Which 2024 WR the Bills could have drafted will have the best career

41 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Worthy. The Chiefs are geniuses and he has the best football player in the history of the sport throwing to him. Offensive rookie of the year

We traded for him? 😉

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Worthy.

I don't necessarily think that would be the answer if he had been drafted to just any team. But playing for Andy Reid -- who has proven to be able to get high level production from guys like Worthy (think DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Tyreek Hill) -- and with Mahomes as his QB?

I think he'll be a Pro Bowler and a star in this league.

I'm still irritated that the Bills chose Coleman over him. The name of the game in the 2024 NFL seems to be speed and separation. Big-bodied guys who create less separation but "win at the catch point" seem to be going the way of the dinosaurs. And yet...

I'm still irritated that with a WR class so deep, we settled on one...........one, for christs sakes.

I really think that Coleman will be more than adequate for us, however, there is no reason why we couldn't have double-dipped in the WR pool, but alas, we have been over this issue pre-draft, post draft, etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Worthy

Pearsall

Legette 

Coleman

McConkey

Polk 

There is no right or wrong answer but of these 6 guys that the Bills had very similar kinda grades on and had the opportunity to draft… who simply has the best career as I really like Keon but I could easily see Legette becoming Bryce Young’s number 1 receiver almost immediately. 

I’m still not completely sold that the “everybody eats” mentality is going to work on the team.  At point, they’ll need a true WR1 and that’s why I was hoping they’d draft multiple WR’s.  Ideally I wanted Legette and Worthy.  

I was ok with the Coleman selection as most had him mocked as a high-to-mid 2nd round selection.   But the WR I really wanted was Javon Baker from New England who many regarded as an underrated prospect.  Right now he seems to be somewhat buried on the NE depth chart

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

Worthy.

I don't necessarily think that would be the answer if he had been drafted to just any team. But playing for Andy Reid -- who has proven to be able to get high level production from guys like Worthy (think DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Tyreek Hill) -- and with Mahomes as his QB?

I think he'll be a Pro Bowler and a star in this league.

I'm still irritated that the Bills chose Coleman over him. The name of the game in the 2024 NFL seems to be speed and separation. Big-bodied guys who create less separation but "win at the catch point" seem to be going the way of the dinosaurs. And yet...

There were also a couple of big bodied WR’s with good speed and separation too.  Would have been nice to drafted one

• Like (+1) 1

Im putting Brian Thomas Jr on the list.  I know Beane said he tried trading up for him, but didn't want to give up his 2nd.  But he never mentioned using one of the 2d round picks he has next year.  They could have traded up before Jax took him.

If not, Mitchell, if he gets his head out his butt and keeps his diabetes under control. 

I like (not love) the Coleman pick but I still feel we made a mistake not trading up a few slots to go after Thomas or Mitchell.  Both those guys have the speed outside we needed desperately. We're going to have to hope Coleman can fight off every 50/50 ball.

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I like (not love) the Coleman pick but I still feel we made a mistake not trading up a few slots to go after Thomas or Mitchell.  Both those guys have the speed outside we needed desperately. We're going to have to hope Coleman can fight off every 50/50 ball.

Thomas is gonna be a star and would've been a bona fide WR1 here.

I would've been fine with giving up an extra pick for him.

Instead, in my opinion, we got a potential long term WR2, and will still be WR1 shopping next year.

I think Worthy is currently in the best situation he doesnt need to be the guy but clearly has a role. Combined with Reids offense and PM he to me has to be the odds on favorite if he stays healthy. 

5 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

The thing with Legette (and I liked him a lot) is that he's already 24 so how long of a career can be really have? I think McConkey will be very productive but I'm definitely liking Coleman's presence is late season and playoff games where holding is never called, assuming he learns to make his size work for him.

yea because an nfl team should worry about keeping a rookie WR for 10 years 

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

AD Mitchell, although I'm hoping Coleman can be Dez Bryant-like.

I think of the ones taken after, he is the one I had the most interest in prior, and still wonder about post draft

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Thomas is gonna be a star and would've been a bona fide WR1 here.

