Which 2024 WR the Bills could have drafted will have the best career

Worthy ...

We passed on Mahomes, traded with the Chiefs so they could take him ... Has 3 SB Rings.

We passed on Creed Humphrey at Center and took Boogie ... Humphrey = best C in the game,  Boogie played 1 year for us.

We traded with the Chiefs so they could take Worthy ... TBD

• Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, LEBills said:

Worthy is the most likely answer bc he has an elite QB and elite Offensive head coach. If he went somewhere else he would have a bigger uphill battle. Second place is AD Mitchell. I think Steichen is a good offensive head coach and Mitchell was always very talented, his drop was about character.

Worthy just screams injury risk but when he's on the field I think he's going to be a good player. I just don't think Worthy is going to be able to stay healthy at his size and playing at his speed. I also like McConkey's chances after this season to be a good WR as his situation with Herbert and Harbaugh seems like it could allow him to put up good numbers. 

• Agree 1

I can’t fault them for not getting up for the top 3 and I’m not going to punish them for the guys they passed on around the same area as Coleman BUT there were so many from late round 2 on they could’ve traded up or down a little bit for that will have good careers because this was a great WR class:

AD Mitchell

Jermaine Burton

Troy Franklin

Tez Walker

Roman Wilson

Javon Baker

Luke Mccafrey 

Brendan Rice

Ainais Smith

Malik Washington

Bub Means

Jalen McMillan 

Jamari Thrash

These are all guys I think will be good WRs in this league for years to come that we could’ve easily had

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

Worthy ...

We passed on Mahomes, traded with the Chiefs so they could take him ... Has 3 SB Rings.

We passed on Creed Humphrey at Center and took Boogie ... Humphrey = best C in the game,  Boogie played 1 year for us.

We traded with the Chiefs so they could take Worthy ... TBD

2022 The Chiefs took Skyy Moore in Round 2 and 3 rounds we took Khalil Shakir.

Same draft Chiefs take CB Joshua Williams in Round 4, two rounds we take CB Christian Benford.

All teams make draft mistakes.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

I think now is fine. 10 minutes after I heard the news I posted that Beane dodged a bullet by trading back and not picking him. Now that was too soon.

I was worried people around here were going to be too sensitive. I didn't want to crash and burn like Rashee Rice

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

Rotational DT’s and backup RB’s luckily are everywhere. 

Saying you'd give up Dewayne Carter and Ray Davis for Jalen McMillan or Jermaine Burton is a fair opinion to have. Unfortunately, it wasn't a decision he agreed with or something that he wasn't able to do.

On RB's, I tend to agree with you. On decent 3-Tech DT's, I wouldn't. Pre-Draft, the market was bone dry. DeShawn Williams represented the best of the few that were left on a very thin market Pre-Draft. He didn't make the team. That and the fact that the Draft was heavy on 1 Tech's but light on 3's, was the reason there was a run on them in Round 2. Some over drafted.

Carter was literally the last one left that I felt was a Day 2 Pick and I liked him more than a couple of the guys who went in Round 2. With the way we rotate DT's, only having Williams (who was cut) behind Oliver, and the quality of guys on Day 3 - I don't agree with the concept of just putting anyone in that spot, which is essentially what we'd be doing if we hadn't taken him.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Saying you'd give up Dewayne Carter and Ray Davis for Jalen McMillan or Jermaine Burton is a fair opinion to have. Unfortunately, it wasn't a decision he agreed with or something that he wasn't able to do.

On RB's, I tend to agree with you. On decent 3-Tech DT's, I wouldn't. Pre-Draft, the market was bone dry. DeShawn Williams represented the best of the few that were left on a very thin market Pre-Draft. He didn't make the team. That and the fact that the Draft was heavy on 1 Tech's but light on 3's, was the reason there was a run on them in Round 2. Some over drafted.

Carter was literally the last one left that I felt was a Day 2 Pick and I liked him more than a couple of the guys who went in Round 2. With the way we rotate DT's, only having Williams (who was cut) behind Oliver, and the quality of guys on Day 3 - I don't agree with the concept of just putting anyone in that spot, which is essentially what we'd be doing if we hadn't taken him.

We have been signing bums like Tim Settle and Vernon Butler to do nothing as rotational 3T’s the entire Beane era. 

I really find it hard to believe it was impossible to find a complete zero to fill the role of complete zero.

Carter will have very little impact this season. Just like his predecessors.

27 minutes ago, mollymalonesmafia said:

Why? What has he done? Im curious. Did cookie interviews. 

Give him a break. He also likes bubble jackets in bright colors and he has corny jokes that he says over and over and over and over and over…. like “tiger wishhecould”

10 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Worthy just screams injury risk but when he's on the field I think he's going to be a good player. I just don't think Worthy is going to be able to stay healthy at his size and playing at his speed. I also like McConkey's chances after this season to be a good WR as his situation with Herbert and Harbaugh seems like it could allow him to put up good numbers. 

Agreed-  especially running THAT fast.  Sheesh.  That said, he might not ever touched with the ball in his hand.  🤣 

Reid is a mastermind and will put him in position to dominate - until he breaks