Beyond Blue and Red: Terrel Bernard

elroy16

31 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I wrote on another thread that the Bills roster didn't have any stars other than Josh.

But I think Bernard will become a star this year. 

He played like a Tasmanian Devil last year and he's got the work ethic and seriousness.  His mom mentioned he has a master's degree.  Many college players don't even earn their bachelor's.  This kid is different.  His extraordinary commitment to film study probably has a lot to do with his being named our sole defensive captain.  

I love anyone who's over-the-top enthusiastic about the Bills as long as they're not a murderer or rapist.  

I know it's not the same position but I see a bit of Troy Polamalu in his game.  His instincts are off the chart

• Like (+1) 2

When I see a guy who made plays like Bernard did in college, who was a film junkie AS A MIDDLE SCHOOLER, who has always been a "first in the building, last to leave", natural leader of men, I think....

How on earth did he last until the third round?

I know, I know. Size. He was considered small or slight for a linebacker. But...man oh man did he look like a star out there at times last year.

I think it speaks VOLUMES that he was made the sole captain of the defense. In just his second year starting, no less. Very, very impressive.

Can't wait to see this kid play this year. Here's hoping Dorian Williams follows suit...

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

When I see a guy who made plays like Bernard did in college, who was a film junkie AS A MIDDLE SCHOOLER, who has always been a "first in the building, last to leave", natural leader of men, I think....

How on earth did he last until the third round?

I know, I know. Size. He was considered small or slight for a linebacker. But...man oh man did he look like a star out there at times last year.

I think it speaks VOLUMES that he was made the sole captain of the defense. In just his second year starting, no less. Very, very impressive.

Can't wait to see this kid play this year. Here's hoping Dorian Williams follows suit...

On a team full of older accomplished vets as well.  Bernard is definitely respected.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you grow up a Mennonite?

Whoa, leave Mennonites out of this. I grew up going to a Mennonite church every Sunday and my mom would watch Seinfeld and The Simpsons with my brother and I (much to my dad's dismay).

Space Balls and Men in Tights are hilarious. 

Now the Amish...

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Whoa, leave Mennonites out of this. I grew up going to a Mennonite church every Sunday and my mom would watch Seinfeld and The Simpsons with my brother and I (much to my dad's dismay).

Space Balls and Men in Tights are hilarious. 

Now the Amish...

Was your mom ever accused of becoming a Mennonite for the jokes?  Kinda like Jerry accused Tim Watley of becoming Jewish for the jokes.  

image.png.024595487e082f37f743eb9bbe304719.png

10 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I'll always be proud of my Bernard predictions here! I was laughed at enough to turn me into Joaquin Phoenix's Joker

Nice analogy.

I did not bash the pick of Terrel Bernard, because I thought he would be very good depth for us, despite him being undersized.

His rookie year was not inspiring and I was nervous when they said he would be the starter last season. 2 games into the season and my concerns about Bernard disappeared.

He has shown everything that we could hope for from an MLB. We missed him in the playoffs.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Low Positive said:

It's not your job to get that right. Dorian Williams is going to make a leap this year too. 

I’m hopeful if he makes even close to the leap Bernard made, we’re set for awhile.  That doesn’t mean I’m down on Milano as you can’t predict a bicep tear or broken leg, but he was the most important defensive player on our team.

im a little concerned on our Edge guys as Daquan and Oliver are solid, and if Dorian works out our back 7 should be solid.  We need to see what the Edge guys can do.

Love this kid too and further to that here is to hoping Dorian Williams is this years Bernard. 

4 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

No but I dated an Amish girl

Oh there is a part of me that wants to hear this story LOL!

21 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Milano loss really sucks but this kids progression gives me lots of hope

It all started when I met this Amish dude at a bowling alley.  I ended up being invited for dinner, where I accidentally milked a Bull and helped them build a barn.

• Haha (+1) 1

This staff get criticized for prioritizing culture and certain qualities in players.  Perhaps true to some extent.  But that also brings in players like Bernard.  No one seemed to like this pick initially.  He is a true leader on this team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1