I would've been fine with giving up an extra pick for him.

Instead, in my opinion, we got a potential long term WR2, and will still be WR1 shopping next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Thomas was their target in Round 1 and hoped he’d fall closer to 28.  They either could trade up or didn’t want to give up the draft picks to move up.   Could probably say the same thing about Rome who seems like a perfect fit in Buffalo.  

I believe the reports that they rated the rest of the WR crop similarly and traded back knowing they’d get someone early on Day 2.  

Like RB’s, I always wondered whether Beane and McDermott undervalue WR’s.  Not to say they dismiss them but they aren’t going to take the big swing to land one.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I wanted Ladd McConkey after day 1 was over.  

Me too, but I didn’t think he’d be the pick.  I wanted Ladd, Mitchell or my crush Polk.  

Wasn’t happy with the pick of Coleman.  Seeing who the person is has helped

me come around to it.  Great kid and can be a real weapon if he’s used correctly.  Only going to get stronger and better at running routes. 

14 minutes ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

Worthy, assuming he stays healthy. 

Gonna be snagging bombs from Mahomes and stressing / creating space in coverages for years to come…

I agree….as long as his body can hold up.  

Edited by NewEra

5 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Worthy has the best chance but will be injury prone. Small and fast receivers don't last long.

Pearsall is buried behind good receivers; He'll be good for another team.

Legette and Polk will have growing pains with their young QBs; their teams will rebuild again.

Coleman has to wait (like Shakir) and will probably be a solid #2 like Davis.

McConkey will be pushed to succeed early. Chargers have no one else.

I see success as getting a second contract. McConkey will get paid.

Yeah, pretty much this.

I think we made the right choice, and Coleman will be a strong contributor for the Bills.

That said, of the WR’s we didn’t take, I think McConkey will have the best career.  

35 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Thomas was their target in Round 1 and hoped he’d fall closer to 28.  They either could trade up or didn’t want to give up the draft picks to move up.   Could probably say the same thing about Rome who seems like a perfect fit in Buffalo.  

I believe the reports that they rated the rest of the WR crop similarly and traded back knowing they’d get someone early on Day 2.  

Like RB’s, I always wondered whether Beane and McDermott undervalue WR’s.  Not to say they dismiss them but they aren’t going to take the big swing to land one.  

I agree that Thomas was the last of their Tier 1 or 1.5 guys, and the rest were all grouped together and they were happy with any of them.

I also agree that they didn't want to give up any draft picks this year, and that's why they didn't trade up for Thomas. It's a shame, in my opinion, because I view Thomas as being on another level in terms of ceiling and superstar potential, and the idea of a bona fide, field-stretching WR1 would've been worth giving up an extra draft pick, particularly if a 2025 pick could've gotten the deal done.

Edited by Logic

14 hours ago, Allen2D̶i̶g̶g̶s̶TBD said:

I think Jalen McMillan and Jermaine Burton will be steals. I really wish we double-dipped at wr in a draft class with so much depth.

If these are completely separate statements - that you think McMillan and Burton will be steals and that you wish we Drafted more than one WR, that's fair.

But if you're saying we should have Drafted one of them too, that wasn't a possibility without a trade up that would have cost us not just Dewayne Carter, but another player we picked too. They both went between our pick of Coleman and our next pick.

EDIT: I forgot (and often do) that we had 2 2nd Round Picks and took S Cole Bishop at 6p. My mistake. I wasn't a fan of that pick, but hopefully he proves me wrong.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Ladd McConkey.  He's a football-smart WR already skilled at route running, and will only get better.  As speed dissipates with age and injury, the skill in being exactly where your quarterback thinks (hopes?) you'll be is what will keep you gainfully employed.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If these are completely separate statements - that you think McMillan and Burton will be steals and that you wish we Drafted more than one WR, that's fair.

But if you're saying we should have Drafted one of them too, that wasn't a possibility without a trade up that would have cost us not just Dewayne Carter, but another player we picked too. They both went between our pick of Coleman and our next pick.

Rotational DT’s and backup RB’s luckily are everywhere.