 4.2 speed like Worthy, AKA Ty Hill 2.0 X 5, could have pulled that off!

On 9/5/2024 at 8:43 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Worthy

Pearsall

Legette 

Coleman

McConkey

Polk 

There is no right or wrong answer but of these 6 guys that the Bills had very similar kinda grades on and had the opportunity to draft… who simply has the best career as I really like Keon but I could easily see Legette becoming Bryce Young’s number 1 receiver almost immediately. 

I'm for sure no pro evaluator when it comes to the draft but my first pick that i wanted the Bills to get was Legette and that was due to his college out put along with the hype from the "experts" . McConkey was another favorite & since the draft i've heard good things still about him .

It's hard to choose 1 & i hope that Coleman for all the obvious reasons is the one that comes out on top but i feel those two i mentioned could have really good rookie years .

There's a lot of denial in this thread about Worthy.

I get it, we traded our biggest rival for the chance to get him, therefore we're invested in him not panning out.

But who do you trust more to identify potential offensive weapons in the draft & then make best use of them - Sean McDermott or Andy Reid?

The Bills probably got the WR *WE* could make best use of, but I have a feeling Reid will maximize Worthy's skills more than McDermott & Brady would have. And if the Chiefs brass are willing to trade a 3rd round pick to the Bills just to take the guy, you have to think "hmmm, maybe they're onto something."

McDermott is the guy that made the call to go into a season with Nathan Peterman as the starter ahead of Josh Allen, with zero veteran QBs on the roster. The Chiefs are the team that has never finished worse than AFC Championship game with Mahomes.

I'm gonna go out on a limb & say Worthy will have the better career, at least for a few years, and Coleman will develop over time. As long as he does more than Elam, I'll be fine.

On 9/5/2024 at 8:43 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Worthy

Pearsall

Legette 

Coleman

McConkey

Polk 

There is no right or wrong answer but of these 6 guys that the Bills had very similar kinda grades on and had the opportunity to draft… who simply has the best career as I really like Keon but I could easily see Legette becoming Bryce Young’s number 1 receiver almost immediately. 

Wrong question. Which team will get the most out the person they drafted on their rookie contract is the correct question?